• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Former teammates face off - Rockies @ Giants - 5/19/24 - 1:05 PDT

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soler - dh
Wade - 1b
Estrada - 2b
Chapman - 3b
Matos - cf
Yastrzemski - rf
Ramos - lf
Luciano - ss
Casali - c
Hicks - sp

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. J Soler (R) DH
  2. L Wade Jr. (L) 1B
  3. T Estrada (R) 2B
  4. M Chapman (R) 3B
  5. L Matos (R) CF
  6. M Yastrzemski (L) RF
  7. H Ramos (R) LF
  8. M Luciano (R) SS
  9. C Casali (R) C
Jordan Hicks
RHP
3-1, 2.44 ERA, 39 SO

This is pretty much the A team now. If NewAce can step up we should be in good shape for the roadie.

Giants have confirmed Snell for Wednesday.

So the rotation is:
Sun - Hicks
Tue - Webb
Wed - Snell
Thu - Harrison
Fri - ????

I guess Hjelle at this point, or Black gets another shot.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Blackmon wants to be a Giant - swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded and popping out to end the inning.

FZ has to be looking into how to acquire him after that AB.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disaster avoided. Soler merely strikes out. But wasn't the move to the lead off spot supposed to avoid these kinds of situations? Melvin needs to have words with Luciano and Casali.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked out when it was a tie game and come back to a 4-1 lead! Of course, I see that Taylor Rogers is struggling again. He is not having that good of a year so far. It is not bad but not really good either.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Skywalker Milk GIF by Star Wars

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we play them the rest of the season?
23-5 vs them since 2022

Gonna be interesting to see if they can hit Skenes on Thursday morning CA time

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game after a long walk with the dogs in Marin. Thoughts:

1. NewAce was good...I applaud the cautious approach of pulling him after 5. He avoided 3rd time through the order and 72 pitches is plenty while they slowly stretch him out. I'm hoping this kind of efficient five and dive becomes his norm.
2. FYWW was very effective, even with Taylor's 2 BB. 4 IP; ZERO hits; 2 BB; 4 K. Yeah, that'll work.
3. It looked like Soler was having good ABs with no luck and then his last two looked a lot like the LOB disaster he's been.
4. Tyro and Matos both had good ABs but took Ofers
5. LWJ and Yaz heating up is a good thing.

Solid win, solid series. A day off and then on to PIT and NY. Six day roadie will feature two Spider starts. The only question is who throws Fri night in NY. Would love to come home a .500 team.

ESPN has Black pitching Thurs in PIT against Skenes. Harry pitches Fri night and Hicks Saturday. Sunday will be Spider v. Manaeuuuuugh. Interesting.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game after a long walk with the dogs in Marin. Thoughts:

1. NewAce was good...I applaud the cautious approach of pulling him after 5. He avoided 3rd time through the order and 72 pitches is plenty while they slowly stretch him out. I'm hoping this kind of efficient five and dive becomes his norm.
2. FYWW was very effective, even with Taylor's 2 BB. 4 IP; ZERO hits; 2 BB; 4 K. Yeah, that'll work.
3. It looked like Soler was having good ABs with no luck and then his last two looked a lot like the LOB disaster he's been.
4. Tyro and Matos both had good ABs but took Ofers
5. LWJ and Yaz heating up is a good thing.

Solid win, solid series. A day off and then on to PIT and NY. Six day roadie will feature two Spider starts. The only question is who throws Fri night in NY. Would love to come home a .500 team.

ESPN has Black pitching Thurs in PIT against Skenes. Harry pitches Fri night and Hicks Saturday. Sunday will be Spider v. Manaeuuuuugh. Interesting.
Ramos and Matos are looking great. Not certain if either are here to stay just yet, but they are both making strong cases to stay, even on a healthy roster.

So what happens when Conforto comes back? He has not shown that he deserves any special treatment. Make him the 4th OFer, or give him time at Yaz’s expense. I can’t see a future for Slater with the org any longer. Trade him for a lotto ticket.

Luciano is looking OK. Not kicking in any doors, but not tripping over his dick, either. I am OK with giving the job back to Ahmed when he returns, but I want to keep a very close eye on Lucky. The second he looks ready for another shot, adios, Ahmed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bully looks solid. Avila is obviously the first to go down (for Snell, most likely), but after that, there really isn’t a weak point. Jackson isn’t doing as expected, but I am not ready to pull the eject button on him just yet. I like what I have seen from Rodriguez, but somebody has to be at the end of the bench, and he hasn’t earned anything beyond that at this point.