• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Lions

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Lions have huge gaps between their DTs and DEs. The Bears were able to exploit those a bit last week. You can also get outside them and hurt them on the edges. With a good game plan, we can definitely run against them. And we absolutely have to attack Bobby Carpenter if he's starting (and I think he is). If we can get him matched upon our RBs or TEs, it's a mismatch we should exploit all day.

well.....most times talent is the bigger factor over game plan, do we have enough to "we can definitely run against them"? are you saying Suh isn't as good a run defender?

btw - this is different from calling run plays between tackles, i know we should do this. the question is how successfully between tackles? don't think just having wider gaps mean we'll be successful?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wide gaps like that don't help much unless your linemen are quick enough to take advantage of it or the opposing OL is not quick enough to get to his assignment.

Cal Poly used to do this because they had undersized linemen that were very fast, even big teams like Wisconsin had trouble with it. I don't think Detroit will be able to exploit this as much against the 9ers, there will be opportunities and the chance to break off some big ones from time to time.

Hunter may get more action/success than he has in the past, he hits a hole quickly and gets out.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been this excited about a Niners game in quite some time....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so far back, I can't even see the players..... :brick:

The camera in his phone makes it look worse than it is.....that place will be electric at kick off. Can't get that through a TV.

Don't get me wrong, it can be a hassle and I wouldn't want to go every week. But attending games from time to time is a lot of fun.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the talking heads on ESPN will have a Lions-Niners segment in a few minutes..

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
49ers inactives: Scott Tolzien, Braylon Edwards, Tarell Brown, Moran Norris, Daniel Kilgore, Mike Person, Ian Williams. No surpises.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions inactives: Drew Stanton, Jerome Harrison, Vincent Fuller, Justin Durant, Jason Fox, Tony Scheffler, Andre Fluellen.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well.....most times talent is the bigger factor over game plan, do we have enough to "we can definitely run against them"? are you saying Suh isn't as good a run defender?

btw - this is different from calling run plays between tackles, i know we should do this. the question is how successfully between tackles? don't think just having wider gaps mean we'll be successful?

How would you get that from what I said? The Lions, at least to date, have played D to stop the pass. They are mediocre against the run. We are (or have been for the last two weeks) a pretty good running team. As such, I think we can make some things happen in that area of the game.

Having said that, this week there's a decent chance that they will not take the wide splits and will try to stop the run first and foremost.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers inactives: Scott Tolzien, Braylon Edwards, Tarell Brown, Moran Norris, Daniel Kilgore, Mike Person, Ian Williams. No surpises.

Ummmm...Tarell Brown is a huge surprise to me. He's been our second CB. Is Brock active?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...Tarell Brown is a huge surprise to me. He's been our second CB. Is Brock active?

I think Sando got folks confused. Here's what Maiocco posted a few minutes later. BTW, those were his words, not mine.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers inactives: Tolzien, Edwards, Brock, Norris, Kilgore, Person, IWilliams.