• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (NFC Championship Game 2014) 49ERS @ SEATTLE

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They already have Robert Quinn and Chris Long. Why would they add Clowney as well? They have other needs. I have a feeling they might take Sammy Watkins.

I think they'll get the Falcons to bite on a trade and drop down 4 spots while getting another bounty of picks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to win this game but the truth 49ers window is about 3-5 years. They have most of their top players locked up. Teams lose players all the time so yes we will lose some but we will replace them. Our window is open and it will stay open for awhile as long as Harbaugh is here.
I believe the 49ers will be good for a while, but with the division filled with tough teams that are only going to get better, their opportunities will be fewer.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not. I just don't see them as being quite on the same level right now. That said, the Rams are adding talent at an alarming rate thanks to that Griffin III trade.

That's what I'm getting at. And if the Cardinals aren't the best defense in the conference, they are pretty close.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Long was a Tackle and I was thinking with Clowney on one side and Quinn on the other, the opposing QB would be in trouble.

They have Jake Long who is an OT. Chris Long (the son of Howie Long) was the 2nd over all pick in the 2008 draft for the Rams. They acquired Jake Long in FA this off season who was the first over all pick in 2008 by the Miami Dolphins. Chris Long has played in every single game of the Rams since they drafted him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11236/chris-long

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Jake Long who is an OT. Chris Long (the son of Howie Long) was the 2nd over all pick in the 2008 draft for the Rams. They acquired Jake Long in FA this off season who was the first over all pick in 2008 by the Miami Dolphins. Chris Long has played in every single game of the Rams since they drafted him.

Chris Long Stats - St. Louis Rams - ESPN

Is Long a DE?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll get the Falcons to bite on a trade and drop down 4 spots while getting another bounty of picks.

I'd like to see the 49ers go the opposite route; package some of their picks and move up.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
K.J. Wright - LB - Seahawks

Seahawks SLB K.J. Wright (foot surgery) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.

Wright returned to practice on Wednesday and coach Pete Carroll said there's a "chance" he'll be available for the NFC Championship Game. He would represent an upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Seahawks, who have been starting Malcolm Smith in his absence. Wright hasn't played since December 8 and will almost certainly be on a snap count if active against the 49ers.
Source: John Boyle on Twitter

Jan 16 - 7:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahmad Brooks - LB - 49ers

49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks (illness) returned to practice Thursday.

Brooks didn't practice Wednesday due to an illness, but was cleared to participate in Thursday's walk-through. He's in no danger of missing Sunday's NFC Championship Game at Seattle.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Jan 16 - 5:03 P

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Tukuafu - RB - 49ers

49ers FB Will Tukuafu (knee) remained limited in Thursday's practice.

Tukuafu suffered a knee injury in the 49ers' Divisional Round win, but has yet to miss any practice time. Barring a setback, he should be healthy enough to serve as Frank Gore's lead blocker for Sunday's NFC Championship Game.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Jan 16 - 7:33 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

49ers DC Vic Fangio wouldn't commit to starting LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

"We're hoping that he can get 100 percent healthy," Fangio said. "We'll see exactly what his role will be at that point." Rogers made it through his second straight practice on Thursday, but could see limited snaps against Seattle even if fully recovered from his hamstring strain. His status will be updated when the 49ers release their injury report on Friday.

Jan 16 - 8:04 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

49ers LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

He was officially limited. It's Rogers' first practice of any kind since going down in Week 17. Rogers has already said he plans to suit up for Sunday's NFC Championship Game, but it's unclear if he'd be returning to his usual, every-down role. The 49ers' secondary hasn't missed a beat in Rogers' absence, with Perrish Cox holding his own in the slot. Rogers will have to be truly healthy to have a big role vs. Seattle.
Source: Can Inman on Twitter

Jan 15 - 5:21 PM

49ers DC Vic Fangio wouldn't commit to starting LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

"We're hoping that he can get 100 percent healthy," Fangio said. "We'll see exactly what his role will be at that point." Rogers made it through his second straight practice on Thursday, but could see limited snaps against Seattle even if fully recovered from his hamstring strain. His status will be updated when the 49ers release their injury report on Friday.

Jan 16 - 8:04 PM

Rogers expects to play nickel position | CSN Bay Area

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most relevant article/blog (whatever you want to call it) I have read for the past 48 hours. The reason why I say this is because that's the only one that will dictate whether or not we win this game:

Stopping Seattle Starts with Marshawn Lynch | Chat49ers.com

I think they can stop Lynch. I'm just worried about Kaepernick. I think he will be the difference in the game. If he can keep it together, they have a shot. If he continues to turn it over like the other games he's played up there it will be a tough day.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm F'n pumped up! Lets go Niners! All of the pressure is on Seattle. All the stars are aligned for them. We have to go in there and get up early. Plant the seed of doubt and watch them crack under the pressure!!! Ahhh fuk i need to go lift or something to calm down!!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is the most relevant article/blog (whatever you want to call it) I have read for the past 48 hours. The reason why I say this is because that's the only one that will dictate whether or not we win this game:

Stopping Seattle Starts with Marshawn Lynch | Chat49ers.com

I don't know if you can stop Lynch but we've actually done a good job of limiting his impact this season.

We've kept him to a 3.5ish YDS/A in both games this season and his longest run in the last game was only 11 yards so to me that's stopping him enough to be able to win the game.

The bigger key will be getting our own run game going and I think we should attack them with a 3 headed monster of Gore, Hunter, and Kap. This might be a good game to bring in LMJ and hit them with read option as well.

I just think when you play a team for the 3rd time and you know each other so well you have to throw them some curves to keep them off balance and make them unsure.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last day of work. Then it's just the waiting game till Sunday. Gotta keep myself busy to Make it go faster! Lol

Is it Sunday yet?