• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Lions

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Sando got folks confused. Here's what Maiocco posted a few minutes later. BTW, those were his words, not mine.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers inactives: Tolzien, Edwards, Brock, Norris, Kilgore, Person, IWilliams.

Yeah, noticed that. I was starting to freak out. I suspect we'll want Brown in this week.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers-Lions inactives: Ted Ginn gets first start for the 49ers, replacing Morgan and Edwards. SportsHoopla.com/n9NCw5

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field Reporter at Ford Field:

--Niners will try to be more physical with CJ and he will be double covered every play.

--Detroit will try to confuse Alex Smith leading to turnovers.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field Reporter at Ford Field:

--Niners will try to be more physical with CJ and he will be double covered every play.

--Detroit will try to confuse Alex Smith leading to turnovers.

Let 'em run around like gazelles.. they'll probably figure out the hard way why you don't do that. When their DBs are constantly out of position.

Running around in circles doesn't seem like a very good idea with Ted Ginn playing. All it will take is one misstep and he's behind the defense.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Game day!! Let's do thiS!!

okay since i'm watching the game at my inlaws and can't run around the house yelling and screaming... i'll do it on this board

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah roto gave me a mini heart attack when they listed T Brown out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glazer just said we are hot for Lloyd along with the Pats and Rams.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and ESPN been giving us due diligence in terms of coverage...

I hope Whitner's take on being physical works against Megatron....

Gazelles????

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is doing a CJ piece right now....man he's good.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glazer just said we are hot for Lloyd along with the Pats and Rams.

I think New England values their picks too much to outbid Baalke's aggressiveness when he wants his guy (ex: A. Davis, Kilgore)

Lloyd would steal time away from the 0 and 4 young Ram's receivers. Even though he'd probably do the best in St. Louis because of his relationship with McDaniels

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this along the way....

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @Ben5hore jay glazer saying Niners still in on B. Marshall trade. still no chance you think?> Said that about a mid-round pick.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Lloyd huh? That would make it so Edwards, Lloyd, Ginn and Morgan are all Free Agents right? I'd imagine since the 49ers would be giving up draft picks for Lloyd, he'd be the top priority to re-sign/extend.

How would the work in the locker room with Frank Gore as the captain, when Gore called out Lloyd as one of the guys who was in the parking lot dancing and having fun after losses at the Stick?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting feel for 49ers-Lions from Ford Field
October, 16, 2011
OCT 16
12:31
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Mike Sando
DETROIT -- A few thoughts and observations as the San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions warm up on the field below for their game Sunday:
The Lions' Ndamukong Suh gets most of the attention after his 10-sack rookie season. A few scouting types I've spoken with said they thought Detroit's other defensive tackle, Corey Williams, has played at least as well and even better. Williams will line up over 49ers left guard Mike Iupati for what should be a fierce battle. Williams did suffer an foot injury in practice this week, but he's starting.
The 49ers know they need to minimize crowd noise by starting the game well. Otherwise, noise threatens to be a big problem for tackles Joe Staley and Anthony Davis, who face tough enough matchups anyway.
There's little question the 49ers will try to emphasize the run. They'll want to make the Lions pay for lining up their defensive ends wider than most teams line them up. They should like their matchups in that regard, but Alex Smith and the passing game will need to function well enough over the course of the game to keep the Lions' defense honest. Smith has appeared decisive and comfortable lately, getting rid of the ball quickly. That must continue.
Chris Culliver and Shawntae Spencer are both active at cornerback for the 49ers. I would expect Culliver, the rookie third-round pick, to serve as the first corner off the bench in nickel situations. Veteran Carlos Rogers moves inside in those situations, potentially leaving Culliver outside against Calvin Johnson. The 49ers will obviously need to help out with a safety in those situations.
The Lions have been effective at times throwing underneath passes to Jahvid Best in particular. The 49ers' Aldon Smith isn't on the field for all situations, but the rookie outside linebacker does possess arms long enough to contest some of those throws. He had a key tipped pass against Seattle in the fourth quarter of the opener. Something to keep in mind.
The Lions rank 20th in punt-return defense and 28th in kick-return defense, defined by average return lengths. That makes the 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. a player to watch. Few things sap the life from a crowd more than a touchdown return from the visiting team.

Kevin Seifert and I are getting settled in here before kickoff. I'm seeing quite a few fans wearing 49ers jerseys ringing the visitor's sideline and sprinkled throughout the still mostly empty blue seats. The first two fans I saw outside the stadium Sunday morning were wearing Patrick Willis jerseys.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @RayEthan408 o Glazer just said we are in talks for Lloyd along with Pats and Rams. > So Lloyd, not Marshall.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign...4 of 5 ESPN experts pick against us.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too tom, but it doesn't worry me. We're in for a dog fight but we can win this one.