• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Browns

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question about Craig's sincerity in wanting to see Gore surpass him.

The article quotes the following:

However, according to PFR Perry has 8969 yards as a 49er and Gore is at 6955 which is 1734 yards away. This is the second time I have heard/read in the media that Gore can break Perry's record this year - am I missing something?

I believe that is Perrys all time numbers, meaning it wasnt all for the 49ers.

The record is for the 49ers only.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe that is Perrys all time numbers, meaning it wasnt all for the 49ers.

The record is for the 49ers only.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, '83, but Perry's all time number is 9723 (49ers = 8689, Colts = 1034). I even checked to make sure his return yardage was not being added into the equation and nope, that isn't it either.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No question about Craig's sincerity in wanting to see Gore surpass him.

The article quotes the following:
"Gore is 390 yards away from surpassing Joe Perry and becoming the franchise's all-time leading rusher."

However, according to PFR Perry has 8969 yards as a 49er and Gore is at 6955 which is 1734 yards away. This is the second time I have heard/read in the media that Gore can break Perry's record this year - am I missing something?

I just noticed I posted the incorrect total yardage for Perry, his correct total is 8689, not 8969; the difference of 1734, however, is accurate.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured it out. They're not counting the first two years Perry was on the Niners because the Niners weren't in the NFL those two years. They were in the All-American Football Conference. If you take out his first two years it adds up to 7,344, which is 389 yards away from 6,955. 390 would give Gore the record, or should it?

http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Coffin_Corner/18-05-669.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I figured it out. They're not counting the first two years Perry was on the Niners because the Niners weren't in the NFL those two years. They were in the All-American Football Conference. If you take out his first two years it adds up to 7,344, which is 389 yards away from 6,955. 390 would give him the record, or should it?

http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Coffin_Corner/18-05-669.pdf

SRPnVA = Genius!!

Riddle solved - SRPnVA Repped!

Thanks Man! That was killin' me!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Watson - TE - Browns

Ben Watson (concussion) and Mohamed Massaquoi (concussion) both missed Browns practice again Thursday.
Both players have sustained two concussions within the last year, making it unlikely they get cleared in time to play Sunday. Look for Evan Moore to draw the start as a sneaky fantasy play against the 49ers. Along with Greg Little, Moore figures to be Colt McCoy's favorite target.
Related: Mohamed Massaquoi, Evan Moore
Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
Oct 27 - 11:58 AM

Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Peyton Hillis - RB - Browns

Peyton Hillis (hamstring) will not practice on Thursday.
It's a setback after Hillis took the first-team reps Wednesday. His hamstring apparently didn't respond well, flaring up with soreness and rendering him unable to go today. Hillis' status for Sunday's game against the Niners is now questionable and the chances of him getting 20-25 touches is in even more doubt.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Fujita - LB - Browns

Browns SLB Scott Fujita has been medically cleared from his concussion and will start in Week 8 against the 49ers.
"I don't really want to know," Fujita said when asked how many concussions he's had in his 10-year career. "But I was cleared, so I'm happy to put it behind me and just get back to football." Fujita has been an impact run defender and every-down player when healthy. He has 26 tackles through five starts.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Watson - TE - Browns

Ben Watson (concussion) and Mohamed Massaquoi (concussion) both missed Browns practice again Thursday.
Both players have sustained two concussions within the last year, making it unlikely they get cleared in time to play Sunday.

That's pretty big if both Watson and Massaquoi are out this week. They are 2 of McCoy's 3 favorite targets (other than Little) and have accounted for half the receiving TD's so far this season.

:stevie:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have ruled out Mohamed Massaquoi (concussion) for Week 8.
Josh Cribbs will apparently start at flanker against the 49ers, with Brian Robiskie and perhaps Jordan Norwood also in the mix for snaps. Look for Greg Little, Evan Moore, and Ben Watson to be the Browns' most heavily targeted pass catchers. That assumes Watson will play through his own recent concussion.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Watson (concussion) returned to practice on Friday.
Watson is working with the first-team offense, which would seem to indicate that he's passed all of his tests and is on track to start against the 49ers. In that case, Evan Moore would lose appeal as a potential bye-week fill-in.
Related: Evan Moore
Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
Oct 28 - 12:14 PM

Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Peyton Hillis - RB - Browns

Peyton Hillis (hamstring) was held out of practice again on Friday.
Hillis' status continues to trend downward after suffering a setback in Wednesday's practice. The Browns' official injury report will come out later in the afternoon. At this point, we're expecting Montario Hardesty to be the starter against the 49ers.
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter
Oct 28 - 12:10 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Former Browns have been pure gold for 49ers - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee

The improvement on special teams has been immediate.

***8226; The 49ers (5-1) rank first in the league with a 30.9-yard average on kickoff returns.

***8226; The team's average starting field position is the 31.8 yard line, the second-best in the NFL.

***8226; The 49ers rank first in the league with seven punt returns of 20 yards or more.

------------

Seely also has assistant head coach next to his name in San Francisco, and it's not an empty title.

Seely downplays his role ***8211; "Sometimes I'm another voice for all the coaches if they have a question or concern for the head coach," he said ***8211; but watch any game this season and you'll see Jim Harbaugh on the sideline frequently consulting the tall man in the glasses, especially when it comes to field position and clock management.

When the 49ers decided to deliberately take a safety in the waning moments of a victory in Cincinnati ***8211; thus eliminating the risk of a blocked punt ***8211; it was Seely who hatched the plan.

"Like Abraham leaning on his staff," Harbaugh said of his relationship with Seely, who's been an NFL assistant for 22 years. " ***8230; There's so many times that I just go into his office and pull up a chair and we talk. Sometimes even put the feet up on the desk and talk, and hash things out and bat things around. He's a tremendous resource."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers ***8211; Niner Insider Blog ***8211; SFGate.com 49ers***8217; Delanie Walker always in position to help

According to Pro Football Focus, Walker has played five different positions this season - tight end (138 snaps), wide receiver (44), fullback (18), running back (12) and left tackle (1) - and lined up at 15 different spots on the field.

------------------

"And obviously, he's physically gifted. But I think the real thing that makes him special is how committed he is, how much time he puts into the playbook and (his) preparation each week. To mentally handle everything he does is special."

Just two years ago he was described as one of the worst workers on the team and someone who liked to party too much.

------------------
Tight end Justin Peelle, 32, who signed with the Niners in September, has been wowed by Walker's unselfishness and desire to improve. Peelle says his character makes Walker one of the top five people with whom he has played in his 10-year NFL career.

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, is it gametime yet!!!??? Feels like opening day, it's been so long.