• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: July 27 game 2 Boulders at Vogelsong 2.0

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a friend from SoCal who now lives in Dallas, and a friend who now lives in Seattle. Every time they fly into the LA area, their first stop (other than the rest room and the car rental place) is In 'n' Out. They know the ones nearest LAX, Burbank, John Wayne, Long Beach, Ontario, etc.
They have In n Out in Austin now so I bet your friend can find one in Dallas. But maybe not, Austin is sort of the California part of Texas

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a friend from SoCal who now lives in Dallas, and a friend who now lives in Seattle. Every time they fly into the LA area, their first stop (other than the rest room and the car rental place) is In 'n' Out. They know the ones nearest LAX, Burbank, John Wayne, Long Beach, Ontario, etc.
You need to tell your friend that the Dallas area has In-N-Out (it is the closest to us but that is about an 8 hour drive from here). However, the one we stopped out in Fort Worth while moving did not taste right. I don't know if it was the location or just the batch of food that they had then but it was the only time I regretted having In-N-Out.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to tell your friend that the Dallas area has In-N-Out (it is the closest to us but that is about an 8 hour drive from here). However, the one we stopped out in Fort Worth while moving did not taste right. I don't know if it was the location or just the batch of food that they had then but it was the only time I regretted having In-N-Out.

Oh, he KNOWS where the nearest In 'n' Out is. I think he just prefers the SoCal locations.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you had Whataburger or Shake Shack? I had both on my trip last summer. Whataburger is nothing special. Shake Shack was quite good (in NYC and Philly).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you had Whataburger or Shake Shack? I had both on my trip last summer. Whataburger is nothing special. Shake Shack was quite good (in NYC and Philly).
Neither. I've heard Whataburger isn't worth it and while I've heard of Shake Shack, I haven't seen one close by. I'll have to keep a look out for one.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Soler hits a double with a runner on and still cannot drive in a run! That one is definitely not on Soler though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More clowniness from the Rox lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Soler hits a double with a runner on and still cannot drive in a run! That one is definitely not on Soler though.
A day of learning today...we see in action why W-L isn't a stat people care about much anymore (Snell) and we also see why RBIs don't matter like they used to either (Soler)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Hjelle being brought in for the 6th and that is when I realized that it took Birdsong 34 more pitches to get through 5 frames than his Rockie counterpart.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day of learning today...we see in action why W-L isn't a stat people care about much anymore (Snell) and we also see why RBIs don't matter like they used to either (Soler)
Yes, context matters but Soler's season still has not been good. Failing that often with runners on is a problem for a power hitting DH only player.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, context matters but Soler's season still has not been good. Failing that often with runners on is a problem for a power hitting DH only player.
Oh I'm not talking about Soler's season just an observation about RBIs.

He has been a bit better lately but no question a shitty year. Better lately means he figures out how to hit in our park and is at least ok later?

Or is it not actually shitty?

Soler's OPS+ this year: 111. Not kidding, take a look lol