• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (NFC Championship Game 2014) 49ERS @ SEATTLE

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Tukuafu - RB - 49ers

49ers FB Will Tukuafu (knee) participated in Wednesday's practice, getting in a limited session.

It's an extremely good sign after Tukuafu went down in a heap in Sunday's win over the Panthers. Barring a setback, he's now on track to clear the way for Frank Gore against the Seahawks. If Tukuafu can't go, San Francisco will be forced to rely on some combination of Anthony Dixon and TE Vance McDonald.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Jan 15 - 7:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

49ers LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

He was officially limited. It's Rogers' first practice of any kind since going down in Week 17. Rogers has already said he plans to suit up for Sunday's NFC Championship Game, but it's unclear if he'd be returning to his usual, every-down role. The 49ers' secondary hasn't missed a beat in Rogers' absence, with Perrish Cox holding his own in the slot. Rogers will have to be truly healthy to have a big role vs. Seattle.
Source: Can Inman on Twitter

Jan 15 - 5:21 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

49ers LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

He was officially limited. It's Rogers' first practice of any kind since going down in Week 17. Rogers has already said he plans to suit up for Sunday's NFC Championship Game, but it's unclear if he'd be returning to his usual, every-down role. The 49ers' secondary hasn't missed a beat in Rogers' absence, with Perrish Cox holding his own in the slot. Rogers will have to be truly healthy to have a big role vs. Seattle.
Source: Can Inman on Twitter

Jan 15 - 5:21 PM

:hammer:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
K.J. Wright - LB - Seahawks

Seahawks SLB K.J. Wright (foot surgery) returned to practice on Wednesday.

Coach Pete Carroll said Monday that there's a "chance" Wright returns for the NFC Championship Game, but what he's able to do Wednesday and Thursday will be all important. Wright hasn't played since December 8. Wright was a near every-down player before going down, but he'd almost certainly be on a snap count against the 49ers.
Source: John Boyle on Twitter

Jan 15 - 3:43 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Fucking go. I am ready to go. Cant wait for 6:30 pm. Bring on the seachickens.

Its going to be War.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also stunned and deeply disappointed to see Anquan Boldin at the conference with his ears tucked into his flat-brimmed hat.

You get too serious about press conferences. And hats....

I hate people who criticize people about how they wear there hats. Who gives a fuck.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A must win on Sunday as the window for 49er dominance is quickly closing with the rise of the Seahawks, Cardinals and the Rams. Its going to be the toughest division in football.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers need to get an early lead and force Wilson to make accurate throws on 3rd and long. Kaep needs to get the offense into a rhythm early despite the crowd noise and ferocious defense. He needs to also convert 3rd downs consistently like he did against Carolina last week. I think Boldin can win his matchup more often than not against Maxwell (like he did in SF last time against the Hawks). Take a shot down the seam to VD on 1st down if the safeties are creeping up to stop the run. The run game has to be effective in order to sustain drives and wear down the Seahawk defense.

Currently looking like partly cloudy weather, not much wind, temp between 40-50 degrees, and a 20% chance of rain on Sunday for kickoff......

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A must win on Sunday as the window for 49er dominance is quickly closing with the rise of the Seahawks, Cardinals and the Rams. Its going to be the toughest division in football.

I was thinking about the Hawks recently, and which team (Niners or Hawks) was going to be hurting more for talent in the upcoming years. Both teams have some tough upcoming decisions. Hawks have to think about extending Thomas, Sherman, Wilson (they have another year before they can), Tate. They're already paying big money to Harvin. It's going to come down to the draft, which is very interesting IMO.

The Hawks have been great at finding value late, adding Chancellor, Baldwin, Sherman, and Wilson in the third round or later. But they haven't been all that good with their early picks. Thomas has been great. Okung has been solid, but not extraordinary, particularly given the injuries. Carpenter and Moffitt were outright misses. I think Bruce Irvin is being misused in his current role, and hasn't become the dominant player some thought he might after his first season.

The Niners certainly haven't been flawless - see the entire 2012 draft. But Baalke has generally done a nice job of maximizing his picks. And the Niners have a potentially huge influx of untapped talent in several players in the 2013 draft (particularly Lattimore and Carradine), and a slew of picks in 2014.

Both teams will have to watch some talented players walk in order to keep others, especially once they've re-signed the QBs, so hitting on draft picks to re-stock the cupboard is going to be paramount.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I was thinking about the Hawks recently, and which team (Niners or Hawks) was going to be hurting more for talent in the upcoming years. Both teams have some tough upcoming decisions. Hawks have to think about extending Thomas, Sherman, Wilson (they have another year before they can), Tate. They're already paying big money to Harvin. It's going to come down to the draft, which is very interesting IMO.

The Hawks have been great at finding value late, adding Chancellor, Baldwin, Sherman, and Wilson in the third round or later. But they haven't been all that good with their early picks. Thomas has been great. Okung has been solid, but not extraordinary, particularly given the injuries. Carpenter and Moffitt were outright misses. I think Bruce Irvin is being misused in his current role, and hasn't become the dominant player some thought he might after his first season.

The Niners certainly haven't been flawless - see the entire 2012 draft. But Baalke has generally done a nice job of maximizing his picks. And the Niners have a potentially huge influx of untapped talent in several players in the 2013 draft (particularly Lattimore and Carradine), and a slew of picks in 2014.

Both teams will have to watch some talented players walk in order to keep others, especially once they've re-signed the QBs, so hitting on draft picks to re-stock the cupboard is going to be paramount.

Don't count out the Rams and Cards either. Both well-coached and talent-laden on defense. If the Rams get Clowney, look out for that defensive front.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't count out the Rams and Cards either. Both well-coached and talent-laden on defense. If the Rams get Clowney, look out for that defensive front.

Oh, I'm not. I just don't see them as being quite on the same level right now. That said, the Rams are adding talent at an alarming rate thanks to that Griffin III trade.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Which makes it a good thing they are committed to Sam Bradford at QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to win this game but the truth 49ers window is about 3-5 years. They have most of their top players locked up. Teams lose players all the time so yes we will lose some but we will replace them. Our window is open and it will stay open for awhile as long as Harbaugh is here.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They already have Robert Quinn and Chris Long. Why would they add Clowney as well? They have other needs. I have a feeling they might take Sammy Watkins.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get too serious about press conferences. And hats....

I hate people who criticize people about how they wear there hats. Who gives a fuck.

Trust me, you aren't alone. I am a hater too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have Robert Quinn and Chris Long. Why would they add Clowney as well? They have other needs. I have a feeling they might take Sammy Watkins.

I thought Long was a Tackle and I was thinking with Clowney on one side and Quinn on the other, the opposing QB would be in trouble.