• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 6): CARDINALS vs. 49ERS

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not if they're good, the question is are they a STUD D?

they rank 15th in NFL to date

15th in YPG, tied for 10th in PPG, despite an offense that is 30th in yards and 28th in points. They may not be a top-5 D, but I'd rank them in the top-10 with Washington back. Top-10 is a stud D in my book, though that's admittedly subjective. More importantly, though, they match up pretty well against us. They are third in rushing yards allowed, and tied for second in rushing TDs, which could be a problem for us. They don't have edge rushers and can be exploited while trying to create pressure, which leads to their ranking of 19th against the pass. But I'm not sure we have the personnel to take advantage of that the way we should. And they just got arguably their best pass rusher back last week, so looking at their first four games probably isn't as accurate a projection.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Deep's argument, they do need to earn it. It took the 49ers years to build up the reputation of a stud defense.

That doesn't mean AZ doesn't have a good defense because I agree with Crimson, the only two good things about that team recently have been the defense and Larry Fitzgerald.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

The only truly questionable #49ers are LB Patrick Willis (groin) and, possibly, DT Ray McDonald (biceps). Appears both with play.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch:

The only truly questionable #49ers are LB Patrick Willis (groin) and, possibly, DT Ray McDonald (biceps). Appears both with play.

My expectations for RayMac are not very high... just going off of how being a one-armed bandit turned Justin and Aldon into bodies instead of their usual disruptive selves.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My expectations for RayMac are not very high... just going off of how being a one-armed bandit turned Justin and Aldon into bodies instead of their usual disruptive selves.

Smith had a partially torn tricep. McDonald has a partially torn bicep. I've heard but I haven't confirmed it yet myself that the injuries are different from each other and I would imagine it just depends on the severity of the partial tear as well.

I'm not trying to say that these are completely different injuries, but I've at least heard mentions that there are some differences between a torn bicep and tricep. So knowing that, if true, I'd be careful trying to link the two together TOO MUCH.

Either way, I wouldn't argue that McDonald will be able to or might play the same way as he did prior to the injury. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that given what I've read up to this point, I'd be a little careful thinking both players will definitely be affected physically in the exact same ways.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith had a partially torn tricep. McDonald has a partially torn bicep. I've heard but I haven't confirmed it yet myself that the injuries are different from each other and I would imagine it just depends on the severity of the partial tear as well.

I'm not trying to say that these are completely different injuries, but I've at least heard mentions that there are some differences between a torn bicep and tricep. So knowing that, if true, I'd be careful trying to link the two together TOO MUCH.

Either way, I wouldn't argue that McDonald will be able to or might play the same way as he did prior to the injury. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that given what I've read up to this point, I'd be a little careful thinking both players will definitely be affected physically in the exact same ways.

Well, I guess you're right. Ken Norton Jr tore his biceps with the Cowboys and still lead the team in tackles.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partially tore my right bicep last fall. My arm felt fine for the most part until I tried to lift something using my bicep. Then it hurt and my arm tingled but I still could lift almost the same as before the injury and my arm had to almost be fully flexed so my elbow was past below 75 degrees bent. It lasted for about a month and a half and the pain went away. The tear was near my elbow portion of my bicep and that was lucky because it heals faster there and it is used less than the shoulder area.

I think he will be fine. The only real time it will hurt is when he is wrapping up someone using that arm or holding a football like a running back. I was told that the tear would not get worse and I didnt even need a brace. He might need one from now on or until he gets surgery during off season if it is not healed.

Now I tore my triceps playing basketball. That one killed. Still no surgery but I had to have my arm in a cast for 2 weeks then in a sling for a month. Again it was only a slight tear but every time I moved my arm straight or bent the pain was so intense I wanted to puke. Granted I was only 14 at the time so my pain tolerance was not that high, but damn it hurt.

I tore it again when I was 18 and that time i needed surgery and i never recovered from it. My arm is much weaker that it was. At 18 I could bench 250 lbs 18 times. Afterwards I never got above 150 lbs. But I also tore my rotator cuff that time too and never had that fixed and dont know if that is why I cant bench anymore.

But each time the triceps hurt more and made my arm less useful for a longer period of time.

Damn I get hurt a lot playing sports.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Willis - LB - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle expects Patrick Willis (groin) to play in Week 6 against the Cardinals.

He's officially listed as questionable. Willis was limited again in Friday's practice, but is on track to return after missing the last two games. DT Ray McDonald (questionable, biceps) is also expected to play this week.
Source: Eric Branch on Twitter

Oct 11 - 7:58 PM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I partially tore my right bicep last fall. My arm felt fine for the most part until I tried to lift something using my bicep. Then it hurt and my arm tingled but I still could lift almost the same as before the injury and my arm had to almost be fully flexed so my elbow was past below 75 degrees bent. It lasted for about a month and a half and the pain went away. The tear was near my elbow portion of my bicep and that was lucky because it heals faster there and it is used less than the shoulder area.

I think he will be fine. The only real time it will hurt is when he is wrapping up someone using that arm or holding a football like a running back. I was told that the tear would not get worse and I didnt even need a brace. He might need one from now on or until he gets surgery during off season if it is not healed.

Now I tore my triceps playing basketball. That one killed. Still no surgery but I had to have my arm in a cast for 2 weeks then in a sling for a month. Again it was only a slight tear but every time I moved my arm straight or bent the pain was so intense I wanted to puke. Granted I was only 14 at the time so my pain tolerance was not that high, but damn it hurt.

I tore it again when I was 18 and that time i needed surgery and i never recovered from it. My arm is much weaker that it was. At 18 I could bench 250 lbs 18 times. Afterwards I never got above 150 lbs. But I also tore my rotator cuff that time too and never had that fixed and dont know if that is why I cant bench anymore.

But each time the triceps hurt more and made my arm less useful for a longer period of time.

Yea stop hurting yourself! Chicks dig scars though:suds:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If I were your parents I'd banned you from participating in sports. If I was your gym teacher, I'd make you sit next to me and only make you help me take attendance of the class.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were your parents I'd banned you from participating in sports. If I was your gym teacher, I'd make you sit next to me and only make you help me take attendance of the class.

I am too old to play but I love sports too much to stop.

I started playing baseball at 2. Would get hit in the face with the ball, get a black eye cry to my mom then 5 minutes later want to play again.

Now only sport I can play is Golf, too many old injuries wont let me. I do play softball, but I need someone to run the bases for me as my knee is so bad I have a hard time walking let alone running.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Nothing official on WR Larry Fitzgerald's status until later, but some bad vibes about his status with Cardinals playing again Thursday.

He hasn't missed a game since 2007. He missed 3 in 2006. Only 4 in his entire career. I know the Thursday Night Football thing is somewhat new and throws a wrench into injuries now, but it'd surprise me if he missed THIS game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for 4:30. lets go 49ers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

is larry gonna play today?" >50-50 at best

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the other games Game Day Thread?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Larry doesn't play, we'd better just crush their offense. He's all they've got right now.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Larry doesn't play, we'd better just crush their offense. He's all they've got right now.

Michael Floyd still scares me quite a bit. I wouldn't deny that he'd be hurt by the absence of a Larry Fitzgerald to some degree, but I still think he could do some damage by himself if you aren't sound. I really hate that they're led by Bruce Arians, too.

Also, it doesn't have to do with their offense but I say it every year when they play Arizona. For the love of God, KICK AWAY FROM PATRICK PETERSON AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

Andre Ellington on the perimeter isn't a fun thing to think about either.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald was just upgraded to probable. He is going to play is my guess

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Nothing official on WR Larry Fitzgerald's status until later, but some bad vibes about his status with Cardinals playing again Thursday.

He hasn't missed a game since 2007. He missed 3 in 2006. Only 4 in his entire career. I know the Thursday Night Football thing is somewhat new and throws a wrench into injuries now, but it'd surprise me if he missed THIS game.

Darren Urban:

Larry Fitzgerald is ACTIVE today.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers inactives

QB Bethel-Thomspon
WR Patton
WR Harper
RB James
CB Asomugha