• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 12): 49ERS vs. REDSKINS

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an excuse-making bitch. You watch, the sniping he's getting from his teammates for his blame game nonsense is going to increase.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see where Griff has not ultimately said that he needs to execute better individually, even as recently as todays presser. Time will tell the story.

The sniping is a function of overblown media coverage, dogging every player on the team for a 'comment on the state of the team and Griff" and the scrutiny any team with a 3-7 record is going to receive. It's as simple as that, IMO.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously? Who are you talking about? outside of Morris ( who i agree has been awesome this year with much fewer carries) and Griff (who can be explosive but has had a very trying year)? I mean Garçon has been great this year and Jordan Reed has definitly stepped up as a rookie TE (btw, he is under going concussion protocol this week), but it's not like we're Denver with multiple offensive threats. Curious to know what players ou fear? Might make me feel better, lol.

Morris scares the daylights out of me. He has one of my favorite running styles in the last decade.

I still fear Griffin on the perimeter as a runner and somewhat as a passer.

Garcon is one of my favorite WRs in the entire league and I could see the 49ers struggling against him. The 49ers have actually been pretty dang stout against team's number one guy, but without Tarell Brown now, I worry about him a bit more now.

Hankerson was a guy I brought up two weeks ago as a guy I was not looking forward to facing but he's out now. Aldrick Robinson is a guy I'd start to worry about as a deep threat late in the game if things are tight.

Santana Moss is another one I don't think they match up great with if the 49ers choose to sit into coverage and can't get to Griffin on time. Although, I will admit that I don't think RGIII has had great success targeting Moss this year.

I always called Josh Morgan "Mr. Reliable" when he was in SF but it appears he's not getting much playing time any more with Washington and I know he was inactive for the one game. He doesn't really scare me but I wanted to point out that I did have a lot more respect for him while in SF than most people did. If he finally were to maximize what playing time he does get this week, it wouldn't shock me one bit.

Jordan Reed in Washington's offense is a bit scary. He didn't really do much for me coming into the NFL but he matches up well in my opinion, especially if RGII has time. Assuming he's cleared to play.

The defensive front doesn't scare me a ton. Although, for whatever reason the 49ers in recent times have always had trouble against Barry Cofield.

Orakpo is another one that I fear at this point. Perry Riley is another guy that pops out to me on that defense but I haven't seen enough of him to really bang my opinion too loudly on him. I have some respect for him. I'll be wondering about him the rest of the week.

The defensive backfield I am not all that educated on and right now it doesn't scare me a ton but that could change a little bit if I get a chance to look at that a little bit deeper as the week goes on.

Basically, the biggest fears I have is RGII as a passer and runner on the perimeter if the 49ers can't get to him in the pocket or allow him to sit back there and allow guys to uncover on the back end. There aren't many RBs in the NFL I have more respect for now than Morris and I could see him gashing the 49ers if Washington decides to run a lot of power with him or others. (49ers struggle against with power formations against the run and up the middle in general). And can the 49ers contain Garcon pretty much at all levels if RGIII has time to find him?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could be just what the doctor ordered.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good understanding and assessment of the skins roster ChrisPoz. We do have a ton of potential on the offensive side of the ball, and if we could actually play a full 60 minutes, you'd have every reason to fear our offense. Who knows, we may actually show up for the ENTIRE game this week, and make some noise. It is a week to week league. I sure would love to see it.

Our D is nothing to fear at all. They too, only show up for a quarter or two. Rak and Kerrigan are used in contain too much, and that is not their strength. Facing a mobile QB, they will probably be misused again this week. London has lost a step and our secondary has rookies, very average talent and Merriweather. One bright spot who could possibly get a TO is D Hall, who has been having his best year yet as a redskin.

STs. Truly god awful. Give up Terrible field position. Shanked punts, blocked FGs, an absurd pass on 4th down, Return TDs from other teams, no punt or kick returner, the list goes on...

Bottom line IMO

Offense= slight advantage skins ( would be larger, but we face your excellent D)
Defense= huge advantage SF
STs = absurdly huge advantage SF

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good understanding and assessment of the skins roster ChrisPoz. We do have a ton of potential on the offensive side of the ball, and if we could actually play a full 60 minutes, you'd have every reason to fear our offense. Who knows, we may actually show up for the ENTIRE game this week, and make some noise. It is a week to week league. I sure would love to see it.

Our D is nothing to fear at all. They too, only show up for a quarter or two. Rak and Kerrigan are used in contain too much, and that is not their strength. Facing a mobile QB, they will probably be misused again this week. London has lost a step and our secondary has rookies, very average talent and Merriweather. One bright spot who could possibly get a TO is D Hall, who has been having his best year yet as a redskin.

STs. Truly god awful. Give up Terrible field position. Shanked punts, blocked FGs, an absurd pass on 4th down, Return TDs from other teams, no punt or kick returner, the list goes on...

Bottom line IMO

Offense= slight advantage skins ( would be larger, but we face your excellent D)
Defense= huge advantage SF
STs = absurdly huge advantage SF

If I could find myself to actually care a bunch about another NFC team, I'd feel bad for the Redskins having Jim Haslett as their defensive coordinator. I can't remember a time since I started following football closely where I've been a fan of his and what he does.

I do have some respect for Raheem Morris, though he probably isn't getting a whole bunch of respect right now from the Redskins fan base I suspect.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could find myself to actually care a bunch about another NFC team, I'd feel bad for the Redskins having Jim Haslett as their defensive coordinator. I can't remember a time since I started following football closely where I've been a fan of his and what he does.

I do have some respect for Raheem Morris, though he probably isn't getting a whole bunch of respect right now from the Redskins fan base I suspect.

To be fair, Haz, has had his hands tied in terms of talent, much of which has been due to the cap sanctions against us. You really CAN do a lot with 36 million dollars and we haven't had that ability. Its been further hampered by lack of draft picks and or attention going to the offensive side of the ball. I, for one, DO NOT regret for a single moment getting Griffen. As long as he stays healthy, he will have been worth every penny to me in this QB driven league.

For some strange reason, we've had a terrible time with tackling this year. That and execution with mostly average talent has taken what could be an average Defense and turned it laughable at times. Not sure how much the CBA changes had an affect on tackling issues, but I definitly think it played a part.

One of the most frustrating things about Haz for me, is that he does not put players in the best position to play to their strengths consistently. Good coaches do this and get more out of players than the talent they may possess.

I cant see him coming back next year. His track record has been awful. For 4 years now, we keep seeing a poorly ranked D. His blitz packages can work but often gets burned, particularly over the middle of the field. TEs often kill this D out of the slot. And our lack of pressure on QBs and recent sacks, is DIRECTLY correlated to how he misuses our pass rushers. Hard to know about Raheem. He seems a players coach, but he is part of a poor defensive coaching unit. I wouldn't want him to be in charge, if and when, Haz goes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure hope Mr. Crabtree suits up for this one.

Unless he is 100% he shouldn't see the field. His impact is on the plays where we get him the ball and let him make a play like all those bubble screens that went his way, it's hard to juke coming off a major knee injury and I want no chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers will LOSE!?!?!?!?!

I have no faith in Harbaugh or his coaching staff and making the right decision on anything. I know I blame Kaep for a lot of things, but more and more I think about it. I blame the coaches for the niners poor play.

Just realized the 49ers will not make it to the superbowl, once all of you realize it too, watching 49er games won't be so upsetting.

:suds: hope we just make the playoffs :pray:

Not sure how you make that leap. A year ago at this time I know plenty of people that would have put money that Baltimore wouldn't have been in the Superbowl. What about the Giants beating the Pats, twice, how many people said that was going to happen? You may end up being right but right now there is no reason we don't get into the playoffs and once you're in the playoffs anything can happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe, but looking at it from afar, the Redskins locker room situation seems more toxic than the Tampa Bay Locker room drama with Schiano.

Also, I believe most problems with execution on the field is an extension of the coaching staff and the culture of the Redskins Franchise as a whole.

About the Greg Schiano thing, am I the only one that thinks most of that was just Michael Silver stirring shit up cause he had to put something out. I just felt like Silver had an axe to grind or something with that article. Its just didnt seem fair. Wow, you found a player or two no longer with the team that didnt have nice things to say about a former head coach. thats totally unheard of.
Maybe not the right place for this conversation but it has been bothering me for weeks.

I may be in the minority here but I simply don't think Shanny is a good coach. The dude did nothing outside of Elway. Of course I felt the same about Holmgren and Favre and he ended up taking Seattle to the Superbowl. I'm sure that can be said of a lot of coaches but I just get the feeling he gets the "Elite" coach status like a Parcells and he just isn't.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority here but I simply don't think Shanny is a good coach. The dude did nothing outside of Elway. Of course I felt the same about Holmgren and Favre and he ended up taking Seattle to the Superbowl. I'm sure that can be said of a lot of coaches but I just get the feeling he gets the "Elite" coach status like a Parcells and he just isn't.

no decent qb since elway. jake plummer was the best he's had in denver. he also can't draft for defense and thats really his downfall.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the 49ers having enough offense to win this one on the road; especially with the way the Redskins seem to come on late in their games. I believe Kaepernick's confidence is shot as is the confidence in him by the rest of the offense. The defense will be good enough to keep the game close but will once again fail in the 4th quarter when its close. Redskins in a close one.

Seriously, they will win this game despite Kaepernick. The Redskins are awful.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, they will win this game despite Kaepernick. The Redskins are awful.

The Redskins having the sixth ranked offense combined with our inabaility to rush the passer worries me. If the Skins score 20 points, they will win the game and they've scored at least that many points in all their games so far except one. Our offense cannot manage that many points unless the D gets them a big turnover advantage. It will be a very close game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

Michael Crabtree (PUP, Achilles) participated in Thursday's practice.

The 49ers don't have to provide an official tag for Crabtree since he remains on the PUP list, but he reportedly took part in team drills. The 49ers have until Tuesday to officially activate Crabtree, and are fully expected to do so. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll be active for Week 13, however.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Nov 21 - 7:52 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

Colin Kaepernick is listed on the 49ers' Week 12 injury report with a back issue, but is practicing in full.

Kaepernick is in no danger of missing Monday's game against the Redskins. Although he's coming off a frustrating two-week stretch, Kaepernick's matchup with Washington's shaky defense has him in the QB1 conversation for Week 12.
Source: Can Inman on Twitter

Nov 21 - 7:54 PM