• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive takeaways from 2013:

1) Adrian Beltre continues to be a monster. Love him, bad September and all.

2) The arm of Leonys Martin. Phenomenal.

3) The improvement of both Martin and Gentry. Speed kills.

4) The offensive resurgence of Elvis Andrus in the second half (with bits of power even!)

5) Tanner Scheppers developing into a legit set-up man/future closer.

6) The reaffirmation that Geovany Soto is a very good backup catcher.

7) Martin Perez proving the hype was right all along. Very bright future.

8) Neal F'ing Cotts. Beast.

Lots to look forward to in 2014 too:

1) No AJP

2) No Lance Berkman

3) A full season of Rios in RF

4) No more David Murphy the player (though I'll miss David Murphy the person)

5) A much healthier and more definite rotation

6) A new manager?????? (wishful thinking)

7) Most likely a few new acquisitions to bolster the offense[/QUOTE Nice observation Will.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost amazing how much you can learn if you just open your ears, read some of the more intelligent posts around here, and think about them.
ABSOLUTELY

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you do realize that it is just a game and a form of entertainment. i do sleep better when my team wins but i lose no sleep over their losses. the players that yall constantly bash are the best in the world. most have spent all or most of their life's playing the game that they love. soi am going to guess that the managers ,players and owners no more about baseball then you do.

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just a guess so yall go facebook each other or what ever yall do kinda seems a little perverted but each to their own.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that it is just a game and a form of entertainment. i do sleep better when my team wins but i lose no sleep over their losses. the players that yall constantly bash are the best in the world. most have spent all or most of their life's playing the game that they love. soi am going to guess that the managers ,players and owners no more about baseball then you do.

STFU

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a guess so yall go facebook each other or what ever yall do kinda seems a little perverted but each to their own.

Feel free to find the exit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Know*.

Back to grammar school sport.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been on the board very long so let me tell you a couple of things. Lot of these guys are ex players themselves. One or two have coached in the bigs and some have been scouts so I know there is room for you to expand your horizons so why don't you knock the chip off your shoulder and join in and learn something. If you elect to you are welcome.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been on the board very long so let me tell you a couple of things. Lot of these guys are ex players themselves. One or two have coached in the bigs and some have been scouts so I know there is room for you to expand your horizons so why don't you knock the chip off your shoulder and join in and learn something. If you elect to you are welcome.
Who have coached in the bigs?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Positive takeaways from 2013:

1) Adrian Beltre continues to be a monster. Love him, bad September and all.

2) The arm of Leonys Martin. Phenomenal.

3) The improvement of both Martin and Gentry. Speed kills.

4) The offensive resurgence of Elvis Andrus in the second half (with bits of power even!)

5) Tanner Scheppers developing into a legit set-up man/future closer.

6) The reaffirmation that Geovany Soto is a very good backup catcher.

7) Martin Perez proving the hype was right all along. Very bright future.

8) Neal F'ing Cotts. Beast.

Lots to look forward to in 2014 too:

1) No AJP

2) No Lance Berkman

3) A full season of Rios in RF

4) No more David Murphy the player (though I'll miss David Murphy the person)

5) A much healthier and more definite rotation

6) A new manager?????? (wishful thinking)

7) Most likely a few new acquisitions to bolster the offense

Will ... you had to have written this list up earlier ... pretty comprehensive ... nothing jumps out at me as something you obviously missed.

Do think Tepesch and Grimm got things going early first two months. That was nice. TEX with the injuries in the rotation would never have been playing tonight if not for the rookies stepping it up early.

You missed Profar ... and his walkoff the other night too.

Have been a Gentry fan since he was playing for Frisco ... wish he'd had the entire season as a starter. He may be a #4 ... but so is Murphy ... and Gentry was the better of the two. Gentry remains the best CF on the TEX roster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who have coached in the bigs?
They like others want it kept private. Some people keep there locations private. Why? Don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa being douche bags here with this celebration they just earned the right to visit another team for a play in game they didn't win the World Series pretty overkill with the hats and shirts etc.

I just saw that and agree that it's bullshit.

Sorry, fellas. I think we all know your disappointment all to well. More than once I've questioned why I take my teams so seriously and at this point I've just come to accept that "that's just the way it is" and it's not going to stop.

Six months is a long, long time isn't it? :bawling:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th inning bunt was Elvis' idea.