• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 10): PANTHERS vs. 49ERS

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet! With Crabby back the Niners' offense is entirely different than the unit that went into Seattle.

When will Crabtree really be back, though? I hope he gets back to peak form soon, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will show us if this team is a pretender or a contender, Do we just beat up on bad teams or can we handle a talented team that is riding a hot streak just like we are and has everything to play for. This almost feels like a playoff type of game because we are both 1 game behind our respective division leaders, And a loss for either team would be a huge blow to our playoff expectations. I am worried that we will have trouble running the ball against that stout Car front 7 they have held Marshawn and AP to well under 100 yards, I hope Roman doesn't just give up on the run if it doesn't pan out right away and start trying to get cute.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will show us if this team is a pretender or a contender, Do we just beat up on bad teams or can we handle a talented team that is riding a hot streak just like we are and has everything to play for. This almost feels like a playoff type of game because we are both 1 game behind our respective division leaders, And a loss for either team would be a huge blow to our playoff expectations. I am worried that we will have trouble running the ball against that stout Car front 7 they have held Marshawn and AP to well under 100 yards, I hope Roman doesn't just give up on the run if it doesn't pan out right away and start trying to get cute.

Your worries are well founded. The Panthers will stack the box and try to put this game on Kaepernick's passing and that is a very dicey proposition. Additionally, their QB will not have to worry about any pass rush so his mistakes will probably be minimal. I have the Panthers winning this one at the end of a hard-fought game 23-20.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your worries are well founded. The Panthers will stack the box and try to put this game on Kaepernick's passing and that is a very dicey proposition. Additionally, their QB will not have to worry about any pass rush so his mistakes will probably be minimal. I have the Panthers winning this one at the end of a hard-fought game 23-20.

He has to worry about Aldon

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario takes pressure off of Boldin. He isn't all by himself now. Mario will be a big player for us this year. Mario has great hands and like some one said has a thing for moving the chains.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario takes pressure off of Boldin. He isn't all by himself now. Mario will be a big player for us this year. Mario has great hands and like some one said has a thing for moving the chains.

Good player.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

49ers rookie WR Quinton Patton (broken foot) is out of his walking boot.

Coach Jim Harbaugh said Patton will not go on injured reserve, though he seems to still be a couple weeks away. Patton broke his foot in Week 4. With Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree gearing up to return to team with Anquan Boldin, Patton may not have much of an offensive role again this season.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Nov 6 - 3:18 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sione Fua - DT - Panthers

Panthers DT Sione Fua has been moved to the offensive line.

Fua, a 2011 third-rounder out of Stanford, has never played on the offensive line in his high school, college, or professional careers. The Carolina offensive line has been decimated by injuries in recent weeks. Fua has played just 53 snaps this season, so learning another position could help him stick around.
Source: Joe Person on Twitter

Nov 6 - 12:50 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

CSN Bay Area says Michael Crabtree's return to game action will depend on how sharp he looks in practice.

The Niners aren't going to strap a target date to Crabtree's back. Now that he's been cleared to resume practice, they'll take a look at how effective he is coming off a May full Achilles' tendon tear and play it by ear. Barring a setback, he'll appear in a game no later than Week 13. Stashers should note that Crabtree will face Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner in Week 14 and Darrelle Revis in Week 15.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Nov 6 - 8:24 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers

Aldon Smith appears capable of playing every snap as soon as this week.

Smith was away from the team for five weeks as he sought treatment for substance abuse. He apparently kept himself in good shape, as he went through Tuesday's conditioning work without issue. The Niners are expected to use their All-Pro pass rusher in Sunday's game against Carolina, likely off the bench behind Dan Skuta/Corey Lemonier. Smith will be back with the starters by Week 11. His 38 sacks since 2011 ranks second in the league.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Nov 6 - 8:32 AM

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon has a ten month old and still acts like a kid himself? I can't stand when people have children and act like one .

:L

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Fua, a 2011 third-rounder out of Stanford, has never played on the offensive line in his high school, college, or professional careers. The Carolina offensive line has been decimated by injuries in recent weeks. Fua has played just 53 snaps this season, so learning another position could help him stick around.

Sweet! Sounds like the puddy tats are pretty desperate. :D

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon has a ten month old and still acts like a kid himself? I can't stand when people have children and act like one .

:L

A little late?
He is making the right steps to get better and that is all that can be asked from him at this point in time

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wow!!!!! I never, ever would've predicted that one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, if we can't get to the passer with this O line we might as well just give up.