• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (63) - 3/1 Sabres at Sharks - 7:30PM

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleta is such a fucking fag. Faker. It was 2 minutes, nothing more.

Can't believe the Sharks are losing to this team. Should be the Buffalo Miller's.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... that sucked.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Thornton Pavs Marleau line was reunited the Sharks owned it in the 3rd. Damn Miller

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fault the Sharks for lack of effort tonight. They pushed the play most of the game.

Miller won that game plain and simple.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a sharks goalie had a performance like that? Over 5 years ago?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleta is such a fucking fag. Faker. It was 2 minutes, nothing more.

Can't believe the Sharks are losing to this team. Should be the Buffalo Miller's.

Well, good for Miller, he's awesome. The Sabres are a bad team and they still collapsed well and played well enough to win.

Fuck.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enough excuses, they lost, they need to learn how to win again consistently, bottom line is wins and points, neither of which this team is getting...they will be on the outside looking in very shortly.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a game like this makes you realize just how pansy this team really is. buffalo is one of the smallest teams if not the smallest in the nhl and the sharks still can't get bodies to the net??

SOFT

There is no confidence with this team either to win, every night we find ourselves 1 goal down and the equalizer just doesn't happen. ridiculous

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got home from the snoozefest... ahem... game.

That was miller vs. Pavs-thornton-marleau (and kinda clowe) and miller won. the sharks lack of scoring depth is so glaring, it's blinding. I completely fail to see how galiardi and winnik are somehow an upgrade worthy of strong prospects (or an upgrade at all) over mcginn? Galiardi fucked that 3 on 1 terribly. Perhaps the potential is there for galiardi, but he is no better than mcginn right now, especially on a team that has zero scoring depth.

Against any team with two good shut down defenders who can match up, the sharks will be shut out on a regular basis. Granted when havlat and cooch get back, it will require 4 good D. However, the list of shlub wastes of space on this team is loooooooong...

Winchester, Mitchell, moore, galiardi, winnik, vandermeer, desjardins and yes even wingels, who works hard but lacks much in skill. They basically had 4 top 9 forwards in this game and 8 4th liners. No wonder the sharks dominated with the top line and had absolutely nothing otherwise.

This is the most frustrating year/team in teal since probably 2002-3, back when they had teemu but still sucked.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SInce you were in the crowd, theres no way you couldve seen that Miller poke check. It was an outstanding read on millers part. TJ beat his man wide and had 2 guys driving the net. Give Miller credit

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw it on the replay on the jumbotron... it was a good poke, but galiardi telegraphed it from a mile away which is why miller was so easily able to poke his stick out. Was it a greatp lay by miller? sure. but galiardi made it easier...

Miller was awesome. Im not taking it away form him. The sharks' big 3 have about a half dozen great opportunities and miller stoned them. The problem I have is that there was extremely little from all the 4th liners that composed the other 8 forwards.

With the Mcginn trade, the sharks now have 6 players with double digit goals and only 5 forwards in that group. In fact no other forward has more than 7.

By comparison...
Detroit: 10
Nashville: 10
Van: 8
Stl: 8

The top teams can send 3 lines with threats. When healthy, we can send 2. Right now, one. That's just too easy to shut down, which is why cooch goes down and we score 1 goal in 2 games.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS...

I go to between 5-8 every season, and have for over 10 years now and I swear I bring bad luck to the team more times than not when I set foot in the tank.

Also, the Asian girl should've won the PS3 for the 3rd period commercial break dance off instead of the shufflin Domo-Kun kid. (You fans in attendance know what I'm talking about.)

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Korky15

Miller was lights out. I was in that end when Miller made that poke check and I saw it. That guy was awesome but the Sharks were off all night. No communication, bad passing and the only real effort of the night came with 15 minutes left in the game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh hell yeah and on the girl over the kid... damn, I was hoping they would let that dance off go a bit longer, cuz she looked like she was just about to break out a few little moves (As I recall, she was just about to give the rear view... damn!)

I guess even the in-house staff was just a bit off last night...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from the snoozefest... ahem... game.

That was miller vs. Pavs-thornton-marleau (and kinda clowe) and miller won. the sharks lack of scoring depth is so glaring, it's blinding. I completely fail to see how galiardi and winnik are somehow an upgrade worthy of strong prospects (or an upgrade at all) over mcginn? Galiardi fucked that 3 on 1 terribly. Perhaps the potential is there for galiardi, but he is no better than mcginn right now, especially on a team that has zero scoring depth.

Against any team with two good shut down defenders who can match up, the sharks will be shut out on a regular basis. Granted when havlat and cooch get back, it will require 4 good D. However, the list of shlub wastes of space on this team is loooooooong...

Winchester, Mitchell, moore, galiardi, winnik, vandermeer, desjardins and yes even wingels, who works hard but lacks much in skill. They basically had 4 top 9 forwards in this game and 8 4th liners. No wonder the sharks dominated with the top line and had absolutely nothing otherwise.

This is the most frustrating year/team in teal since probably 2002-3, back when they had teemu but still sucked.

I think Galiardi needs to be on the top line. I think he could be effective with Thornton and Pavelski. He provides a lot of what Marleau brings minus the shot (i.e. - speed to back off the defense and a good forecheck).

If Todd stacks the top two lines again, then a team like Nashville or Vancouver is going to kill the Sharks. It's a big if, but IF Havlat can come back and produce at all, he makes the 3rd line legit.

I'd like to see something like this in the playoffs (assuming full health.....which is a bad assumption, lol):

Galiardi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Clowe
Wingels-Handzus-Havlat
Winchester-Moore-Winnik

We'll see. Like I said in the first post of this thread, I'm still not sold on this being a legit Stanley Cup contender, but we will see.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching with about 6 minutes left and went to bed early. I knew we weren't going to beat Miller.