• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 12): 49ERS vs. REDSKINS

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could be, this is more a gut reaction to what I've been seeing rather than any careful analysis. I think the 49ers are going to be very down now that the division is gone. Gonna be tough for them to get up for this one.

Please, these men are professionals, they aren't high school players. They will be 'up" for the game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long Shannahan has as Redskins coach. Seem to be hearing at lot of grumblings by the players there. He should just do what he has been wanting to all along and start Cousins. Since I get the feeling he wont be there much longer.

they're doing well considering griffon's injury and the loss of cap space. if griffon can stay healthy that team is gonna be tough for many years under shanahan

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go get this win. We need a win big time. Pats didn't help us last night or can you say the refs fucked up again. Its time to get new refs or re train them they are really bad.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go get this win. We need a win big time. Pats didn't help us last night or can you say the refs fucked up again. Its time to get new refs or re train them they are really bad.

They are retraining them, too call more penalties for hard hitting on plays that look bad whether they are legal/illegal. The league has went soft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Morgan - WR - Redskins

Coach Mike Shanahan gave disgruntled WR Josh Morgan a vote of confidence Monday.

Morgan was a healthy scratch in Week 11 and took a shot at Shanahan after the game. But with Leonard Hankerson (knee) down, the Skins know they'll need Morgan at the "Z" receiver spot. "I've got a lot of belief in Josh Morgan," Shanahan said. "I have a lot of confidence in Josh that he'll come back strong and help us this week as a receiver." Morgan is likely to share time with Aldrick Robinson and will also block a ton. He's not worth a fantasy add in most formats.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 19 - 8:47 AM

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're doing well considering griffon's injury and the loss of cap space. if griffon can stay healthy that team is gonna be tough for many years under shanahan

For me its not so much a matter of wins and losses for the Redskins and Shanahan. Its seems to me he has lost the locker room and once that happens its only a matter of time. I'm just sayin if he is on the outs, he might as well get his guy in there.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, there is no way any skins fan outside of a total homer can see us as having a chance to win this game, unless we can somehow string together play for 60 minutes. It hasn't happened yet. Execution and tackling has been putrid.

We've had explosive quarters and explosive halves from our offense, but have yet to see a complete game from them. Same is true for our sub par D. We only get about 1 to 2 quarters of ok play from them and haven't seen a TO from them for the last few games. And STS.... Please, historically and epically bad. Giving up the worst field position in the league this year. Even an incredible team can't overcome that, week after week.

The only consistency we've had all season is Alfred Morris and I do expect him to get his. That's about it.

Here's to no injuries! Hail.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its not so much a matter of wins and losses for the Redskins and Shanahan. Its seems to me he has lost the locker room and once that happens its only a matter of time. I'm just sayin if he is on the outs, he might as well get his guy in there.

I honestly think this is over hyped by the media and is a product of fish bowl coverage of Griff and his youth showing in his comments. Even if there was an issue, that's not the primary reason skins are losing this year.

Skins are losing because they CANNOT play a complete game, in ANY of the three phases of it. Each week it is a different part of the team failing. Every part has shown up short, depending on the week. People can say its salary cap, talent, relationship with the coaching staff, whatever... I say it's the execution and ability to play for 60 minutes this year.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but looking at it from afar, the Redskins locker room situation seems more toxic than the Tampa Bay Locker room drama with Schiano.

Also, I believe most problems with execution on the field is an extension of the coaching staff and the culture of the Redskins Franchise as a whole.

About the Greg Schiano thing, am I the only one that thinks most of that was just Michael Silver stirring shit up cause he had to put something out. I just felt like Silver had an axe to grind or something with that article. Its just didnt seem fair. Wow, you found a player or two no longer with the team that didnt have nice things to say about a former head coach. thats totally unheard of.
Maybe not the right place for this conversation but it has been bothering me for weeks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griffin is a selfish little bitch who is all about Griffin and not the team but Shanahan is a dick as well. They deserve each other.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a selfish little bitch who is all about Griffin and not the team but Shanahan is a dick as well. They deserve each other.

Wow, just wow, Toby. This is a bit of an extreme statement. You're talking about a second year QB, returning from major injury, against crazy odds, and an offensive plan that had to account for that. It's a big challenge and it hasn't been smooth for a variety of reasons. Tensions run high as a result. Being competitive and wanting to win does not always translate to being a selfish bitch. Shanny is admired and respected by a lot of players.

The scrutiny in a major market like DC, especially on the QB and coaches is a different type of animal than most other cities. Media spins for hype and drama and storylines. Griff is still very young and has made his share of gaffes with the media but most of it is his willingness to be candid. He will learn but I hope he doesn't become disingenuous like so many other players and coaches. Stylistically, Shanny is secretive and selective about what he chooses to speak about. Obviously, those styles are going to have growing pains. Just sayin...It is what it is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll win, it's just a matter of whether those who should be happy with the team instead begrudgedly act happy but are upset with one facet over the team overall. If RGIII injures himself or sucks, resulting in a run based time off the block offensive performance, are we going to say, "another under 200 yard passing game!"

I think we'll get 250+ in a bounce back game, but that's beside the point.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow, Toby. This is a bit of an extreme statement. You're talking about a second year QB, returning from major injury, against crazy odds, and an offensive plan that had to account for that. It's a big challenge and it hasn't been smooth for a variety of reasons. Tensions run high as a result. Being competitive and wanting to win does not always translate to being a selfish bitch. Shanny is admired and respected by a lot of players.

The scrutiny in a major market like DC, especially on the QB and coaches is a different type of animal than most other cities. Media spins for hype and drama and storylines. Griff is still very young and has made his share of gaffes with the media but most of it is his willingness to be candid. He will learn but I hope he doesn't become disingenuous like so many other players and coaches. Stylistically, Shanny is secretive and selective about what he chooses to speak about. Obviously, those styles are going to have growing pains. Just sayin...It is what it is.

He's an excuse-making bitch. You watch, the sniping he's getting from his teammates for his blame game nonsense is going to increase.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an excuse-making bitch. You watch, the sniping he's getting from his teammates for his blame game nonsense is going to increase.

Who would you rather have as QB RGIII or Kap?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are SO many guys on their roster that I am sick to my stomach over having to see play. Hankerson was one of many I was worried about matching up with.

John Keim:

Hankerson is done for the season. Mike shanahan said Hankerson news surgery to repair his lcl #Redskins

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are SO many guys on their roster that I am sick to my stomach over having to see play. Hankerson was one of many I was worried about matching up with.

John Keim:

Hankerson is done for the season. Mike shanahan said Hankerson news surgery to repair his lcl #Redskins

Seriously? Who are you talking about? outside of Morris ( who i agree has been awesome this year with much fewer carries) and Griff (who can be explosive but has had a very trying year)? I mean Garçon has been great this year and Jordan Reed has definitly stepped up as a rookie TE (btw, he is under going concussion protocol this week), but it's not like we're Denver with multiple offensive threats. Curious to know what players ou fear? Might make me feel better, lol.