• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Edmonton at San Jose - Jan 13, 7:30PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose Sharks:

images

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other buttons are there left to push as a coach?

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW needs to go first!!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not so sure. I think this team has it in them to go even lower.

You can't ever count this team out when it comes to dissappointing its fans with hitting new low's.

The only positive in this mess, is that they are only 4 pnts out of the 7 seed :L

That being said, Dwill needs to make a huge trade, shake up that locker room, get the parts he needs.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see Wallin's mug on camera I think of the Geico commercials "Hockey so easy, even a caveman could do it".... well maybe not.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks Hockey... Torture! (worked for the giants...)

came back from the game last night with a horrible emotion... indifference.

Its spread all the way from the captain, to the rest of the team, to me. Pavelski had a pretty awful game (though first game in3 weeks will do that to you, so I wont judge yet) and the team was so incredibly bad against such a weak sauce opponent, that it's hard to fathom...

This was also the first day I have ever heard Tmac address himself as the leader of the team. It's always been the players (particularly jumbo, patty, boyle...) who are the "leadership". Shows the confidence tmac has on them.

I'm going saturday too, so that'll be good for another nap.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He also said that he was going to put some guys in the press box.

I can only hope its thornton and heatley

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to TMac's postgame press conference and he specifically calls out two plays made by dumb and dumber. Wallin falling down and Huskins shooting the puck over the glass for the 5 on 3. He must hate Doug for signing these two guys as much as we hate watching them.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Assuming the next 2 games or so go the same way as the last 6 or 10, the question dougie has to ask is where do I want to go with this team? The way I see it, he has four choices:

1. Do nothing: Live and die by the big 3 and boyle and pray for enough secondary scoring, adaquate enough D and stable goaltending and then a miracle if they do make the PO's. Then get rid of/let walk huskins, wallin, niemi and mcginn (7.2M) and go from there.

2. Tweak and hope for PO's and then a miracle: Similar to option one, but try to add a depth defenseman or a 3rd line forward. This might be signing nolan or reinprecht, or trading a mid rounder (3rd or 4th and/or a prospect) for a rental forward like a tanguay or glencross or rental dman like babchuk or greene.

3. Go for it again: trading top picks and/or one of the legit guys like seto, vlasic, clowe or pavs for a legit top pairing Dman.

4. Enter the dreaded rebuild: Trading bigger names like one of the big 3 and stockpiling picks and prospects to go in a younger quicker direction.

My prediction would be either 2 or 3. I don't see Dougie doing nothing, but I dont see him touching the big 3 either. He could try to deal seto+____ for a defenseman like bouchemin or kaberle, or he could just go for a depth guy.

My guess is that next year we'll go back at it, but he'll have much more flexibility not to goof again...

Currently, the sharks have their top 6 forwards and mitchell locked up along with their top 4 D (boyle, demers, vlasic, murray) and of course, nitty. That means they need at least 2 top 9 forwards, 3 more depth forwards, arguably 1 top pairing dman (if braun can step up as a #6), and one goalie. They have 11.5M in space to fill those holes:

1 goalie and 1 depth D: Stalock has got to be given the chance to platoon with niity I would think next year. Braun would likely be the #6 dman = 1.7M together

3 depth forwards: can be any combo of Nicholl, wingels, ferriero, mclaren... = 2.3M

2 top 9 forwards: Lots of options but should be signed for 1.5M each = 3M

top pairing Dman: 4-5M (kaberle, Pitkanen, Bieksa, or some RFA offer sheet or trade)

Marleau-Heater-Thornton
Pavelski-clowe-Ferriero
Couture- Tanguay- Glencross
Mitchell-Nichol-Wingels

Boyle-Murray
kaberle-Demers
Vlasic-Braun

Niity-Stalock

It's not a cup winning team, but it sure beats this one...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Assuming the next 2 games or so go the same way as the last 6 or 10, the question dougie has to ask is where do I want to go with this team? The way I see it, he has four choices:

1. Do nothing: Live and die by the big 3 and boyle and pray for enough secondary scoring, adaquate enough D and stable goaltending and then a miracle if they do make the PO's. Then get rid of/let walk huskins, wallin, niemi and mcginn (7.2M) and go from there.

2. Tweak and hope for PO's and then a miracle: Similar to option one, but try to add a depth defenseman or a 3rd line forward. This might be signing nolan or reinprecht, or trading a mid rounder (3rd or 4th and/or a prospect) for a rental forward like a tanguay or glencross or rental dman like babchuk or greene.

3. Go for it again: trading top picks and/or one of the legit guys like seto, vlasic, clowe or pavs for a legit top pairing Dman.

4. Enter the dreaded rebuild: Trading bigger names like one of the big 3 and stockpiling picks and prospects to go in a younger quicker direction.

My prediction would be either 2 or 3. I don't see Dougie doing nothing, but I dont see him touching the big 3 either. He could try to deal seto+____ for a defenseman like bouchemin or kaberle, or he could just go for a depth guy.

My guess is that next year we'll go back at it, but he'll have much more flexibility not to goof again...

Currently, the sharks have their top 6 forwards and mitchell locked up along with their top 4 D (boyle, demers, vlasic, murray) and of course, nitty. That means they need at least 2 top 9 forwards, 3 more depth forwards, arguably 1 top pairing dman (if braun can step up as a #6), and one goalie. They have 11.5M in space to fill those holes:

1 goalie and 1 depth D: Stalock has got to be given the chance to platoon with niity I would think next year. Braun would likely be the #6 dman = 1.7M together

3 depth forwards: can be any combo of Nicholl, wingels, ferriero, mclaren... = 2.3M

2 top 9 forwards: Lots of options but should be signed for 1.5M each = 3M

top pairing Dman: 4-5M (kaberle, Pitkanen, Bieksa, or some RFA offer sheet or trade)

Marleau-Heater-Thornton
Pavelski-clowe-Ferriero
Couture- Tanguay- Glencross
Mitchell-Nichol-Wingels

Boyle-Murray
kaberle-Demers
Vlasic-Braun

Niity-Stalock

It's not a cup winning team, but it sure beats this one...

lmao, sad but true. What's worse is i just don't see this team being "lead" out of this slump with captain lazy and i don't care running the ship.

I still think if any of the big 3 it will be Marleau who gets traded. He doesnt have the emotional/reputation baggage of both heatley and thornton. Unlike those 2 he has never turned down being responible or shyed away from wanting to be a leader on this team.

Until something is done about the D. the bottom line getting fixed and the "C" taken from Thornton, i don't see any reason to have hope for a change in the right direction with this team