• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #10 NE Patriots(4-5) vs Houston Texans(2-7) 11/22/2020 1:00 PM cbs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive thoughts for Rex - hope it's not career threatening, looked nasty. If Skippy never calls a toss sweep, it'll be too soon. They were all over it, and he kept on calling it over and over and over again.
It hasn't worked all year until last week. Now they think because it work once, it's a staple. Defenses are fast and are built to pursue and cut the edge.The Patriots do not have that kind of speed in the OL to allow the RB to head outside and then cut in if the edge is compromised.

The other thing that pisses me off is that Harris was on the sidelines for the first two series in the second half, like he was being punished for something.

This team does not have the talent to play around or play discipline crap. They have to hand off the ball to harris as much as they can and punish the D-Line. The Texans were hands on hips at the end of the first half and the patriots come out throwing. WTF are the guys up in booth watching? If we can shit on TV, what are they getting paid $500K for and not suggesting stuff? Or is Bill just not listening?

Simple question....................Would you switch BB for Vrabel or Flores??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans have blitzed at least three times and the blitzer has not been picked up once.

Isiah Wynn has a bad ankle and he's gotten beat bad twice.

As good as OL was last week, they were equally bad today.

My grandson could throw a 65 yard pass as a high school sophomore. Cam threw as pass at the end with everything he has and couldn't getit 65 yards to the goal line. He got it 53 to Izzo to end the game. That's a piss poor pro arm.
Could your grandson throw it 77 yards? Izzo was on the twelve so they needed twelve more in the air to tie the game.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive thoughts for Rex - hope it's not career threatening, looked nasty. If Skippy never calls a toss sweep, it'll be too soon. They were all over it, and he kept on calling it over and over and over again.
There are a lot of hits that could be removed from the game for safety purposes. The hit was clean by the rules but is too dangerous...any time the hit goes to a plant leg the knee absorbs all the force. I know some will say "it's football" but clean hits from above the knees to the shoulders rarely cause injuries and the ones they cause are very rarely serious. True, it would give a bit of an advantage to the offense (based on current rules) but every team would benefit equally.

For those of you keeping track, that's two hits I'd like gone: the below knee hits with force (not shoe string "trips); and the braced shoulder hit.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't worked all year until last week. Now they think because it work once, it's a staple. Defenses are fast and are built to pursue and cut the edge.The Patriots do not have that kind of speed in the OL to allow the RB to head outside and then cut in if the edge is compromised.

The other thing that pisses me off is that Harris was on the sidelines for the first two series in the second half, like he was being punished for something.

This team does not have the talent to play around or play discipline crap. They have to hand off the ball to harris as much as they can and punish the D-Line. The Texans were hands on hips at the end of the first half and the patriots come out throwing. WTF are the guys up in booth watching? If we can shit on TV, what are they getting paid $500K for and not suggesting stuff? Or is Bill just not listening?

Simple question....................Would you switch BB for Vrabel or Flores??

Sorry man but trading BB for Vrabel or Flores is a ridiculous idea. The Pats just don't have the talent this year. BB says it was from selling out for SB's. I'll take his word for it. Let's face it, we're a quality QB away from a much better record. Cam has failed us repeatedly at the end of the game where Brady usually shined. Cam will not be our QB next year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could your grandson throw it 77 yards? Izzo was on the twelve so they needed twelve more in the air to tie the game.
When he was 15 years old and a sophomore, he would throw the ball from the 35 to the back of the opposing end zone at least three or four times every practice for special teams kick coverage. The kicked was lucky to kick the ball 35 yards. t the time he was about 5'10" and maybe 185.

He quarterbacked the JV s and was a WR and backup QB for the Varsity. He's playing college ball and I'd be willing to bet he could throw the ball 77 yards.

Attachments

• 1606092915907.jpeg
    1606092915907.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 2

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... The Texans have the NFL’s worst run defense and D. Harris gets 11 carries??? WTF??? I had to work today, so I didn’t get to watch the game. Why didn’t they run it down their throats?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... The Texans have the NFL’s worst run defense and D. Harris gets 11 carries??? WTF??? I had to work today, so I didn’t get to watch the game. Why didn’t they run it down their throats?
Definitely a good Sunday to be working. It allowed you to miss this stinker. Three of four phases stunk it up with special teams being adequate.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did not get the game locally is this article close to accurate? 3 winners and 5 losers from the Patriots’ 27-20 loss to the Texans
I'd say the last one was most accurate. Coaching had a really bad day and may explain why both Bentley and Winovich had bad days too. The McCourty criticisms are a bit tick tacky...getting "run over" is a matter of leverage and clearly Watson had better and unexpected leverage.

The call of the day... The 3rd and one pitchout that cost Burkhead his season. I don't care if the other team knows what's coming...Cam straight at ya.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did not get the game locally is this article close to accurate? 3 winners and 5 losers from the Patriots’ 27-20 loss to the Texans
Cam had inflated yardage because of the final play of the game and the catch by Izzo.

Winovich spent the day chasing Watson in the opposite direction and he was getting off the passes on the run. I don't think he was a loser. It's tough to make up ten or fifteen yards on someone as fast as Watson.

Bentley has been forced to wear the radio helmet and has done pretty well. The defense looked off everywhere and that's the coaches and the guys up in the booth not re-situating the alignment. Maybe the team needs a DC instead of BB trying to play God. HC,GM,DC and Medical Advisor.

Byrd was spectacular. Much better than he's been given credit for.

To be totally honest, the coaching staff is to blame. The Patriots have a powerful OL and a stable of RBs that can do a bunch of things. Harris gets 11 touches against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and 30% of the plays go to James White? White is a third down RB and he was in backfield with Burkhead to start the second half and Harris was on the sideline. Burkhead has his knee taken out and harris goes back in and gets what 3-4 touches and White is the main body of the offense.

For those of you in the Belichick Adoration Society, I think it may be time to bring this team into the 21st Century. He's been great up until the last few years and got really lucky in 2018. The Lombardi's, Gibb's, Pacells and landry's are all gone and BB is the last in that long line of the old style of coaching. With the exception of Reid, the most successful franchises have coaches under 50. The only reason reid isn't in a home is because KC has a dynamic GM Brett Veach. He's been the GM for four years and is 43. When did the Chiefs turn the corner? 2016 when Veach took over. If I was Johnathan Kraft I'd be on the phon and offering the guy a VP of Personnel at $10M a year. Sorry Bill, but this has become a young man's game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you in the Belichick Adoration Society....,
I think you are confusing adoration of BB with consistently finding holes in your logic, for one thinking your coaching background makes you completely qualified to assert completely credible criticism. I'm not knocking your background, it's admirable, but it doesn't qualify you to provide expert criticism.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had inflated yardage because of the final play of the game and the catch by Izzo.

Winovich spent the day chasing Watson in the opposite direction and he was getting off the passes on the run. I don't think he was a loser. It's tough to make up ten or fifteen yards on someone as fast as Watson.

Bentley has been forced to wear the radio helmet and has done pretty well. The defense looked off everywhere and that's the coaches and the guys up in the booth not re-situating the alignment. Maybe the team needs a DC instead of BB trying to play God. HC,GM,DC and Medical Advisor.

Byrd was spectacular. Much better than he's been given credit for.

To be totally honest, the coaching staff is to blame. The Patriots have a powerful OL and a stable of RBs that can do a bunch of things. Harris gets 11 touches against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and 30% of the plays go to James White? White is a third down RB and he was in backfield with Burkhead to start the second half and Harris was on the sideline. Burkhead has his knee taken out and harris goes back in and gets what 3-4 touches and White is the main body of the offense.

For those of you in the Belichick Adoration Society, I think it may be time to bring this team into the 21st Century. He's been great up until the last few years and got really lucky in 2018. The Lombardi's, Gibb's, Pacells and landry's are all gone and BB is the last in that long line of the old style of coaching. With the exception of Reid, the most successful franchises have coaches under 50. The only reason reid isn't in a home is because KC has a dynamic GM Brett Veach. He's been the GM for four years and is 43. When did the Chiefs turn the corner? 2016 when Veach took over. If I was Johnathan Kraft I'd be on the phon and offering the guy a VP of Personnel at $10M a year. Sorry Bill, but this has become a young man's game.

I'm going to continue to disagree with you on your BB assessment. The salary cap was a serious issue this year. We got a running QB who fades when the lights are the brightest. What's this, four games lost with the ball in Cams hands to win or tie it? Brady would've won at least half of those as would any quality QB. We had a bunch of opt outs. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL. If the Pats suck again next year then maybe I'll star agreeing with you but let's give the guy a friggin break. This isn't the only season in the past 20 years that they've kinda sucked. It's just the worst they've sucked in the past 20 years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get away from the run yet again. Harris was doing well but no lets do something else.

Harry two crucial F ups! First quarter with the offensive PI, pushes Patriots back, only get 3... Then in 4th quarter doesn't even touch the defender in backfield, ran right by him, Cam gets sacked

Cam also needs to get the ball up higher, too many passes deflected

Only bright spot was Byrd
I have to ask:

If we are going to let Jakobi Meyers block on plays to Harry, just so we can see if Harry can play,
Why not put in Stidham? If Stidham has nothing, we have no QB's and 3 wasted slots!
(4 if you count Harry)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask:

If we are going to let Jakobi Meyers block on plays to Harry, just so we can see if Harry can play,
Why not put in Stidham? If Stidham has nothing, we have no QB's and 3 wasted slots!
(4 if you count Harry)

My guess is because Stidham must really suck. I'm putting my money on him not being on the team next year.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping that once Coach B realizes the season is lost, he willl give Stidham a shot to play. I watched a documentary on Stidham. The kid worked so hard to get to where he is. Before his last season at Auburn he was a projected 1st round pick. His season didn’t go great and he dropped. Still, many scouts/experts said he has the best throw of the players drafted that year. I wished I knew what was going on behind the scenes. Why he isn’t playing. Cam isn’t the answer. Long term. Short term. I don’t care if he has all the charisma in the world. He doesn’t have the mental talent to play QB for the Patriots. Physically, he’s a Greek God. Mentally, he’s Forrest Gump.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are confusing adoration of BB with consistently finding holes in your logic, for one thinking your coaching background makes you completely qualified to assert completely credible criticism. I'm not knocking your background, it's admirable, but it doesn't qualify you to provide expert criticism.
We all have our opinions.

No, I'm talking about blind faith in someone. I think BB has taken too much of the load and the team is suffering for it. You can disagree all you want, but that's my opinion. I also believe that he's getting old and time has a way of catching up with all of us. Sadly, most of us refuse to recognize it until it's too late.

I officiated basketball for over 30 years. When I couldn't run a half court and keep up with the players, I walked away. I was doing a dis-service to the game and worse, to the players. I quit coaching football when my team won the NE Independent League Championship and our trip to the Nationals was cancelled by a hurricane. I knew my time had come because I was actually relieved that we were not going to have to spend seven days in Florida.

BB's been coaching for 46 years. He's shooting for Shula's win record of 328. Halas is at 318 and BB is at 281. Add two more for the remainder of this year and he's still 45 behind. It's going to take at least 4 more years if he can win 12 a year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask:

(4 if you count Harry)

I can't answer that question but we really need to figure out what Stidham and Harry actually have, if any at all.