• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 05/09 Giants @ Blue Dogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from the game safely everyone. So a few points, the security is really beefed up now and besides getting booed for hitting a beach ball to the lower level :) I had zero problems whatsoever. Unfortunately I was stuck in line getting garlic fries when Craw hit his 2 run dinger. Props the dodger fans I was actually impressed. Great win and I can't stand Puig and his showboating. I did wear my Giants gear also

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there is an ace, being ace-like

For me, today put Bum firmly in the position, it's his staff now. And the dude's 24

And losing Belt for 4+ weeks does suck, but it doesn't feel like a gutshot the way it would to a couple other guys in the lineup...even Morse would feel worse...

There are so many guys that can fill in at 1b (Posey, Morse, Sandoval) that I don't think it will be a huge blow. The Giants will manage while they wait for Belt to heal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there is an ace, being ace-like

For me, today put Bum firmly in the position, it's his staff now. And the dude's 24

And losing Belt for 4+ weeks does suck, but it doesn't feel like a gutshot the way it would to a couple other guys in the lineup...even Morse would feel worse...

Has it been announced as a 4+ week injury? During the post game, they were saying there was no word on the severity of the break...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belt injury sucks, poor guy. Get well soon. I hope, though, that this is where Pablo emerges. He's given little hope so far that he's going to break out of his slump, but if he gets hot, then we shouldn't miss a beat.

Great road trip thus far otherwise. Craw is killin it these days, the pitching has been mostly fantastic, especially FYWW, and these games has been fun to watch. And with this win, the Giants have the best record in the NL (Detroit has the best record in MLB, but they've played FIVE less games than us).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belt injury sucks, poor guy. Get well soon. I hope, though, that this is where Pablo emerges. He's given little hope so far that he's going to break out of his slump, but if he gets hot, then we shouldn't miss a beat.

Great road trip thus far otherwise. Craw is killin it these days, the pitching has been mostly fantastic, especially FYWW, and these games has been fun to watch. And with this win, the Giants have the best record in the NL (Detroit has the best record in MLB, but they've played FIVE less games than us).

I agree. We will miss Belt's defense but i think we can carry the offense. Morse has been terrific so far. What we need is Panda to come around. If he is going to step up .... now is the time.

You could almost see what the loss of Pagan meant to us last year. He's definately needed at the top of the line-up. These guys play as a team and it's about total contribution but for me Pagan is the fuel that makes this engine run!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked about his confrontation with Puig, Bumgarner said with a straight face, "I was congratulating him. It was a really good hit. It was impressive. Again, I don't know why everybody got so mad. It escalated quickly for no reason. I think he said, 'Thank you.' I'm not sure if he did. I don't speak Spanish very well."

I love that guy! :pound:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been announced as a 4+ week injury? During the post game, they were saying there was no word on the severity of the break...

The range is thought to be 2 weeks to 2 months but unless it's just a hairline thing it's not gonna be 2 weeks. I'm making an educated guess.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We will miss Belt's defense but i think we can carry the offense. Morse has been terrific so far. What we need is Panda to come around. If he is going to step up .... now is the time.

You could almost see what the loss of Pagan meant to us last year. He's definately needed at the top of the line-up. These guys play as a team and it's about total contribution but for me Pagan is the fuel that makes this engine run!

BB9 was good at the dingers and great at the glove work. Everything else was meh. I think we'll be ok, especially if he's back by June 15.