• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 6): CARDINALS vs. 49ERS

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have pretty much owned the Cards the last several years (with the exception of that close loss in 2010). This game won't be easy, because AZ's defense is tough. I think they will wear down and the 49ers get a couple late scores that make the game look easier than it was.

The energy was great at Candlestick last week. I'm hoping that energy is there again for this one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have pretty much owned the Cards the last several years (with the exception of that close loss in 2010). This game won't be easy, because AZ's defense is tough. I think they will wear down and the 49ers get a couple late scores that make the game look easier than it was.

The energy was great at Candlestick last week. I'm hoping that energy is there again for this one.

The Cardinals are a very poor road team. I think that may be the difference.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season, both Kaepernick and Palmer are very fortunate they have stud defenses to pick up the slack, or neither 9ers nor Cards would be close to 3-2 right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This may come down to ball security. And I don't trust Palmer to protect the ball. Still, this game makes me a bit nervous. I think the Cards' D matches up pretty well against our offense. Kap will have to take advantage of their blitzes to burn them.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

Speaking Thursday, 49ers OC Greg Roman declined comment on Colin Kaepernick's (foot) presence on the Week 6 injury report.

Kaepernick is practicing in full — so there's no reason to worry about his Week 6 status — but it's a bit odd Roman would decline comment. Kaepernick also appeared on the Week 2 injury report with a foot issue. It's total speculation, but it could be a part of the reason Kaepernick has attempted just 27 rushes in five games. Kaep is Rotoworld's No. 14 quarterback for Week 6.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Oct 10 - 8:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Larry Fitzgerald - WR - Cardinals

Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 6 against San Francisco.

On Friday, coach Bruce Arians revealed Fitzgerald is again dealing with hamstring problems, though this time to a "different spot" than his early-season strain. Beat writer Kent Somers still thinks Fitzgerald will play against the 49ers, but clearly he is not and has not been 100 percent, perhaps at least partially explaining Fitzgerald's disappointing box-score production. He'll be a dicey fantasy play in Week 6 because the Cardinals and Niners don't square off until 4:25PM ET.
Source: Kent Somers on Twitter

Oct 11 - 3:59 PM

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This season, both Kaepernick and Palmer are very fortunate they have stud defenses to pick up the slack, or neither 9ers nor Cards would be close to 3-2 right now.

Arizona has a 'stud defense'?

I can buy they're a good D, or playing well, but 'stud' is earned over a little more time?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Arizona has a 'stud defense'?

I can buy they're a good D, or playing well, but 'stud' is earned over a little more time?

I buy the AZ defense. They're legit. They carried the team to a 4-0 start last year before the awful, awful offense crushed their spirits. Even covering for one of the worst QB situations in the history of the league, they were pretty solid last year. The wheels kind of fell off toward the end of the season, but that team has talent. If our passing game doesn't pick it up this week - and utilize quick passes to WRs not named Boldin and to RBs - I think we could be in for a tight game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I buy the AZ defense. They're legit. They carried the team to a 4-0 start last year before the awful, awful offense crushed their spirits. Even covering for one of the worst QB situations in the history of the league, they were pretty solid last year. The wheels kind of fell off toward the end of the season, but that team has talent. If our passing game doesn't pick it up this week - and utilize quick passes to WRs not named Boldin and to RBs - I think we could be in for a tight game.

not if they're good, the question is are they a STUD D?

they rank 15th in NFL to date

Last edited by a moderator: