• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Wildcard Wkd) SFO @ GB

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are scarier than the last time we played them. Lacy/Starks have given them balance on offense, and it won't be just up to Rodgers to beat our defense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choked doesn't even begin to describe what the Lions did. If Schwartz isn't fired, I can't make any sense of the league.

That entire coaching staff has done terrible by the talent on that team.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine if he'd had the QBs/coaching to really take advantage of his abilities earlier in his career....

I was thinking the same thing. Actually my exact thoughts were "pretty amazing considering the garbage teams we had early in his career".

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole thing looks like this:

Chiefs at Colts - Saturday at 4:35 ET on NBC
Saints at Eagles/Cowboys - Saturday at 8:10 ET on NBC

Chargers at Bengals - Sunday at 1:05 ET on CBS
49ers at Packers - Sunday at 4:40 ET on FOX

Obviously this means the 49ers will get Buck, Aikman, and Oliver on the mic again this year.

Is that true? I thought Kenny, Moose & Goose get one game... I could be wrong here...

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep. Big concern entering the playoffs. We absolutely have to get more from the pass rush. It has been absolutely tepid lately.

It seems like we have rotated our d line/pass rushers more this year than in recent years. Guys like Jerod-Eddie, Dobbs, skuta etc. have been giving relief to our studs. I was wondering if this might explain some of our lack of pass rush. Once the playoffs start we may shorten the rotations and give more opportunities to Brooks, Aldon, J Smith etc. to get after the passer. I know more snaps means more fatigue, but I think in the playoffs, with everything on the line, the more chances for our studs to rush the qb, the better.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 177

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember what Boldin did to these guys without Crabby and Patton.......

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we have rotated our d line/pass rushers more this year than in recent years. Guys like Jerod-Eddie, Dobbs, skuta etc. have been giving relief to our studs. I was wondering if this might explain some of our lack of pass rush. Once the playoffs start we may shorten the rotations and give more opportunities to Brooks, Aldon, J Smith etc. to get after the passer. I know more snaps means more fatigue, but I think in the playoffs, with everything on the line, the more chances for our studs to rush the qb, the better.

they were definitely being subbed over the last few games(all season tbh) and thats fine... rest our starters up..

but even with the core 4 rushers, they haven't been great to the fans eye. NO one is getting off their blocks and its alarming when we'll be up against a quick trigger in Rodgers

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they were definitely being subbed over the last few games(all season tbh) and thats fine... rest our starters up..

but even with the core 4 rushers, they haven't been great to the fans eye. NO one is getting off their blocks and its alarming when we'll be up against a quick trigger in Rodgers

agreed that even our best pass rushers have not gotten there at times. Sometimes, though, a guy (or guys) can rush and rush all game and then get a sack or two in a short time span then he is remembered to have a great game because he has a sack or two. I just hope that more opportunity = more production.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Sherman:

NFL Wild Card round opening lines
Ind -2.5 and 46 vs KC
Cin -6.5 and 47 vs SD
SF -1 and 49.5 at GB

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about next round match-up. Assuming the 49ers win against GB (if they don't win then, the match-ups, have a lot less meaning to me) So in that case do we want N.O. to win the first wild card match-up so we get the Panthers? They don't scare me but they already beat the 49ers this year and their D is very tough but their Stadium isn't as intimidating as Seattle's. All that said there is a good chance we would have to go to Carolina if we went to and beat the Seahacks.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about next round match-up. Assuming the 49ers win against GB (if they don't win then, the match-ups, have a lot less meaning to me) So in that case do we want N.O. to win the first wild card match-up so we get the Panthers? They don't scare me but they already beat the 49ers this year and their D is very tough but their Stadium isn't as intimidating as Seattle's. All that said there is a good chance we would have to go to Carolina if we went to and beat the Seahacks.

I would want NO to go to Seattle since NO would have the more firepower to potentially knock the seahawks out...

that and it doesn't allow seattle to gameplan against us with time nor do we play them fresh....

As for Carolina, their defense outside the down 4 and one LB, I don't fear them... offensively we can stop them... better chance for us.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Packers are scarier than the last time we played them. Lacy/Starks have given them balance on offense, and it won't be just up to Rodgers to beat our defense.

I don't know. Lacy is banged up, and Matthews is out. They're still very scary, but I don't think they're better than they were in week one. Offense has got to come to play, though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacey is a good RB, I hope they continue the run game... plays into our favor....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm slightly torn. The Hawks' offense has been pretty mediocre lately, so in some ways I'd prefer to play them before they get their feet back under them. That said, if there's even a chance that another team could go in there and knock them off, I'd take that option. Even if it's unlikely.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that we have to go to GB, but the good thing about playing in GB in the cold weather is that it will help prepare the team for the Super Bowl if they make it that far. Also, this is a juicy matchup. I would love for the Niners to beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers again. We owe the Packers for all the times they beat us in the '90s.