• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing is as well is that this game means nothing to us or them in the standings really. we have quite a lead. and it has all the makings of a classic. I don't remember the Wings/Pens first game after their finals having so much attention. or Sens/Ducks or lol Canes/Oilers

That was a very emotional series last season. I seriously cant believe this is not on national TV. Bettman or whomever is in charge of that shit is a fucking retard. But either way, for the respective fanbases, this is pretty big for that reason alone. Yes this is only "one of 82", but there was so much drama in that series, that this game does kinda mean something.

I understand starting Schneider for the long haul, but c'mon, it isn't guaranteed that Luongo was getting lambasted. I would have liked to see Thomas vs. Luongo.

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For sure. But he asked as of right now... I cant see into the future. Or can I?

For sure, Boston is looking like a dynasty right now.

But take away 3/4 top D's, give your leading scorer a bad back, take away one leg from your best defensive forward, throw in another half-dozen injuries throughout the lineup, and any elite team will look mediocre, just like the Canucks looked in the Finals.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, Boston is looking like a dynasty right now.

But take away 3/4 top D's, give your leading scorer a bad back, take away one leg from your best defensive forward, throw in another half-dozen injuries throughout the lineup, and any elite team will look mediocre, just like the Canucks looked in the Finals.

Listen you bastard, you better not be brewing some witch doctor voodoo shit.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Per @JCoyleNESN, who was at Harvard for Canucks practice today, Luongo was HEATED about not starting tomorrow. #Bruins

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per @JCoyleNESN, who was at Harvard for Canucks practice today, Luongo was HEATED about not starting tomorrow. #Bruins

wonder how that talk with AV went

AV: roberto can I talk to you
Lou: Sure coach whats up. sorry I got grease in your pancakes
AV: never mind that Lou I just didn't add butter, Im starting Corey tomorrow.
Lou:

photo_1164903_resize.jpg

luongo.jpg

luongo_roberto_sad_big_381.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

imo, thats good if its true

but honestly ... i havent seen or heard that "read" on Luongos attitude from today so until I see a vancouver scribe say it ill chalk it up to stupid Boston media since they are on a roll (see my other posts above)

heard Fluto Shinzawa interview ... shuold change his name to Pluto because thats where he's living :loco:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am mad that Schneider is starting. It just doesnt make things look good... At least IMO. Like I said earlier, in the long run, this may be a really good decision by AV, but it still just looks like there is no faith in Luongo.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am mad that Schneider is starting. It just doesnt make things look good... At least IMO. Like I said earlier, in the long run, this may be a really good decision by AV, but it still just looks like there is no faith in Luongo.

ugh its game #42 ... theyre not giving us the cup if we win ... its definitely a big game but its not life or death

/is timmay starting?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one thing that gillis and Av have made abundantly clear is that they don't give a rats ass about perception from fans/media on their decisions and the players know it too.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
puckdaddy:

Even if Lou plays and VAN wins, then what? They've exorcised the demons? Bullshit. It'll still be all about May/June.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that gillis and Av have made abundantly clear is that they don't give a rats ass about perception from fans/media on their decisions and the players know it too.

they have placated Luongo for ages ... im glad that era is over

Luongo gets to walk out of a hospital after taking a shot to the neck and play in his hometown... and he gets to call both florida teams "his second hometown" because his wifes family will travel to see him at Tbay and Sunrise

why should luongo have that type of say anymore?

im glad they quit babying the dude

worst case scenario ... he pulls a patrick roy and wants to be traded because he's not allowed to call the shots anymore

/see signature line :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh its game #42 ... theyre not giving us the cup if we win ... its definitely a big game but its not life or death

/is timmay starting?

Aye. At least, I am almost 100% positive. Rask started last night... Even though he wasn't tested much at all. (sorry Dash)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aye. At least, I am almost 100% positive. Rask started last night... Even though he wasn't tested much at all. (sorry Dash)

so then its a perfect situation for all involved ...

luongotirepumpingthomas.jpg

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the goalie issue is an issue at all. Schneider is from the Boston area, Lou's wife is in Florida.... as others have mentioned. The Canucks have three games in the next four days, one in Boston, two in the state of hockey, umm, I mean the state of Florida. Schneids gets the hometown Boston start and Lou gets the first start down in Florida. If Lou plays well he probably gets the start in the 2nd of the b2b's down there, too. Not a big deal at all.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
/is timmay starting?

Rask started last night... Even though he wasn't tested much at all. (sorry Dash)

but but but... how can you NOT go back to a goalie coming off of a shut out? (oh, wait)

meh. would be a story if Lou did start, is a story if he doesn't. can't win for trying.
only thing to do is win the game and call it a day.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the goalie issue is an issue at all. Schneider is from the Boston area, Lou's wife is in Florida.... as others have mentioned. The Canucks have three games in the next four days, one in Boston, two in the state of hockey, umm, I mean the state of Florida. Schneids gets the hometown Boston start and Lou gets the first start down in Florida. If Lou plays well he probably gets the start in the 2nd of the b2b's down there, too. Not a big deal at all.

Did not know that.

but but but... how can you NOT go back to a goalie coming off of a shut out? (oh, wait)

meh. would be a story if Lou did start, is a story if he doesn't. can't win for trying.
only thing to do is win the game and call it a day.

Guess thats what it all boils down to. But its not happenin' for Schneider.