• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: 11/13 NFL Denver @ Buffalo 8:15pm EST on ABC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! He looked like he knew what he was doing. Hard to blame him, but I guess it’s easier to fire him than blame the playmakers who often commit mistakes. Not sure that is a good move by the Bills.
They promoted Joe Brady to OC....

LOL.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a little surprised if Cinci missed out but they are on the wrong side of a few tiebreakers right now. They're losing to the wrong teams. Chiefs have 2 games against the Raiders, a game against the Bills, and a game against the Bengals. A really good chance KC can knock out all three teams if they win all of those games. Thatd be fun. More realistically I do think Cinci gets in and Buffalo...probably doesnt. These first place schedules are no joke.
I do agree that I would give Cinci a better shot. As much to do with them holding the tiebreaker over the Bills as anything but Cinci really has to find a way to beat the Ravens on Thursday and likely need to win 5 of their last 7 to realistically get a shot at 11-6. They definitely can't stumble vs. either the Colts or Jags. They do seem to play the Chiefs tough but then they finish with the Browns who Burrow hasn't ever beaten and the Browns could be playing for the division crown. Like you say, they are already on the wrong end of some tiebreakers though. Not going to be easy with half their games in the division vs. really good defenses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that I would give Cinci a better shot. As much to do with them holding the tiebreaker over the Bills as anything but Cinci really has to find a way to beat the Ravens on Thursday and likely need to win 5 of their last 7 to realistically get a shot at 11-6. They definitely can't stumble vs. either the Colts or Jags. They do seem to play the Chiefs tough but then they finish with the Browns who Burrow hasn't ever beaten and the Browns could be playing for the division crown. Like you say, they are already on the wrong end of some tiebreakers though. Not going to be easy with half their games in the division vs. really good defenses.
I do think we really need to see how good the Ravens and Chiefs really are. Ravens I believe have the top point differential in the AFC and Chiefs top record in the AFC but both have had some very real issues closing games. Cinci going straight into that grinder to find out. Bills also I think have to take on Eagles and Cowboys.

But honestly...yeah...even as much respect I have for Cinci they are probably needing that Thursday Night game. If Watson emerges on the Browns as a functioning QB and even the Broncos emerge with a good defense then you're starting to see enough dark horses that its all going to be a bit much.

Last year I remember doing a power rankings of sorts and it felt like there was a top 5 or 6 and then everyone else. This year feels like a bottom 5 or 6 and then everyone else above them. Its the organizations that make the good adjustments down the stretch. Stay healthy. Put players in the best spots to win.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Sean McDermott benched Cook for a quarter because of a fumble.

Hope he benches himself next week for being a dumbass with poop in his pants. He left 12 men on the field like an idiot.

Maybe should have benched Josh Allen for his dumbass turnovers.

More like Sean McDuuuuurrrrrrmbass.

He fired the OC to divert some blame (although it was a reasonable move IMO). There were failings in all phases of the game though, and that comes down on the head coach ultimately.

Allen only had one dumbass turnover (the second INT), maybe the fumbled handoff (not sure what was going on there). The first tipped INT was in Davis' hands at eye level, should be a catch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fired the OC to divert some blame (although it was a reasonable move IMO). There were failings in all phases of the game though, and that comes down on the head coach ultimately.

Allen only had one dumbass turnover (the second INT), maybe the fumbled handoff (not sure what was going on there). The first tipped INT was in Davis' hands at eye level, should be a catch.
My read on this whole thing is that no one probably should have been fired. A lot of the metrics on what the Bills are doing on both sides of the ball are really solid and sometimes the ball just doesnt bounce your way and sometimes you're on the wrong side of variance. If this was baseball you would except them to 'get right' at some point and still be a championship contender. The NFL doesnt give you that time.

I think as a Bills fan Id be worried that the Bills will play better after the firing but not because of the coaching change but because they make a couple more plays on the field and Buffalo uses that turnaround to make improper decisions on coaching. The best argument for firing is the head coach because the whole team has been a little sloppy and left a few games on the table. I think the Chiefs have a better argument for firing Nagy than the Bills did for Dorsey but wins matter I guess.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My read on this whole thing is that no one probably should have been fired. A lot of the metrics on what the Bills are doing on both sides of the ball are really solid and sometimes the ball just doesnt bounce your way and sometimes you're on the wrong side of variance. If this was baseball you would except them to 'get right' at some point and still be a championship contender. The NFL doesnt give you that time.

I think as a Bills fan Id be worried that the Bills will play better after the firing but not because of the coaching change but because they make a couple more plays on the field and Buffalo uses that turnaround to make improper decisions on coaching. The best argument for firing is the head coach because the whole team has been a little sloppy and left a few games on the table. I think the Chiefs have a better argument for firing Nagy than the Bills did for Dorsey but wins matter I guess.
Yep, winning can mask a lot of flaws but that goes right back to the Bills, doesn't it. Josh Allen has always been mistake prone and that team has been finding ways to lose big games for 5 years. And McDermott has gotten a pass because they are touted as " a contender" and they would look great at times. The clock management debacle in KC was the start of it but the drubbing they took at the hands of the Bengals after barely squeaking by an undermanned Dolphins team should have had McDermott's seat burning, imo. Both of those games in their own house and they weren't prepared to play a full 60 minute play-off game. I also think that the Bills are the poster child for stats and rankings don't matter. They are consistently top 5 both offense and defense and the metrics look great but they have some flaws that get swept under the rug. And now those flaws are being noticed because they are losing games they should win.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, winning can mask a lot of flaws but that goes right back to the Bills, doesn't it. Josh Allen has always been mistake prone and that team has been finding ways to lose big games for 5 years. And McDermott has gotten a pass because they are touted as " a contender" and they would look great at times. The clock management debacle in KC was the start of it but the drubbing they took at the hands of the Bengals after barely squeaking by an undermanned Dolphins team should have had McDermott's seat burning, imo. Both of those games in their own house and they weren't prepared to play a full 60 minute play-off game. I also think that the Bills are the poster child for stats and rankings don't matter. They are consistently top 5 both offense and defense and the metrics look great but they have some flaws that get swept under the rug. And now those flaws are being noticed because they are losing games they should win.

At the time, those late 2022 season failings (or close calls) were also explained away at least partially by the Hamlin drama (understandably). However, those same failings have continued into this season (with the occasional blow out exceptions vs the Dolphins, Commanders, etc). If they truly feel they have the roster to be a contender, then coaching staff changes were due. The OC probably takes a fall first to preserve McDermott, but it wasn't just play-calling that has fallen flat. Turnovers aside, the lack of focus on an effective (ypc) rushing game is underutilized and the team does not seem motivated/equipped to perform as expected.