• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Lions

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling this is going to be a tight game. This year's 49er team seems to have the capability of winning the close ones. We'll see.

Something else I/we have seen in our team this year (with the exception of Dallas) is the ability to rise above the level of our competition and above the pressure of the moment. We will need every bit of that to win Sunday.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was that the one where the ball was placed only where Witten could catch it?

It would be the same if it Megatron, double him or not, if the ball is place where the tallest guy can jump/reach for it, we can't do anything about it.

That's why the niners pass rush needs to get on Stafford's @$$ early and often. The more he's dodging sacks, the less likely he'll find that pass placement.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As always, win the turnover battle!
Have to strike early in this one to get the crowd out of the game. If the crowd gets pumped up then i can see lots of false start penalties.

yep.

or at very least......don't give up TO's ourselves.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good one. If we can get our run game going I think we have a chance.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Ranting**

GTFO!!!!! all of CT, except the smallest portion close to NYC(where i live), is getting the fucking GAME!

FUCK YOU CABLEVISION TRI STATE AREA SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**End Rant**

I feel ya. I live in St. Louis so I have to watch the game online. Don't really feel like watching the Rams get their ass kicked again

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should be a good one. If we can get our run game going I think we have a chance.

with Suh in the middle not expecting a lot of success, but i'll take moderate success running the ball.

yeah, they still have to call a few runs between tackles, this will keep Suh and friends a little honest. can't just let Suh shoot gaps as he pleases. we may call less and less between tackles pending game conditions, but we'll start out with some.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!! LOL da FUCK!

take a look at that tv coverage map, all of CT gets the bloody game(most of the US all of a sudden) and the small grey gets sh*t...... why!>??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the same boat :smow:

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant Cohn has a rosy and simple prediction for this game...I hope he's right...but I disagree. I question our ability to establish the run against their DL rotation, especially since our run game just recently come on with so many early struggles. I think we will see a mix of run and short/quick passes and lots of two/three TE sets. Will be hard to run up the middle w/o isolating Suh, there could be some opportunities with their wide splits. Defensively, CJ will still get his catches I think, Best we can limit, but I'm concerned who might rise to the occassion with all the attention on CJ and Best...they have more weapons than those two.

I don't think this game will be one for discipline, serious concerns for 9er turnovers, penalties, and mistakes in this game.

:hdn:

Detroit's after hours activities...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL Playbook SF vs DET

I'm surprised 3 of the 4 playbook guys picked us on this one and it seems they love what we're doing.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys liking Direct TV's deal? I just got it yesterday.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How are you guys liking Direct TV's deal? I just got it yesterday.

...scam...dropped NFL Sunday Ticket this year (think thats why the 9ers broke out) and I'm thinking about dropping the whole thing. $70 more dollars in my money market or to direct tv :think::decision::ballchain::thumbsdown:

They told us 50% off...yeah but the season was 1/4 over...thanks but no thanks and $45 for a single day?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
with Suh in the middle not expecting a lot of success, but i'll take moderate success running the ball.

yeah, they still have to call a few runs between tackles, this will keep Suh and friends a little honest. can't just let Suh shoot gaps as he pleases. we may call less and less between tackles pending game conditions, but we'll start out with some.

The Lions have huge gaps between their DTs and DEs. The Bears were able to exploit those a bit last week. You can also get outside them and hurt them on the edges. With a good game plan, we can definitely run against them. And we absolutely have to attack Bobby Carpenter if he's starting (and I think he is). If we can get him matched upon our RBs or TEs, it's a mismatch we should exploit all day.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check out the game day thread over on the Lions board here on SportsHoopla. The guy puts a lot into his opening statement. Pretty neat.