• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Is this topic about who has the biggest dick? What a fucking pissing contest, the game was days ago and the suspension was handed out. Lets try acting like adults and let it go for god sakes!

There seems to be a couple of you guy's that want to beat this to death....let it go!

just wanted to get it to 1,000 Boss :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I am home now and can read much easier. I Have already said that I am ok with the suspension. A bit too much in my mind with all of the bullshit hits that have gone on this year but once again I am ok with it.

Now with that being said I also wish to bring up a few things for the super clean Vancouver fans. Have you forgot about your "clean" players?

For instance: Last Year Romi and Raffi.
For instance: Ballard and his non stop low hits
For instance: Burrows being Burrows
For instance: LaPierre being LaPierre

You all have fired off multiple posts calling Marchand the "dirty player" when your own team has more then its share of "questionable" players. Burrows chomped on a guys hand. LaPierre is quite possibly more of a cheap shot then anyone in the league and not only that but he is all too willing to fall to the ice and cover up to protect himself. Have you watched that video when 4 had Thornton tied up and Maxim LaPierre jumped in like it was a football goal line stand? That my friends is dirty as well.

Marchand made a bad choice and a bad hit but your team also has its fair share of bad choices and bad hits etc etc.

I'll bite

For the 17th time, which canucks fan called the canucks clean?

Like I said they've got dishonourable players who have pulled some unclassy shit

However ... This current crew doesn't have players that go out their intending to maim the opposition

Marchand has been suspended 3 times now

Plain and simple hes a ****

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrows is a gaping vagina.

LaPierre is a turtling pansy.

Sedins are diving robots.

Luongo is a greasy, scared goalie with no character.

NOSE

marchand-sedin-thumb-620xauto-101435.jpg

FACE

Marchand-faces-hearing-Penguins-banged-up-ONQG6OJ-x-large.jpg

KILLAH!

marchand.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at Tony Gallagher

"I mean the visual of that Claude Julian press conference in front of the Dunkin Donuts sign. If the man cut himself shaving he would leak gravy. He's got to back away a little"

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A GDT that made 1,000 posts? Is that a record?

/Too bad these don't play more often. It's practically a rivalry already.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much stupid coming from Canucks and Bruins players and management(s) Im going to assume a cease and desist letter will be coming from the NHL very soon.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much stupid coming from Canucks and Bruins players and management(s) Im going to assume a cease and desist letter will be coming from the NHL very soon.

yup it has to be coming especially publically questioning the discipline process ... which is a no - no

In his blog on ESPN, Marchand actually went the distance in his defence, claiming Brendan Shanahan doesn’t know the rules.

It was Shanahan and the NHL who concluded the hit was a clip and predatory after review. Marchand is having none of it.

He says:

“It technically wasn’t a clip. Clipping is when you hit someone at the knees and I did not hit him at the knees. Anyone that has seen the video will see that I hit him in the upper thigh under the buttocks. They can call it a clipping, but they obviously don’t know the rules of hockey.”

Marchand doesn’t stop there, suggesting he’s not going to change the way he plays. And why would he if he doesn’t think he did anything wrong?

He continues:

“For anyone that wants to call me someone who takes cheap shots, they can say what they want. It doesn’t affect me. I don’t care what people who don’t know me and I don’t know them and they have no meaning to me, I don’t care what they say. I don’t really care what my reputation is. I just want to play. I’m doing this as my job. I love this team. I’m just trying to be a player and I don’t care what my reputation is really.”

All of this dovetails with Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli who also suggested the NHL got the call wrong.

Chiarelli said:

“Given our feeling that Brad was indeed protecting himself and certainly did not clip the player as he contacted the player nowhere near the knee or quadricep, today’s ruling is not consistent with what the Department of Player Safety communicated to Brad.”

Both of their comments appear to be violations of the CBA Supplementary Discipline policy (and By-Law 17.4 which prohibits “public criticism of supplementary discipline.”

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dey speaketh da troof.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

“For anyone that wants to call me someone who takes cheap shots, they can say what they want. It doesn’t affect me. I don’t care what people who don’t know me and I don’t know them and they have no meaning to me, I don’t care what they say. I don’t really care what my reputation is. I just want to play. I’m doing this as my job. I love this team. I’m just trying to be a player and I don’t care what my reputation is really.”

That is pretty badass. Love/hate this kid all over the place.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got shrimp?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more Marchand

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at Tony Gallagher

"I mean the visual of that Claude Julian press conference in front of the Dunkin Donuts sign. If the man cut himself shaving he would leak gravy. He's got to back away a little"

Glad to see Tony remaining classy as ever...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Tony remaining classy as ever...

that is the biggest oxymoron I have ever read.... class and tony should not be in the same sentence :) glass and tony that is different.