• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4: Umps don't F-up the game; Sox finally don't throw to 3rd base

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have to give credit to the Cardinals starters. I thought we woudl run right through Kelly and Lynn, but they held their ground.
You also thought the Dodgers were going to beat them pretty easily, IIRC, so its good that they're getting a little bit of credit.

Kelly had one of the better ERAs in the NL in the 2nd half of the season and Lynn...well, Im not a fan of him but he pitches well the first 2 times through a lineup and then usually gives up a big inning and gets pulled. The pitching should be the Cardinals advantage in the series. The Red Sox are notably deeper in talent with position players and that is showing up at the end of these games.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds of Prey is Wilbur Smith's best book IMO

Cardinals fans are investing their time in how to pay attention while at first base. So they do not have time to post on here right now. (bad but still better then saying they are paying their mortage)

The Titans would be the worst franchise in the NFL, but for the fact that the Jaguars exist.

The Red Sox still suck.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt the Titans lose?

"titans epic 2000 loss >>> brady's 2012 super bowl loss. you really need a QB" ~ hammer

Justin-hammer_sam-rockwell_iron-man-2.JPG

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clayton, is that av a character from this video? my friend showed it to me, freakin hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clayton, is that av a character from this video? my friend showed it to me, freakin hilarious.

Growing up they used to put a show on the radio that played weird songs and that one was played all the time.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also thought the Dodgers were going to beat them pretty easily, IIRC, so its good that they're getting a little bit of credit.

Kelly had one of the better ERAs in the NL in the 2nd half of the season and Lynn...well, Im not a fan of him but he pitches well the first 2 times through a lineup and then usually gives up a big inning and gets pulled. The pitching should be the Cardinals advantage in the series. The Red Sox are notably deeper in talent with position players and that is showing up at the end of these games.

Kelly had a great 2nd half, but I don't think that success is repeatable at all. 1.91 ERA, but he had only 41 strikeouts in 75.1 IP. He also had 29 walks. So he had a low strikeout rate and his walk rate was kinda high. He does get some ground balls (51.1 GB% in 2013, 51.7% in 2012), but not that many (he was 29th among pitchers with 100+ IP in GB%).

edit: now that I posted this, he'll throw 7 or 8 shutout innings against the Sox.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I picked Phoenix Wright because he is pretty ridiculous. I was meaning to get a picture up of a hot girl in a Cards uniform but Im getting lazy in my picture searches.

I wonder how much those game 6 World Series tickets in Boston are going to be going for in the open market. Its weird seeing Red Sox fans at STL games but it might be cheaper for diehard fans to get a plane and see them in STL

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see I'm not the only one around here willing to consider an unorthodox idea, redseat.

Don't believe I would actually at Pedroia cleanup, but maybe Pedroia 3d and Gomes cleanup.

How's that idea?[/QUOT

Gomes is 1/10 in the series Its great he hit a homer but lets not overthink this line up :suds:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look at the individual batting averages for the starting players

other than ortiz, is anyone above .300 on either team?

crazy

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I picked Phoenix Wright because he is pretty ridiculous. I was meaning to get a picture up of a hot girl in a Cards uniform but Im getting lazy in my picture searches.

confirmed, no hot girls in STL :laugh3:

I wonder how much those game 6 World Series tickets in Boston are going to be going for in the open market. Its weird seeing Red Sox fans at STL games but it might be cheaper for diehard fans to get a plane and see them in STL

too much. most are rich people. some die hards may get their hands on $170 bleacher seats. in center field. :L

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edit: now that I posted this, he'll throw 7 or 8 shutout innings against the Sox.
Thats how it works. I was joking before game 3 that the game will be 1 to 0 because everyone is expecting a shootout and Peavy/Kelly held up.

The Red Sox should theoretically be decent against Kelly because they have a lot of low ball hitters.

The big thing that has been working against the Cardinals all postseason is that they've been leaving runners on base. It should be reasonable to expect that their RISP hitting was unsustainable but the fact that it sustained throughout the whole regular season is just bizarre

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

crazy

miggy was over .300, how did that pan out?

beards >>> tweetie birds

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see I'm not the only one around here willing to consider an unorthodox idea, redseat.

Don't believe I would actually at Pedroia cleanup, but maybe Pedroia 3d and Gomes cleanup.

How's that idea?

Where does that leave Ortiz? 2nd? 5th?

You try to plan your lineup with table-setters up top, and to get have protection for your better hitters, but you also want those better hitters to potentially get more at bats. Dropping Ortiz to 5th could cost him an AB in some games. You don't want that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

crazy
We are in an era of good/great pitching. Its fun to watch

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

crazy

Craig, Carpenter, Pedroia, and Molina. Holliday batted .300.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
confirmed, no hot girls in STL :laugh3:

too much. most are rich people. some die hards may get their hands on $170 bleacher seats. in center field. :L

game 2 SRO tickets were 300 bucks

fuck that noise

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest, I don't remember if I said that. What I know I did say was that with Waimwright going in Game 3 and Greinke and Kershaw in games 1 and 2, I thought the Dodgers would have a 2-0 lead before the Cards best pitcher pitched.

Since I am not a fan of the Dodger lineup, I can't see myself saying they would win easily. I just thought their pitching was better and they would win.