• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Wildcard Wkd) SFO @ GB

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully our offense can sustain long drives and cap them off with TDs.

I hated how crappy our defense played in the playoffs last year. So they need to bring there A game at all times.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The windchill is going to be nasty. This is the kind of temps where frostbite starts in a few minutes. Players and fans need to take this very seriously.

:wtf2:

That is going to be one COLD game!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hopefully our offense can sustain long drives and cap them off with TDs.

I hated how crappy our defense played in the playoffs last year. So they need to bring there A game at all times.

Run the ball lol

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 106

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't each team get to have it's own set of balls for the game? Something like 20-30 per team. Where do they go once the game starts? Will they be heated during the game when not on the field?

I live in northwest ohio. While it has never been -59 or whatever here, the high today was 14 and we just had 12" of snow with 30mph winds. The low tonight is -4 I work outside for a living (fuck me) and today I had icicles on my mustache and beard in a matter of minutes. When it's as cold as it supposed to be in Green Bay, everything is frozen in seconds. Those balls could be 100 degrees when they are brought out. They will be covered in even more ice because of the moisture created from the temp difference and then freezing. This will not be a high flyin passing game. Ever try catching a ball with frozen hands and the ball is frozen and somebody hitting you on a frozen ground that feels like concrete? Yea it doesn't work.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this will settle some(me too) nerves about the cold...

2. Jan. 20, 2008, vs. N.Y. Giants, minus-1
What ranks as the third-coldest contest in NFL Championship game history ended up sending the Giants on to their upset of the unbeaten Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

The way the ball was bouncing in the minus-23 wind chill, though, it seemed the Packers were the team of destiny. A rare New York defensive breakdown resulted in a 90-yard TD pass to Donald Driver in the second quarter. R.W. McQuarters intercepted Brett Favre in the red zone, only to have the ball stripped and recovered by Mark Tauscher, setting up the game-tying field goal early in the fourth.

Then Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes missed on two potential game-winning field goal attempts late in the fourth quarter, sending the game to overtime, and the Packers won the toss. But Favre’s final pass as a Packer was picked off by Corey Webster, and Tynes finally delivered, 23-20.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not afraid it's an advantage. It was at one time but they are like 3-4 in their last seven cold weather playoff games.

To me, it's more about being prepared for it and not getting distracted or frostbitten in insanely cold temps. It's an issue for both teams.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not afraid it's an advantage. It was at one time but they are like 3-4 in their last seven cold weather playoff games.

To me, it's more about being prepared for it and not getting distracted or frostbitten in insanely cold temps. It's an issue for both teams.

Exactly. You have to be hydrated like you are playing in extreme high temps. You body uses a ton of energy to stay warm. Need plenty of fluid and sleeves, gloves, whatever it takes. Nows not the time to act like a bad ass

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
supposedly our oline is going sleeveless for the game. Thats what Alex Boone said on sportscenter last night.