• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: GB at Denver

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, and you obviously missed, I reiterate , "it's one thing to project, but another thing to produce"...
In grade school terms, you have to do it before you can claim it....And I counted 112 points scored against them in 7 games....That would be an average of 16 points a game, but it's straying from the point...
You have to do it first and no one is projecting that they will be one of the great D's at this point except you that I've heard....
They're doing very good, but don't order your greatest ever T's just yet because they have a big mountain to climb to get there, and the numbers are not in their favor....Ravens, Bears, Steelers own that mountain...

...Not to mention this era is all about explosive offense. You can barely breath on a receiver without drawing a flag. You can barely hit a receiver without drawing a flag. God forbid you hit the QB... The standards for measuring historically great defenses have been adjusted accordingly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, and you obviously missed, I reiterate , "it's one thing to project, but another thing to produce"...
In grade school terms, you have to do it before you can claim it....And I counted 112 points scored against them in 7 games....That would be an average of 16 points a game, but it's straying from the point...
You have to do it first and no one is projecting that they will be one of the great D's at this point except you that I've heard....
They're doing very good, but don't order your greatest ever T's just yet because they have a big mountain to climb to get there, and the numbers are not in their favor....Ravens, Bears, Steelers own that mountain...
Well let's see PFF said they have never recorded a defense this great and have said they are on pace to be an historical defense. NFL.com had an article saying the same thing. I work for neither company so others are saying it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So 7 games in and them playing at a historical pace isn't producing? And like I said actual points scored on the defense is different than just points scored against. You realize teams can score points in other ways than just against the defense right? So if we are actually looking at just points scored against the defense then 91 points is the actual number.

Just so you can see I am not the only one saying this...

Broncos defense could be one of best ever

NFL Power Rankings: Denver's defense could carry Broncos all the way

Now realize this is not me saying that they will finish among that group of greatest ever. I'm saying that right now they are on pace if they keep it up to join some of those greatest teams. Throw in they seem to actually be getting better now that the offense is coming alive and not having them on the field for 35 minutes a game or more.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 7 games in and them playing at a historical pace isn't producing? And like I said actual points scored on the defense is different than just points scored against. You realize teams can score points in other ways than just against the defense right? So if we are actually looking at just points scored against the defense then 91 points is the actual number.

Just so you can see I am not the only one saying this...

Broncos defense could be one of best ever

NFL Power Rankings: Denver's defense could carry Broncos all the way

Now realize this is not me saying that they will finish among that group of greatest ever. I'm saying that right now they are on pace if they keep it up to join some of those greatest teams. Throw in they seem to actually be getting better now that the offense is coming alive and not having them on the field for 35 minutes a game or more.

You're still missing it, the key words "could be", not are now.....And that's 1 article that says "could be" and 1 that simply says "could carry them to SB"......Meaning their O is weak and their D is far better....
Opinions are like behinds, everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks....
I understand your enthusiasm but you are putting the cart in front of the horse, is all I'm sayin'....
But hey, go ahead and book your parade if it makes you feel good, but there is much more room for disappointment than you realize obviously.....Good Luck !!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still missing it, the key words "could be", not are now.....And that's 1 article that says "could be" and 1 that simply says "could carry them to SB"......Meaning their O is weak and their D is far better....
I understand your enthusiasm but you are putting the cart in front of the horse, is all I'm sayin'....
But hey, go ahead and book your parade if it makes you feel good, but there is much more room for disappointment than you realize obviously.....Good Luck !!

weren't some of your Ravens comrades already booking their parade even before the season started??

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weren't some of your Ravens comrades already booking their parade even before the season started??

Maybe !!....But I'm sure you know the feeling after GB's schooling Sunday nite....
They had me fooled, til I saw that exposure....AR and Matthews are great, unfortunately they can't win by themselves.....Disappointment has no favorites !!!....Live and learn...:think:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What part of "This is not me saying they will finish among the greatest" do you not understand? I said so far this year compared to past teams that were great they have done very very well.

Football Outsiders with their famous DVOA stats said that of the past 25 years the Broncos are ranked 4th through the first 8 weeks of a season. So far the Broncos defense has played at a historical level. That is all I have said. that doesn't mean they will finish that way.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "This is not me saying they will finish among the greatest" do you not understand? I said so far this year compared to past teams that were great they have done very very well.

Football Outsiders with their famous DVOA stats said that of the past 25 years the Broncos are ranked 4th through the first 8 weeks of a season. So far the Broncos defense has played at a historical level. That is all I have said. that doesn't mean they will finish that way.

Then what are you babbling on about then...I said from the beginning that you have to do it before you can celebrate it and you've spent the rest of our conversation trying to convince me that they are there because stats project it in some peoples minds....
And do you really think that D is as good as the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens ????....C'mon man, take the orange glasses off and be real....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what are you babbling on about then...I said from the beginning that you have to do it before you can celebrate it and you've spent the rest of our conversation trying to convince me that they are there because stats project it in some peoples minds....
And do you really think that D is as good as the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens ????....C'mon man, take the orange glasses off and be real....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

I said that stats through the first 7 games line up with the stats by those that have been historical before. That in no way says they have accomplished being one of the most historical defenses in the NFL. An injury or a few blown plays can quickly derail a historical season. So no not ready to crown them.

As for comparing to those teams at this point like you said way too early to be saying they have reached that level. I would also point out that those teams were in a different era of the NFL. Comparing the 2 to a more modern team would be tough to do. Such as the 5 yard bump rule on WR's was after both of those defenses. The defenseless receiver was after those defenses. And so on so again trying to compare the two is like comparing Oranges and Grape Fruit. They are somewhat similar but enough differences to call them two totally different fruits.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals and Patriots games at Denver will further define how good all three of these teams are. So by the end of November it will all be much clearer.

I'm really looking forward to them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2000 Ravens were carried on the shoulders of Dilfer :dhd:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Time to take those fkkn "purple" glasses off, too....!?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22128973.jpg

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 Ravens were carried on the shoulders of Dilfer :dhd:

The 2000 Ravens will stand as the Gold Standard of Great Defenses because they carried their team to a convincing Superbowl win while their offense was so pathetic. They had a good running back in Jamal Lewis and that was it.

Even Manning with his arm on a string is better. Even if he can only turn it on in spurts, he's so much better.