• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Lions

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the passion, my brother! I second your rant!

I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!! LOL da FUCK!

take a look at that tv coverage map, all of CT gets the bloody game(most of the US all of a sudden) and the small grey gets sh*t...... why!>??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!! LOL da FUCK!

take a look at that tv coverage map, all of CT gets the bloody game(most of the US all of a sudden) and the small grey gets sh*t...... why!>??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you get no game at all?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was that the one where the ball was placed only where Witten could catch it?

It would be the same if it Megatron, double him or not, if the ball is place where the tallest guy can jump/reach for it, we can't do anything about it.

Yep. Still doesn't excuse the fact that he wasn't doubled and taken right out of the pattern.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where doubling the guy would change the outcome. Like it has been said before the guy guarding him would need to be 6'8". The only other option is a DB that has insane hops and reach.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see where doubling the guy would change the outcome. Like it has been said before the guy guarding him would need to be 6'8". The only other option is a DB that has insane hops and reach.

It's not just doubling that is required , it's how the defenders need to position themselves in doubling him. The TD catch he caught against Dallas while surrounded by 3 defenders was incredible but if you take a look again, you will see that he has 1 defender on both left and right side and one behind. They left his frontside open. The positioning should be one in front and one behind. The one in front should be close enough to him not to give him space to jump without fully interferring with him. I know that's easier said than done but it's doable...

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You knock him off the route; prevent him from where he wants to go. I just watched the DVR of it again and he went completely unmolested across the field to the sideline to catch the ball. Not only was someone not manning him, they were zoning him. Inexcusable.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just doubling that is required , it's how the defenders need to position themselves in doubling him. The TD catch he caught against Dallas while surrounded by 3 defenders was incredible but if you take a look again, you will see that he has 1 defender on both left and right side and one behind. They left his frontside open. The positioning should be one in front and one behind. The one in front should be close enough to him not to give him space to jump without fully interferring with him. I know that's easier said than done but it's doable...

I'm not talking about Calvin.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Though we are talking about two different plays with two different receivers, what he said.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knock him off the route; prevent him from where he wants to go. I just watched the DVR of it again and he went completely unmolested across the field to the sideline to catch the ball. Not only was someone not manning him, they were zoning him. Inexcusable.

You got 5 yards to do that. After five it is a penalty.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that's different line of thought vs double him up....

I agree, he should've been pressed(like Clark on the Colts) to negate his playmaking abilities.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for that early time slot from Fox.... 4pm there is one(whoopi lol)

Ever go watch them at a bar/restaurant? Me and my friend did that all of last year until we finally decided to go half on the nfl ticket this yr.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also watch it online if you don't like going deaf listening to drunk retards.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You got 5 yards to do that. After five it is a penalty.

Bump him and prevent him from getting off the line; double him quick, disrupt the timing of the route. He's the one guy who should not be able to get the ball in that situation. Any professional team should be able to take one receiver out of a 4th down play, especially the one that everyone in the stadium knows is going to get the ball.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, win the turnover battle!

Have to strike early in this one to get the crowd out of the game. If the crowd gets pumped up then i can see lots of false start penalties.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As always, win the turnover battle!

Have to strike early in this one to get the crowd out of the game. If the crowd gets pumped up then i can see lots of false start penalties.

I have a feeling this is going to be a tight game. This year's 49er team seems to have the capability of winning the close ones. We'll see.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go watch them at a bar/restaurant? Me and my friend did that all of last year until we finally decided to go half on the nfl ticket this yr.

I dont mind doing that for other games. But with the Niners, i have much more interest, so i rather find "Ways" to view it home where i can really pay attention to everything(and discuss amongs Niners fan courtesy of SportsHoopla)

But yeah the bar scene with a football doesn't bode well for me. Beer and beer food at home? Hell yeah!

I could watch the entire March Madness though at a bar... don't feel i would miss much.