• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Colts vs Patriots (Thursday Night Football)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the D is as bad as people are presenting

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching the game for the second time.........................

Luck was throwing primarily to his TEs. McCourty is just too small (5'10") to go up against guys that are 7"-9" taller and 75 lbs heavier. He's a safety not a linebacker and he got roasted and toasted trying to do anything at all with Ebron or Whoops.

D line was getting a great push in the first quarter and folded the pocket really well in the second. Flores patted them on the head at the half and theypretty much dogged it the rest of the night.

Luck has thrown almost 125 passes in the past two games. He's not going to miss 75% of them, he's going to make at least 60%.

The Patriots need to do some creative blitzing like they did with Chung on the sack in the first quarter. Blitz a corner back every once in a while. Send 7 after the QB. Don't have to do it constantly but give the QB something to look for and be afraid of when he's in an obvious passing down. Who know, maybe he'll call the wrong protection.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sadly I think you are right. This defense will never been good. Sure they will make some plays but probably will get burnt more times than not. It does appear Gilmore has lost some a step and bites on more routes then he used to. Very easy for me to arm chair about, I know but it's not pretty.

They had a pass rush the 1st quarter than it fell apart, don't know why. Also, if they can't get off the field on 3rd and 4th downs it could be a very long season.

Let's not forget if the Colts don't drop all those passes they might have won. Vinateri missing the field goal was huge imo

Pats dropped very easily catchable balls as well. especially the two picks. You could play the what if game all day. I try to avoid that. Having said that the Vinateri miss did seem to set the tone.

We have 10 days to improve. In that time I say let's go Sox. Good start to game 1.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats dropped very easily catchable balls as well. especially the two picks. You could play the what if game all day. I try to avoid that. Having said that the Vinateri miss did seem to set the tone.

We have 10 days to improve. In that time I say let's go Sox. Good start to game 1.

Oh I know.... But people are saying the Pats are back and everything but in reality they easily could have lost...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know.... But people are saying the Pats are back and everything but in reality they easily could have lost...

Meh, I don't think it was really that close. NE still won by two scores. Would've been three if not for the garbage time TD.

Luck is a good QB. NE had no answer on covering the TEs. Otherwise Colts were pretty much nonexistent. I also don't buy into the injury excuses. Year after year NE has had multiple key players out yet they still find a way to win and stay competitive. I believe they have 11 on IR right now. Sure some are rooks but losing your starting LT is huge. It all comes back to depth, balance and coaching. No Burkhead nor Hill and the running game is doing great. I just hope Sony can handle the load.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't think it was really that close. NE still won by two scores. Would've been three if not for the garbage time TD.

Luck is a good QB. NE had no answer on covering the TEs. Otherwise Colts were pretty much nonexistent. I also don't buy into the injury excuses. Year after year NE has had multiple key players out yet they still find a way to win and stay competitive. I believe they have 11 on IR right now. Sure some are rooks but losing your starting LT is huge. It all comes back to depth, balance and coaching. No Burkhead nor Hill and the running game is doing great. I just hope Sony can handle the load.

The Colts had just as many inuries and played well enough to win just couldn't catch the ball. Sony did actually lower his head and initiate the contact of most of his runs so that's a good sign

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts had just as many inuries and played well enough to win just couldn't catch the ball. Sony did actually lower his head and initiate the contact of most of his runs so that's a good sign

I understand the Colts had a bunch of injuries. My point was and still is it shouldn't be used as an excuse. Do you recall NE had to have Troy Brown play DB in the SB because they were decimated. Sorry I just don't buy into the injury excuse.

Sony was dropping his head. That one specific play it appeared he led with the helmet but made contact with the shoulder pad not the defensive players head. I wonder how the officials can call that? Lead with your head but don't make contact with an opposing players head. Could that still draw a flag?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Colts had a bunch of injuries. My point was and still is it shouldn't be used as an excuse. Do you recall NE had to have Troy Brown play DB in the SB because they were decimated. Sorry I just don't buy into the injury excuse.

Sony was dropping his head. That one specific play it appeared he led with the helmet but made contact with the shoulder pad not the defensive players head. I wonder how the officials can call that? Lead with your head but don't make contact with an opposing players head. Could that still draw a flag?

I wasn't making the injury excuse.. I was saying the Colts dropped too many balls...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't making the injury excuse.. I was saying the Colts dropped too many balls...

It wasn't directed at you. More at the one knucklehead Colt poster or anyone else that wanted to use it.

I don't have the #s but NE also had a fair # of drops.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't directed at you. More at the one knucklehead Colt poster or anyone else that wanted to use it.

I don't have the #s but NE also had a fair # of drops.

ok, just making sure.. sorry to imply you were...

I think the Pats had 4 or 5

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Brown had the LT spot from minicamp on. Wynn had been working at LG and was playing RT on the play he got hurt on, so chances are he’d’ve been the swing tackle this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Brown had the LT spot from minicamp on. Wynn had been working at LG and was playing RT on the play he got hurt on, so chances are he’d’ve been the swing tackle this year.

BB was trying to see if Wynn could play the right side which he had never done. Potentially could've been a better choice then Cannon and easily a better choice the Waddle. Wynn had always played the LT or LG position. Brown on the other hand had been a RT. I think it was going to come down to seeing if Wynn could play the R side? If not, would BB feel confident in a rookie protecting TBs blind side? If so the two would've switched sides of the line. An easy swap since it would've been to their natural positions.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any word on Bentley. All I've heard is he's on IR with and undisclosed injury?

From Reiss this morning:

“4. Some more context on the recovery for promising Patriots rookie linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley, who was placed on injured reserve Sept. 26: I’m told his injury, which occurred late in the team’s loss to the Lions on Sept. 23, is a torn biceps. He already has undergone surgery and has been around the team since, staying involved as he also focuses on his recovery and rehabilitation“