• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that and agree that it's bullshit.

Sorry, fellas. I think we all know your disappointment all to well. More than once I've questioned why I take my teams so seriously and at this point I've just come to accept that "that's just the way it is" and it's not going to stop.

Six months is a long, long time isn't it? :bawling:

Tough to watch it come down to just one night.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just saw that and agree that it's bullshit.

Sorry, fellas. I think we all know your disappointment all to well. More than once I've questioned why I take my teams so seriously and at this point I've just come to accept that "that's just the way it is" and it's not going to stop.

Six months is a long, long time isn't it? :bawling:

Hammer ... Only 4 1/2 months until pitchers and catchers report ... am already looking forward to it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Schilling just said Wash got out-managed the last 2 postseasons and tonight too and it should be time for a change. Does he watch regular season games, cause he gets out-managed in those too

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer ... Only 4 1/2 months until pitchers and catchers report ... am already looking forward to it.

I intended to mention that in my post and forgot. Inevitably every season, after the last game I wonder how I'll cope without baseball. Then NFL, NBA and college basketball (my second love) come along and I am able to cope with the baseball addiction better. But then before I know it, it's time for pitchers and catchers to report and that same glorious feeling is back. We all know it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to watch it come down to just one night.

If I could list all the losses in my life that caused me grief. The three that come to mind are the '86 Lakers losing at The Summit on that Ralph Sampson lucky shot (was young and cried like a baby all night), the Titans losing at home to Baltimore in '08 in the first round after we started 13-0), the Padres getting swept by the Giants to miss the playoffs. Took me many days to get over those.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I intended to mention that in my post and forgot. Inevitably every season, after the last game I wonder how I'll cope without baseball. Then NFL, NBA and college basketball (my second love) come along and I am able to cope with the baseball addiction better. But then before I know it, it's time for pitchers and catchers to report and that same glorious feeling is back. We all know it.

I'll watch some other sports ... but I don't 'follow' another team ... or am I caught up in any other sport. Just baseball.

Through business couple of years ago was introduced to the GM of the Caracas winter league team. Have had invites from him every year to spend a week down there watching baseball. Might have to do that next.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will ... you had to have written this list up earlier ... pretty comprehensive ... nothing jumps out at me as something you obviously missed.

Do think Tepesch and Grimm got things going early first two months. That was nice. TEX with the injuries in the rotation would never have been playing tonight if not for the rookies stepping it up early.

You missed Profar ... and his walkoff the other night too.

Have been a Gentry fan since he was playing for Frisco ... wish he'd had the entire season as a starter. He may be a #4 ... but so is Murphy ... and Gentry was the better of the two. Gentry remains the best CF on the TEX roster.

Didn't have it written earlier, just thought a lot about the season as I watched tonight's game unfold. I think the very awful month of September left sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths regarding the overall season. But once you take away that awful month and the obvious disappointment of mising the postseason again, there were a lot of takeaways from the season which to me show we still have a lot of reason to be hopeful for next year.

I didn't list Profar on purpose just because he didn't really break out or stand out this season. In all fairness to him though, he didn't get the consistent opportunity or the chance to play one position night after night. He had some bright moments for sure, but he also showed that he's still very much a work-in-progress. I am still very optimistic about his future though and I have a distinct feeling he might rank #1 on such a list as this one at the end of next season.

Tepesch is a very interesting case. For the first two months, he was an absolute revelation. Then he seemed to fade a bit and eventually got injured. Where do you think his future lies with this team? 5th starter? Long man out of the pen? His upside is nowhere near that of Yu, Holland, or Perez obviously. But he seems talented enough to merit a spot/role somewhere in the future.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes right along with the one in the last Angel series. 1 on 2nd 0 outs and we bunted. Will never figure that one out.

Classic Bruce Bochy small ball.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes right along with the one in the last Angel series. 1 on 2nd 0 outs and we bunted. Will never figure that one out.

That one makes more sense than the one tonight. In that situation you're bunting the guy to 3rd with 1 out so a fly ball scores a run. Elvis was the tying run tonight, and had no business bunting with 1 out. The way we hit all year w/ RISP, we should not be giving away outs.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't have it written earlier, just thought a lot about the season as I watched tonight's game unfold. I think the very awful month of September left sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths regarding the overall season. But once you take away that awful month and the obvious disappointment of mising the postseason again, there were a lot of takeaways from the season which to me show we still have a lot of reason to be hopeful for next year.

I didn't list Profar on purpose just because he didn't really break out or stand out this season. In all fairness to him though, he didn't get the consistent opportunity or the chance to play one position night after night. He had some bright moments for sure, but he also showed that he's still very much a work-in-progress. I am still very optimistic about his future though and I have a distinct feeling he might rank #1 on such a list as this one at the end of next season.

Tepesch is a very interesting case. For the first two months, he was an absolute revelation. Then he seemed to fade a bit and eventually got injured. Where do you think his future lies with this team? 5th starter? Long man out of the pen? His upside is nowhere near that of Yu, Holland, or Perez obviously. But he seems talented enough to merit a spot/role somewhere in the future.

He can be a #5 ... sure would rather him in that spot than doing a deal to sign Garza for the money he would want just to be a #5 behind Yu, Harrison, Holland, Perez

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winding my Watch...How do you expect Profar to be #1 on the list next year? Unless we trade Ian, Profar will be moved.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:
That one makes more sense than the one tonight. In that situation you're bunting the guy to 3rd with 1 out so a fly ball scores a run. Elvis was the tying run tonight, and had no business bunting with 1 out. The way we hit all year w/ RISP, we should not be giving away outs.
Both made no sense. Sure a sac bunt moved the runner but we were up 4 runs and a base hit or sac fly does the same thing and may have saved the out. Bad baseball in both cases. Classic Wash! :noidea:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winding my Watch...How do you expect Profar to be #1 on the list next year? Unless we trade Ian, Profar will be moved.

Did I say he would be #1 on whatever list you are talking about? I said he might get mentioned as a positive ... and Will explained why he left them off ... made sense to me.

Doubtful TEX trades Kinsler. If Profar gets a top tier COF or established #2 SP ... then I'd listen.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I disagree with you, because I think a move of some sort has to be made, but move Profar for what player?

If Miami says Stanton is off limits, if St. Louis isn't willing to deal Taveras, Colorado holds on to CarGo, etc., what do you do with Profar then?

I agree in principle with your thought, but I also don't want the Rangers to deal Profar/Kinsler/Andrus for a "best available" player who doesn't bring back equal value just for the sake of not having a middle infield logjam anymore.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say he would be #1 on whatever list you are talking about? I said he might get mentioned as a positive ... and Will explained why he left them off ... made sense to me.

Doubtful TEX trades Kinsler. If Profar gets a top tier COF or established #2 SP ... then I'd listen.

Sorry man. It was WilltheThrill that said it.