• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread Lions vs. Bears

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love if @gandydancer can explain to me what part of the lions NOT needing to cut Calvin Johnson if they don't want to is wrong. There are much easier replaced guys to cut and save money... and if they waited until next year they take less of a hit... Would love to hear how I am so wrong on this... and why the Lions need to cut him from such intelligent Lions fans.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and smitty seem to have problems with people that disagree with you.. I like that. Its entertaining.

RobBase and me disagree quite regularly. I got a Christmas card from him. His twins are beautiful kids!!

You stay for awhile and have the same approach you use on the baseball boards....Smitty and myself will seem mild..

I wished you could of debated your twin TPaul before he left. That would be a popcorn fest.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RobBase and me disagree quite regularly. I got a Christmas card from him. His twins are beautiful kids!!

You stay for awhile and have the same approach you use on the baseball boards....Smitty and myself will seem mild..

I wished you could of debated your twin TPaul before he left. That would be a popcorn fest.
I have known robbase for years since CBS... I am fine with him. We get along splendidly... I have no problem with the two of you either... we are fans of the same teams. I have better things to do than to than take this site seriously.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually enjoy the debates with you two.. Its not easy to find educated sports fans to talk to that you can learn something from. I am not always right.. but I do know this... I know my shit for the most part and finding others that can actually hold their own when discussing something is nice. Howie and lionshetsucks have known me for probably 10 years... We don't always agree.. but I can say I enjoy both of them when they join in here.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love if @gandydancer can explain to me what part of the lions NOT needing to cut Calvin Johnson if they don't want to is wrong. There are much easier replaced guys to cut and save money... and if they waited until next year they take less of a hit... Would love to hear how I am so wrong on this... and why the Lions need to cut him from such intelligent Lions fans.

Where are you getting this? I've never said which is right or wrong. Simply been stating my thoughts about six months on it. You still have twelve million in dead money. It's no smaller a hit next year accept on paper. Restructure, redoing, or however you want to call a new contract. Prorated money from his bonus in 2012 will still come out. I have always hated kicking the can. My first two choices have been eat the.$24 million hit this year or cut him. I don't want to redo a contract with more money being pushed back. It's bad practice and why Suh is no longer here.

I also said the same version as you a long time ago, that he may not get cut in 2016, but most likely in 2107 when it's less money. When the Lions have more leverage. Not because the hit is smaller.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take this board very cereal.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what draft pick did we win? 15th?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gawd, would someone, anyone, please pull out the wood chipper and throw me in it. I would feel so much better being a covering for other plant life.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just "dust in the wind"

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't, with good conscience, give a Kansas reference.

Mulch, sure, lame out of the armoir Elton, sure. But not Kansas.

(I don't know how to tie frog eyes in or I would.)

I can Smitty There is no place like home There is no place like home There is no place like home