• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 Patriots vs, New York Jets 11-25-2018

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners own NFL teams to make money. Why in the world would they actively seek to decrease their chances of making money? If you think the league doesn't want a marquee team that draws huge ratings playing in their marquee game, you're crazy.

If the Patriots don't make a third straight SB, it will be because the Patriots aren't good enough to make a 3rd straight SB, not because of some grand league-wide anti-Patriots foilhat conspiracy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners own NFL teams to make money. Why in the world would they actively seek to decrease their chances of making money? If you think the league doesn't want a marquee team that draws huge ratings playing in their marquee game, you're crazy.

If the Patriots don't make a third straight SB, it will be because the Patriots aren't good enough to make a 3rd straight SB, not because of some grand league-wide anti-Patriots foilhat conspiracy.

Exactly. And right now this team is very questionable.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not to excuse the piss poor job of officiating yesterday, but everyone knew going into this game there'd be a ton of penalties called, and that this referee in particular is in over his head, only has his job through nepotism, and clearly loves being shown on the screen at least as much as his old man did.

So to attribute one crew's utter weekly incompetence on a collusive effort to keep the Pats out of the SB is a pretty long stretch at best.

If Shawn Hochuli is the ref at a game in Foxboro in January, then we can talk about conspiracy theories.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately so is every other team in the AFC.
I don't disagree, I was hoping the defense had figured itself out by now but I am really leery of that group.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have at the Phins and at Pittsburgh, while I feel we can handle the Phins that game in Steeler nation could pose a real issue. I know the Pats have handled the Steelers of late but that game means a lot to both teams and could determine a bye week

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, I was hoping the defense had figured itself out by now but I am really leery of that group.
What defense aren't you leery of, though? Baltimore probably has the best D in the conference, but in this day and age even they're a shadow of what we traditionally think of as the strong Ravens D.

If the Pats D can get just a little bit better at getting off the field on third downs, they'll be OK. And OK is good enough in today's NFL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What defense aren't you leery of, though? Baltimore probably has the best D in the conference, but in this day and age even they're a shadow of what we traditionally think of as the strong Ravens D.

If the Pats D can get just a little bit better at getting off the field on third downs, they'll be OK. And OK is good enough in today's NFL.

Well if any D could get off the field on 3rd down then all problems are solved. But they can't, it seems the secondary gets picked apart way to often, we still struggle against the run I will say it seems like there are games when we get pressure. But that secondary oyy that scares me.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the local network indicated I would get the game but I got the Jags game instead. I appeared Sony had a decent game but I co-worker stated it looked like he hurt his back, any word on that? Did Duke get any time at all?

I know it's not a great option as far as viewing but if you download the free NFL app onto your phone you can watch any game on your phone for free. Because I'm in Los Angeles the phone app has been a godsend.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not a great option as far as viewing but if you download the free NFL app onto your phone you can watch any game on your phone for free. Because I'm in Los Angeles the phone app has been a godsend.
Can you hook your phone into the TV and watch?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, no that sounds great actually, particularly when you find yourself in the wrong town.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is playing about as well as anyone could expect. JM is not having a great day wiyhhis play calling but the pats seem to be getting into a much better rythm in the second half.

Where is everyone today> Sharkey and me the only ones watching this game??

FYI...I never get on The Hoop during a game.
I don't type fast enough to not be distracted.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not to excuse the piss poor job of officiating yesterday, but everyone knew going into this game there'd be a ton of penalties called, and that this referee in particular is in over his head, only has his job through nepotism, and clearly loves being shown on the screen at least as much as his old man did.

So to attribute one crew's utter weekly incompetence on a collusive effort to keep the Pats out of the SB is a pretty long stretch at best.

If Shawn Hochuli is the ref at a game in Foxboro in January, then we can talk about conspiracy theories.

I tried to buy into that theory yesterday, but the calls were too one sided.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you hook your phone into the TV and watch?

If you have a droid phone you can buy a $25 ChromeCast device and using the chrome browser, cast whatever you're watching on your phone to whichever TV you plug it into.

If you have an Apple phone you can do the same by purchasing an AppleTV gizmo, but it's my understanding those are closer to $80.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating was bad yesterday, but it was bad for both teams.

NE settled in in the 2nd half and managed to grind out a win on the road against a bitter division rival.

I'll take it.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better game the Titans one.
This was a well fought game even with all the penalties. Could have been a major blowout.