• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.28.24 - Sweeping the mountains out of the bay - 1:05 PM PDT

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started well, granted. But in the last month, Hicks' ERA is over 9.00, a run an inning. That's also what he has given up today, two runs in two innings. He's hit a wall as a pitcher, not just as a starter. What to do about it, I have no idea. But putting him in a close game that the Giants should win easily doesn't seem like a sound strategy.
I agree with everything, except that I don’t really care about preserving a win at this point. Put him in so he can become a better PITCHER. We all know he can throw. He just to be a better pitcher.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hicks is doing about as well as a reliever as he was as a starter. :L

He was great as a starter until he hit the wall, what do you mean?

Me thinks Hicks needs to take a break.

He started well, granted. But in the last month, Hicks' ERA is over 9.00, a run an inning. That's also what he has given up today, two runs in two innings. He's hit a wall as a pitcher, not just as a starter. What to do about it, I have no idea. But putting him in a close game that the Giants should win easily doesn't seem like a sound strategy.
The way this team’s offense functions, it seems the Giants are in a lot of close games. So, for today, Melvin has to choose either to overwork Hicks, Tyler Roger’s and Ryan Walker or use the Luke Jackson’s and Spencer Bivens. On bullpen day, probably means all of the above

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like these guys won't be buyers here and will only trade Snell (and maybe Conforto but no loss there). The Giants remaining schedule is the easiest in baseball, the next 12 games are all teams under .500. Some of their struggles have been injuries, and some has been tough early schedule.

Are they making the playoffs this year? Very unlikely. But not Rockies unlikely. Still worth rooting for wins.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaky Hicks, shaky Bivens, shaky Doval.

But hey, a four game sweep is a four game sweep. Bales with a rough day.

If we sweep the A'ss, they could get a GDT.
Unknown.jpeg

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaky Hicks, shaky Bivens, shaky Doval.

But hey, a four game sweep is a four game sweep. Bales with a rough day.

If we sweep the A'ss, they could get a GDT.
View attachment 368962
As one of your alt’s, I must point out that you’ve already been making GDTs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see this lineup, and Ray. I want to see Ramos, Fitz, Schmitt, Luci...

Bailey ain't having it...T2 no score.