• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Seahawks vs 49ers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Flanagan:

49ers Lt Joe staley tells me he is planning on playing tonite against Seattle, tho he said doctors still need to okay it.

-------

Daniel Jeremiah:

SEA would be smart to rush 4 and flood passing lanes. Alex Smith struggled to sort through crowded secondary last week.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - The Hawks CAN win tomorrow, comfortably...

Thinking out loud here....

Since preseason I've been trying to rein in my enthusiasm. I'm a Hawks fan, it's the emotionally prudent way to react. But, I REALLY think the Hawks can win this game, fairly comfortably.

SF's going to have to respect the pass. They just have to. I know it was still cool to question Wilson as early as post-Carolina, but, that was misguided. In that game, the passing attack was an inch or penalty away from going from "work n progress" to "arrived".

While the passing attack looked shaky at times against the Patriots, it at minimum earned respect. Yes the Pats secondary is lackluster, but it's still NE. Offensively, I'm going to assume the safe bet, more growth. That's kind of a given. I think the Hawks will move the ball, just fine.

Defensively, can Alex Smith REALLY make the quick reads and throws required to beat the Hawks? He's playing well, and has always been underrated IMO. But, quick and sound decisions aren’t his specialty. Anything longer than a quick read and Alex will have all sorts of pressure, especially with Staley out. Gore doesn't scare me too terribly much.

The Hawks offense can, and will most likely be, the most dynamic. The defenses MAY BE a push. I'm feeling a win and statement.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed in to bring winning mojo back!!!:drum:

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for reference, I posted sparingly back in the espn boards as LowBudgetWRX if anyone even remembers

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you. Welcome back.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manningham is inactive tonight- who gets his active roster spot? AJ or Jacobs maybe?

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to be back!!! posting something at least.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely Jacobs and a heavier workload for Moss

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Manningham is inactive tonight- who gets his active roster spot? AJ or Jacobs maybe?

I'd guess Jacobs, with KW/Moss/Ginn seeing more time. Manningham has been a good player for us. His absence could hurt.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:bj:

Game makes me nervous. Really hoping to see a pass rush! As in our pass rush

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

RB Brandon Jacobs will make his debut with #49ers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

#49ers inactives: WRs Mario Manningham & AJ Jenkins, RB LaMichael James, G Joe Looney, NT Ian Williams, S Trenton Robinson, QB Tolzien

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Jacobs earns $12,500 per game active. Earned $300,000 for making the roster this season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seahawks inactives: WR Charly Martin, SS Winston Guy, CB Danny Gorrer, CB Byron Maxwell, OG J.R. Sweezy, OG John Moffitt and DT Jaye Howard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - The Hawks CAN win tomorrow, comfortably...

Thinking out loud here....

Since preseason I've been trying to rein in my enthusiasm. I'm a Hawks fan, it's the emotionally prudent way to react. But, I REALLY think the Hawks can win this game, fairly comfortably.

SF's going to have to respect the pass. They just have to. I know it was still cool to question Wilson as early as post-Carolina, but, that was misguided. In that game, the passing attack was an inch or penalty away from going from "work n progress" to "arrived".

While the passing attack looked shaky at times against the Patriots, it at minimum earned respect. Yes the Pats secondary is lackluster, but it's still NE. Offensively, I'm going to assume the safe bet, more growth. That's kind of a given. I think the Hawks will move the ball, just fine.

Defensively, can Alex Smith REALLY make the quick reads and throws required to beat the Hawks? He's playing well, and has always been underrated IMO. But, quick and sound decisions aren’t his specialty. Anything longer than a quick read and Alex will have all sorts of pressure, especially with Staley out. Gore doesn't scare me too terribly much.

The Hawks offense can, and will most likely be, the most dynamic. The defenses MAY BE a push. I'm feeling a win and statement.

comfortably?

yes, if the 49ers commit a lot of turnovers? but the same can be said for the Seahawks.