• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #10 NE Patriots(4-5) vs Houston Texans(2-7) 11/22/2020 1:00 PM cbs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping that once Coach B realizes the season is lost, he willl give Stidham a shot to play. I watched a documentary on Stidham. The kid worked so hard to get to where he is. Before his last season at Auburn he was a projected 1st round pick. His season didn’t go great and he dropped. Still, many scouts/experts said he has the best throw of the players drafted that year. I wished I knew what was going on behind the scenes. Why he isn’t playing. Cam isn’t the answer. Long term. Short term. I don’t care if he has all the charisma in the world. He doesn’t have the mental talent to play QB for the Patriots. Physically, he’s a Greek God. Mentally, he’s Forrest Gump.
It's what I call the Catch-22 Coaching Syndrome.

Coach sets up his team. He's made the decision and he's going to stick with it. he will not substitute for any position unless he's forced to do so. Otherwise if he does substitute and the second guy performs better than the first, what does he do? Put the first guy back in and let him flounder or admit he missed something and keep the second guy playing. Stidham has never gotten a start. he's always come in when the team was behind. That forces him to try to prove that he belongs in the game and generally also means he will make a mistake. He does exactly what he doesn't want to do. That's why I've said multiple times to give him a start. Now he gets to play on an even basis. If he fails, then we all know. If he's successful, then maybe he has to start against a more difficult opponent to be sure it wasn't a fluke.

It doesn't appear that BB will give him a fair chance this year. I just pray that BB doesn't resign Cam.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what I call the Catch-22 Coaching Syndrome.

Coach sets up his team. He's made the decision and he's going to stick with it. he will not substitute for any position unless he's forced to do so. Otherwise if he does substitute and the second guy performs better than the first, what does he do? Put the first guy back in and let him flounder or admit he missed something and keep the second guy playing. Stidham has never gotten a start. he's always come in when the team was behind. That forces him to try to prove that he belongs in the game and generally also means he will make a mistake. He does exactly what he doesn't want to do. That's why I've said multiple times to give him a start. Now he gets to play on an even basis. If he fails, then we all know. If he's successful, then maybe he has to start against a more difficult opponent to be sure it wasn't a fluke.

It doesn't appear that BB will give him a fair chance this year. I just pray that BB doesn't resign Cam.
What you describe is someone who cares what others think. Sound like BB? Yes, he has an ego, but rarely has that exclusively been to his detriment.

His mantra on decisions: "What I feel is best for the team". The "I feel" leaves some room for judgement and misjudgment, but the "he won't admit stuff" IMHO is more about answering polarized questions, like separating the good from the bad and only asking about the bad.

"Hey BB, based on your record this year, you suck"... When will everyone accept this is a down year that's been 20 years in the making...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to this point of the season, BB was so impressed with Cam he thought he could turn him around and save the season.
It was still possible before this game.
Laugh or cry but if Cam had won the 4 games he lost at the end, we'd be 8-2 and one of the best in football.
Since it's not all about Cam, 6-4 to this point is/was reasonable.

I have seen a lot of bad game plans. Josh has sucked and Steve Belichick has sucked as LB's coach.
How many of you think we'd have less than a 4-6 record with Stidham getting 1st string practice and coaching?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we played in the NFC East we would currently be in 1st place. How sad is that division this year...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to this point of the season, BB was so impressed with Cam he thought he could turn him around and save the season.
It was still possible before this game.
Laugh or cry but if Cam had won the 4 games he lost at the end, we'd be 8-2 and one of the best in football.
Since it's not all about Cam, 6-4 to this point is/was reasonable.

I have seen a lot of bad game plans. Josh has sucked and Steve Belichick has sucked as LB's coach.
How many of you think we'd have less than a 4-6 record with Stidham getting 1st string practice and coaching?
Here's the thing... we just don't know. Cam doesn't seem like that high of a bar to jump over, but Stid hasn't. That's the only thing we know.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Stidham controversy is part suck and part, if true and he didn't compete in camp? I could see BB sitting him all year.

It's what BB does. You don't walk the line and compete everyday, you get to ride the pine.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB needs to treat this season as a proving ground for the many rookies who dot the roster since competing for a playoff spot has pretty much fallen off the table. There are many questions that need answered. Is Stidham truly a bust or does he have a realistic shot? Is there a decent TE on the roster? Is JJ Taylor really another Dion Lewis? Is Harry a move TE being used in the wrong position? Is there an NFL caliber NT on the current roster? These questions need to be answered before the 2021 draft and free agency.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB needs to treat this season as a proving ground for the many rookies who dot the roster since competing for a playoff spot has pretty much fallen off the table. There are many questions that need answered. Is Stidham truly a bust or does he have a realistic shot? Is there a decent TE on the roster? Is JJ Taylor really another Dion Lewis? Is Harry a move TE being used in the wrong position? Is there an NFL caliber NT on the current roster? These questions need to be answered before the 2021 draft and free agency.
This goes against his coaching direction. His direction is those who show it in practice play. He doesn't value game performance as much as practice performance. You and I may see game play as different than practice, he sets a tone that only dedicated, prepared, hard working players earn the PT.

You and I may see players who never had a chance. He sees players that had a chance and didn't make the most of it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Patriots.
LOL at you for thinking one down year in 20 is comical. Every (EVERY) other sports franchise (including intergalactic, if they exist somewhere) wishes (WISHES) they could be THAT.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome / welcome back.
Good questions.
We just drafted 2 TE's. I said from the beginning the TE's need time to develop. Give them time!