• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (63) - 3/1 Sabres at Sharks - 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a game like this makes you realize just how pansy this team really is. buffalo is one of the smallest teams if not the smallest in the nhl and the sharks still can't get bodies to the net??

SOFT

There is no confidence with this team either to win, every night we find ourselves 1 goal down and the equalizer just doesn't happen. ridiculous

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Buffalo is 30th in the league in hits and Sharks are 29th? (but since McGinn was their leader in hits, I'm sure the Sharks are now dead last)... :L

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Todd stacks the top two lines again, then a team like Nashville or Vancouver is going to kill the Sharks. It's a big if, but IF Havlat can come back and produce at all, he makes the 3rd line legit.

taking bets on how many games before Havlat reinjures himself...I am going to say 3 games...

and then what sort of injury...maybe from clipping his toenails or walking to the store for a forty?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking bets on how many games before Havlat reinjures himself...I am going to say 3 games...

and then what sort of injury...maybe from clipping his toenails or walking to the store for a forty?

Stop being silly, those aren't even hockey related actions. I'll say...he'll hurt himself hopping back onto the bench after a shift.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you guys are overreacting to this loss, it's comes down to the sharks running into a hot goalie period. If they continue to play like they have the last 2 games the pacific will be theirs.

I think it just seems worse because its following that horrendous road trip

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you guys are overreacting to this loss, it's comes down to the sharks running into a hot goalie period. If they continue to play like they have the last 2 games the pacific will be theirs.

Reason and rationality is not allowed here. It only leads to someone arguing with you.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think they played good and I enjoyed watching the game.

Get Couture back (and sit Mitchell, FFS!) and have the new guys/lines practice together a bit more and they could be up to something.

I'm not even counting on any help from Havlat because, well.. yeah. He'll prolly get hurt again right away. Anything he'll provide is just bonus for me.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

drinking that Captain Jumbo Kool-aid again?

:hdn:

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason and rationality is not allowed here. It only leads to someone arguing with you.

what is there to argue about, this team flat out stinks...look at their win-loss last 10 games...i don't think there is any debate!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what is there to argue about, this team flat out stinks...look at their win-loss last 10 games...i don't think there is any debate!

Because the last 10 games is more indicitive of the teams ability level than the first 53?

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the last 10 games is more indicitive of the teams ability level than the first 53?

the entire season has been mediocre at best, what players stand out other than Couture? the stats seem to speak for themselves - this team is average and well below average in certain categories, i don't think any of us need to argue, mostly i hoped the numbers would improve. lots of SO/OT and playing from behind / opponents scoring first, now this massive slump...Sharks are going in the opposite diretion.

how much confidence do you have that this team can make it to WCF again?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the entire season has been mediocre at best, what players stand out other than Couture? the stats seem to speak for themselves - this team is average and well below average in certain categories, i don't think any of us need to argue, mostly i hoped the numbers would improve. lots of SO/OT and playing from behind / opponents scoring first, now this massive slump...Sharks are going in the opposite diretion.

how much confidence do you have that this team can make it to WCF again?

I'd have to see them completely healthy before I could give a truely honest answer to that but at the moment I'd say, yes, this team has everything it needs player wise to compete for the cup. What they are currently lacking is chemistry.

Perhaps you expected too much after all the turnover this past offseason. Historically high offseason turnover yealds poor results the first year. To start the season this team, on paper, was by far the most talented team the Sharks had iced but that means very little if you have a large portion of the team spending half the year trying to learn and adjust to new systems, coaches, and teammates. And now three more have been brought in and have little time to do the same.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to see them completely healthy before I could give a truely honest answer to that but at the moment I'd say, yes, this team has everything it needs player wise to compete for the cup. What they are currently lacking is chemistry.

Perhaps you expected too much after all the turnover this past offseason. Historically high offseason turnover yealds poor results the first year. To start the season this team, on paper, was by far the most talented team the Sharks had iced but that means very little if you have a large portion of the team spending half the year trying to learn and adjust to new systems, coaches, and teammates. And now three more have been brought in and have little time to do the same.

i see your point and it is completely understandable, i just feel there is a core group of players who have been here as well as a coach for a few years now and the statistics this year do not lie, if this is the best team the Sharks have had in years, then there is a bigger problem: chemistry, commitment, coaching, confidence? could be a variety of things.

but to go back to your point you are giving the core players way too much leeway...the top 6 and the top D men aside from Burns have been in this system for awhile now with Tmac, i just don't think player upheaval is a valid excuse, there is something else there and i think it begins with the leadership.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i see your point and it is completely understandable, i just feel there is a core group of players who have been here as well as a coach for a few years now and the statistics this year do not lie, if this is the best team the Sharks have had in years, then there is a bigger problem: chemistry, commitment, coaching, confidence? could be a variety of things.

but to go back to your point you are giving the core players way too much leeway...the top 6 and the top D men aside from Burns have been in this system for awhile now with Tmac, i just don't think player upheaval is a valid excuse, there is something else there and i think it begins with the leadership.

I include Braun as part of the turnover since his experience last year was very minimal. With injuries we've seen White, Vandermeer, Braun, and of course Burns all play top 4 roles on defense. That's half of the defensive group.

Top six forwards you have Havlat and the fillers for his injury and then Pavelski playing an entirely new role with the team on Thornton's wing. Then an entirely new cast, sans Mitchell, in the bottom six. That's a ton of turnover and while only Havlat and Burns where penciled in at the start of the year as large parts to the team most of the new players have been forced into larger roles because of injury and the coaches mixing of lines.

Coaching, confidence, and chemistry have all been problems with this team over the course of the year. Coaching seems to be fixed for the most part, the last two games makes it look like confidence is on the upswing (tomorrow will be a great test of this), that just leaves health and chemistry as issues to overcome and a healthy line up doesn't look like it's too far away.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I include Braun as part of the turnover since his experience last year was very minimal. With injuries we've seen White, Vandermeer, Braun, and of course Burns all play top 4 roles on defense. That's half of the defensive group.

Top six forwards you have Havlat and the fillers for his injury and then Pavelski playing an entirely new role with the team on Thornton's wing. Then an entirely new cast, sans Mitchell, in the bottom six. That's a ton of turnover and while only Havlat and Burns where penciled in at the start of the year as large parts to the team most of the new players have been forced into larger roles because of injury and the coaches mixing of lines.

Coaching, confidence, and chemistry have all been problems with this team over the course of the year. Coaching seems to be fixed for the most part, the last two games makes it look like confidence is on the upswing (tomorrow will be a great test of this), that just leaves health and chemistry as issues to overcome and a healthy line up doesn't look like it's too far away.

well i respect your opinion a lot, so i will put some faith in your words, hope they can turn it around asap, cause they are very close to the playoff bubble and wtf anaheim is even making a run for it! ugh.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't understand this. They functionally turned setoguchi, Heatley and ian White into Burns and a gimpy havlat. How is that an upgrade? Not to mention jumbo and heater are pushing 33 and boyle nearly 36. They may not end up with a single player in their bottom six with as much as 10 goals. Their PK has been horribad for basically 2 years running.

As much as I hope that they can pull it off, I fail to see how this is the best team the sharks have iced, or even close to a cup caliber team. I mean, any team can pull off a miracle with a super goalie or rediculous hot streak (Anaheim in 2003, calgary in 04), and who knows what will happen in the POs, but this team lacks more than just chemistry and health. they have a complete dearth of a 3rd line, terrible PK coaching, inconsistent goaltending, Questionable leadership, etc. etc. etc.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this. They functionally turned setoguchi, Heatley and ian White into Burns and a gimpy havlat. How is that an upgrade? Not to mention jumbo and heater are pushing 33 and boyle nearly 36. They may not end up with a single player in their bottom six with as much as 10 goals. Their PK has been horribad for basically 2 years running.

As much as I hope that they can pull it off, I fail to see how this is the best team the sharks have iced, or even close to a cup caliber team. I mean, any team can pull off a miracle with a super goalie or rediculous hot streak (Anaheim in 2003, calgary in 04), and who knows what will happen in the POs, but this team lacks more than just chemistry and health. they have a complete dearth of a 3rd line, terrible PK coaching, inconsistent goaltending, Questionable leadership, etc. etc. etc.

:caked:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Loosing Heatley was addition by subtraction. He was okay at scoring goals but his lack of foot speed and inability to do anything effective in the defensive zone were huge hinderances to his linemates and he cost the team more scoring oppertunities because of it than he created. Seto is a 20 goal 40 point winger who's poor in the puck control game and even worse in his own zone. His presence in the top six has been more than replace by Pavelski moving up. Burns in the role he plays has been much more valuable to the Sharks than what White showed when he was here in a simular role.

Marleau and Thornton put together their most complete seasons last year and have been even better this year. Can you honestly tell me there's been a decrease in Boyle's play since he's been completely healthy and playing with a stick thats the correct length? Heck, he's been better defensively this year than at any point last season or most of his time with the Sharks for that matter. There hasn't been a fall off to any of their play and I would say Marleau and Thornton are much better players now than when they were in their mid to late 20's.

Are you no longer including the goals McGinn scored when you say no one in the bottom six will score more than 10? McGinn had 12 and has been replace by a better player. Handzus has 7 so it's likely he'll hit that mark. You really under estimate what the Sharks currently have in their bottom six. All you see is point totals but did you stop and see that this years bottom six has the best goal differential of any bottom six the Sharks have iced post lockout? There is much more to the game then just scoring.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Loosing Heatley was addition by subtraction. He was okay at scoring goals but his lack of foot speed and inability to do anything effective in the defensive zone were huge hinderances to his linemates and he cost the team more scoring oppertunities because of it than he created. Seto is a 20 goal 40 point winger who's poor in the puck control game and even worse in his own zone. His presence in the top six has been more than replace by Pavelski moving up. Burns in the role he plays has been much more valuable to the Sharks than what White showed when he was here in a simular role.

Marleau and Thornton put together their most complete seasons last year and have been even better this year. Can you honestly tell me there's been a decrease in Boyle's play since he's been completely healthy and playing with a stick thats the correct length? Heck, he's been better defensively this year than at any point last season or most of his time with the Sharks for that matter. There hasn't been a fall off to any of their play and I would say Marleau and Thornton are much better players now than when they were in their mid to late 20's.

Are you no longer including the goals McGinn scored when you say no one in the bottom six will score more than 10? McGinn had 12 and has been replace by a better player. Handzus has 7 so it's likely he'll hit that mark. You really under estimate what the Sharks currently have in their bottom six. All you see is point totals but did you stop and see that this years bottom six has the best goal differential of any bottom six the Sharks have iced post lockout? There is much more to the game then just scoring.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! Theres more to hockey then scoring you say?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If they are so much better without heater or seto and their bottom six is so good, then why are they worse than any sharks team since 02-03? Granted havlat has been out a while, but other than him, the team has been relatively healthy. (noone else has missed more than 8 games)

Heater certainly had his problems, but I dont think wingels is better. Heater is still scary for other teams when he is on the ice. Seto was and is inconsistent, but he too has great speed, a stellar shot, and instills fear. Losing those two and replacing them with guys like wingels and handzus is a downgrade. now, I like burns a lot, and I see him as an upgrade over white, but not enough to lose heater and seto for bascially nothing.

Also, the bottom six sucks. One of the best bottom 6 goal differentials? Thye are all minus players. they suck on the PK. What exactly makes them good?