• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Wildcard Wkd) SFO @ GB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting more nervous the colder it gets. It should help us because we have a better running game and a better Oline and better rush Defense but it still scares me a little.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting more nervous the colder it gets. It should help us because we have a better running game and a better Oline and better rush Defense but it still scares me a little.

I'm just nervous because it's the playoffs. No do overs or well be back next game talk. Time to put up or shut up!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hope the weather doesn't affect Kap's grip nor throws....

I remember a super cold playoff game Niners vs the Bears in Chicago in the 1980s. Everyone thought the Bay Area wimps would freeze and fold. Niners handled them pretty easily as I remember, Montana and Rice had a nice game. Lets hope we do it again.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had one of his best games against the Pats in the snow last year. Pats team better then this years GB team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POTENTIAL -18 on sunday...

sh*t... that cold, no wonder they're not selling out yet lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope GB takes some precautions like installing more heaters for both teams and fans...

Maybe make a bombfire on the sidelines...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hope GB takes some precautions like installing more heaters for both teams and fans...

Maybe make a bombfire on the sidelines...

Maybe a dumb question, but can the 9ers bring their own heaters? Like a couple extra propane heaters?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every ESPN expert picked Seattle to win the NFC. The surprise pick was a couple people Picked Cincy to win the AFC.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I generally think the team from a cold climate has an advantage in that type of weather, but we'll see. I would think the Niners' physical style would be more effective in the cold, but sometimes weather like that can affect the ground game more than the passing game, somewhat paradoxically. I guess we'll see what happens. Certainly the team did well in their last truly cold weather game.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That should be good IMO. Usually seems to do a good job and not bias.

I dont know the names of the Refs very well, mostly just go by how they look and sound. But thank god we dont have that ref with the thick southern accent. Him and his crew have been horrible every game that I watched and noticed. He reffed one of our games just recently.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally think the team from a cold climate has an advantage in that type of weather, but we'll see. I would think the Niners' physical style would be more effective in the cold, but sometimes weather like that can affect the ground game more than the passing game, somewhat paradoxically. I guess we'll see what happens. Certainly the team did well in their last truly cold weather game.

Niners 28 - Bears 3.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That should be good IMO. Usually seems to do a good job and not bias.

I dont know the names of the Refs very well, mostly just go by how they look and sound. But thank god we dont have that ref with the thick southern accent. Him and his crew have been horrible every game that I watched and noticed. He reffed one of our games just recently.

Walt Coleman I think his name is, had to look it up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My little 'hmm rant'.... SF vs GB is certainly a primetime matchup, no doubt... but this weather condition in which being a possible near -19 is really ridiculous....

I wonder how much thought or research the NFL did in their short time when making the wild card schedule... Maybe the niners/packers gm should've been the first gm on sunday OR have them at Sat. night as the rightful primetime viewing...

but i guess FOX wanted this game.

just something to ponder, like did the NFL do a forecast check or do they not care? but maybe the forecast changed as the week progressed.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Green Bay fan said that they felt their run game was legit and lacy was a force. Did a little research....

they mostly feasted on bottom 5 run defenses. The last time they played a good run D was Detroit. Lacy had 10 carries for 16 yards.

Should we be concerned with lacy?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Green Bay fan said that they felt their run game was legit and lacy was a force. Did a little research....

they mostly feasted on bottom 5 run defenses. The last time they played a good run D was Detroit. Lacy had 10 carries for 16 yards.

the run game is what the GB offense needed in order to balance itself out...

Lacy and the run game is good for GB IMO however, like 90% of the other NFL teams, the run game will be stuffed by our defense... apparently, in my eyes, it seems the big brutes of RBs have more success or consistent yards gained against vs anyone else... Lacy is not big nor a brute but a real good RB to be IMO.

no worries in the run game... now if you want to say screens, thats a different take.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That was without Rodgers to push back the defense. In the first game against Detroit, Lacy had 23 carries for 99 yards - not a great average, but a productive game. The next week, he had 23 for 120 against the Ravens. I don't think he's a huge threat, but a physical running back playing with a QB who can spread the field is almost always dangerous IMO.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners 28 - Bears 3.

Trouble with using that game as an example is that the Bears were seen as the more physical team and the 49ers were the "finesse" team. This time around we're the physical team, more so than the Packers. I remember that game though, it was great.