• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Wildcard Wkd) SFO @ GB

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but, I don't like the fact that he is already bypassing the Packers and is at least considering making plans for the Panthers:

-Q: There’s a chance you could play at Green Bay and then at Carolina the next week. Has there been any thought about the logistics of staying out there–like maybe in Youngstown like you’ve done–between games so you don’t have to make two trips?

-HARBAUGH: Uhh, I’ve given it some thought.

Don't assume too much would be my advice. In fact, assume nothing.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Deeney (Pro Football Focus):

NaVorro Bowman (+19.5) finished the season as our top-ranked inside linebacker. #49ers

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing stat in my opinion......

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass defense has me nervous....

I was wondering what happened the last few games as the 49er pass defense is near the top in the league but have had Palmer throw 407 and Ryan 348 against them in the last few weeks? Is there a particular reason you feel there was more yards the last few weeks?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what happened the last few games as the 49er pass defense is near the top in the league but have had Palmer throw 407 and Ryan 348 against them in the last few weeks? Is there a particular reason you feel there was more yards the last few weeks?

It's been talked about quite a bit in other threads, but I'll summarize. Basically our D coordinator Fangio has vanilla schemes and relies on his superior defensive talent to make things work. When something doesn't work (No pass rush) or he gets out schemed then teams can run up huge yardage. He's very predictable in what he does and teams can game plan on that predictability...... It's why our blitzes are so effective, opposing teams rarely see it on film and are taken by surprise!:L

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ley's hope Harbaugh learned a lesson from the Cardinal game. During the short time where they used trickeration and innovative offensive play they dominated and took a quick 17 to nothing lead. Then they went back to the same old tired routine of their one-read passing game and a running game of Gore up the gut and they got dominated. If this continues in Green Bay, look out, its one and done. The way both 49er lines were physically dominated is really cause for concern.

I think that was the plan. We had a chance at the West title with a win a Seattle loss. After the 1st quarter I believe Harbaugh and Roman felt we had scored and showed enough plays/formations to our playoff opponent so they would have to prepare for those plays. We were up 17-7 at half which should have been 20-7 and I bet the checked the Seattle game and saw it was unlikely the Rams were to win and Harbaugh told Roman to shut the offense down.

Then at the end of the game I believe Harbaugh wanted to test the mental fortitude of the team and see if the could put together a game winning drive and they did. Now I could be completely of base with this assumption but knowing Harbaugh and how he stopped doing Read/Option last year I think their is a very good chance of what happened.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that was the plan. We had a chance at the West title with a win a Seattle loss. After the 1st quarter I believe Harbaugh and Roman felt we had scored and showed enough plays/formations to our playoff opponent so they would have to prepare for those plays. We were up 17-7 at half which should have been 20-7 and I bet the checked the Seattle game and saw it was unlikely the Rams were to win and Harbaugh told Roman to shut the offense down.

Then at the end of the game I believe Harbaugh wanted to test the mental fortitude of the team and see if the could put together a game winning drive and they did. Now I could be completely of base with this assumption but knowing Harbaugh and how he stopped doing Read/Option last year I think their is a very good chance of what happened.

So we can just turn it on and turn it off? I hope you are right, but I am dubious.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the blitz continues... Willis and/or Bowman really need to hit the gaps hard IMO... good to know that the defense actually blitzes vs Rodgers and shows success per Arod's QBR...

But we need to stay active in blitzing... this is where Skuta, Lemonade and whoever needs to be rotated in... its going to take a community effort to effectively bring the heat and play strong football for 4 Qs...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell just to add.... I would have Skuta or Lemonade on one side with Brooks on the other with Aldon coming through the middle or a stunt... take Bowman or Willis out for that play or so.... try different looks etc...

I'd like to see Rogers off the CB blitz too... we don't do that and it could be deceiving... but no overkill once or twice....

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two great game week threads......

Someone merge these if we can! Or get rid of one lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt see this on page 6 of this thread...

RT @JasonPhilCole #49ers CB Carlos Rogers not expected to play Sunday in playoffs against Green Bay

Rogers is Expected to be OUT

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RT @JasonPhilCole #49ers CB Carlos Rogers not expected to play Sunday in playoffs against Green Bay

We resigned perish cox too. Not sure if that was mentioned.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a superstitious guy. Lol bingo's threads have been working.

No offense there tomic!

No worries. I didn't realize there were two floating around. Kill if desired.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ugh, not good going against a team as deep at the WR position as the packers. big loss