• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Cap Planning - Trades and Releases 2015

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team were to offer up Fairley for a 3rd this year I'd take it outright. This is a deep draft, and by not picking up the last year of his rookie contract, we basically agreed that he's gone for a supplementary pick that will probably be no higher than a fourth in 2016.

That pick would matter on monetary value of contracts UFA signed verse lost. There will be no picks next year for Lions. Tate's money would have to be offset by larger amount of UFA lost contracts. Wouldn't matter if Delmas was signed to huge contract. Delmas' doesn't count. He was cut so is FA and not UFA.

This is why Packers build so good through the draft. They let guys walk and rarely sign UFA. Thus getting comp picks yearly.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a pretty interesting thread. Lot of football knowledge. I think we should call Ford Jr and offer to run the team. We'll do it for half what Mayhew charges.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a pretty interesting thread. Lot of football knowledge. I think we should call Ford Jr and offer to run the team. We'll do it for half what Mayhew charges.

I wonder if their board room runs anything like this forum? Arguing, name calling, fight challenges, death threats, polls, bannings, and finally apologies. ;)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro has uncovered the circle of life :laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess drinking, smoking is allowed seems as though meetings involve arguing, name calling, fighting, death threats etc. Might as well make it real life. Can we have a titty Tuesday's and Thursday's along with hump day (big booty girls) Wednesday's ? All charged off to club expenses wolf of wall-street like.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if their board room runs anything like this forum? Arguing, name calling, fight challenges, death threats, polls, bannings, and finally apologies. ;)

Of course. that's what everyone who makes a half-million-dollar salary but only a ten-thousand-dollar bonus does.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck all of that other shit. I want to see more death threats and less apologizing.

Also robbase would be tom lewand. He is the guy who gets drunk and butt naked.

Lionstop would be martin mayhew= he will draft a WR in rd 1, trade up in the 2nd rd to snag a TE, then move up in the third to nab a RB.

smitty would be that billy bob cooter guy, pooter? Just because of the name

Trustmeimright would be jim schwartz huge ego, never wrong

That is all.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what has happened to the Lions? They have had Suh/Fairley in the middle of their DL the past 3 years and they are 21-27. They have had some quality DE's playing along side them too. Avril for two of the years, Ansah last year.

All that has done for the Lions is made them a middle of the road defense. You could argue -- the Seahawks built their team from the back 7 in. They had Earl Thomas, Cam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc. Then took Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner and then this past year they signed Avril and Bennett to be DE's.

There is no right or wrong way to build a team. Winning the battle in the trenches improves your odds of winning, but you have to have someone to run or throw the ball on offense or it doesn't matter and on defense, you have to have a quality back 7.

IMO, I think Detroit would be better off without Suh if he demands a contract that will make him one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. I just don't see the value in that deal, unless he puts up the type of numbers he did in his rookie year (60+ tackles and 10 sacks).

Detroit could sign multiple quality players for what they may have to pay Suh on his own.

I didnt say the team was completed, but its much closer than it would be if they hadnt built the lines. The dline and oline did fine last year. Its not the olines fault stafford sucked, their RBS are average, and their WRS cant catch worth shit. Its not their fault they had the worst kicker in football, a horrible coaching staff, and lack of discipline. The same can be said for the DLINE. Yeah in a perfect world the lions would have a top corner and a top DT. The lions cornerbacks are awful. Take fairley and suh out and the lions will once again be allowing 100-200 yards rushing per game, even with a patrick peterson as CB. An argument can be made either way, but common sense indicates the closer you are to the ball the more important you will be to the team. The secondary is the last line of defense, not the first. I think theres way too many people that look at SUH and think sacks are somehow the qualifier at that position. They arent.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think theres way too many people that look at SUH and think sacks are somehow the qualifier at that position. They arent.

It isn't just the sacks, outside his rookie season, he has averaged roughly 40 tackles a year. Not sure of the exact number as I don't feel like looking it up. Off the top of my head -- I believe he only has one forced fumble in the past 3 years.

I think he is a great player and one of the best at his position, and some would argue, the best at his position. I would hate to lose him, but how can Detroit justify giving him a contract that would make him one of, if not, the highest paid defensive players in the league?

If you had your choice of one of the elite CBs or Suh, who would you take? If you had your choice of one of the elite DE's or Suh? Who would you take?

I think Suh is tremendous, but to give him a bigger contract than his rookie deal, which made him the highest paid DT in the league is crazy.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supply and demand was the perfect answer when you look at which positions of the two are the most important.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about CB gvs, my favorite position in all of sports. I'd do whatever it takes to get an elite one of those.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all of that other shit. I want to see more death threats and less apologizing.

Lionstop would be martin mayhew= he will draft a WR in rd 1, trade up in the 2nd rd to snag a TE, then move up in the third to nab a RB.

That is all.
hahahahahaha.

I'm only wrong on days that end in a 'y'.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is all.

Can I be Roary?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit. I wanted to be Roary, fuck it. Do you wanna fight for it? :whistle:

If you were real men you'd tie your wrists together and fight to the death with knives like Captain Kirk did over the green chick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. that's what everyone who makes a half-million-dollar salary but only a ten-thousand-dollar bonus does.

You gonna start charging me rent for all the time I'm spending in your head?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were real men you'd tie your wrists together and fight to the death with knives like Captain Kirk did over the green chick.

3216646836_6eb340e5ab_z.jpg