• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Cap Planning - Trades and Releases 2015

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good time to remind everyone of what the mods asked of all of us.

As the senior member of SportsHoopla (that's right, no one has been here longer) I'm telling everyone on this board to drop the shit and not take a thread like this and pollute it. The OP had nothing to do with the attack he got. I don't care what board this happens on or what poster this happens to (ok, maybe it's ok to do it to a few posters) but c'mon guys, this can't continue.

- SFNL

I apologize guys. Obviously, I'm going to respond to someone talking shit to me, but since this warning went out, nothing new has been said. I think some posters here need to be reminded that this board is a business for Hammer, and quite frankly, some of you posters are bad for business. We were asked to keep it on football, but some of us apparently either cannot control yourselves, or you simply do not respect the mods enough to listen to them. SFNL already locked the clean slates thread when Max once again attacked me. Then last week it was another poster, then me again. CBS couldn't control people like Max so they shut down. The mods here aren't pussies.

So let's all chill. We don't all have to like each other, but one thing we can agree on is, we all love the Lions.

:suds:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love them so much, I learned to hate them.......Lions Fan since 1971

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As the senior member of SportsHoopla (that's right, no one has been here longer) I'm telling everyone on this board to drop the shit and not take a thread like this and pollute it. The OP had nothing to do with the attack he got. I don't care what board this happens on or what poster this happens to (ok, maybe it's ok to do it to a few posters) but c'mon guys, this can't continue.

- SFNL

I apologize guys. Obviously, I'm going to respond to someone talking shit to me, but since this warning went out, nothing new has been said. I think some posters here need to be reminded that this board is a business for Hammer, and quite frankly, some of you posters are bad for business. We were asked to keep it on football, but some of us apparently either cannot control yourselves, or you simply do not respect the mods enough to listen to them. SFNL already locked the clean slates thread when Max once again attacked me. Then last week it was another poster, then me again. CBS couldn't control people like Max so they shut down. The mods here aren't pussies.

So let's all chill. We don't all have to like each other, but one thing we can agree on is, we all love the Lions.

You should ask RobBase to read this message. 5 posts ago you you started back in. Focus on football not who gsp raped if you would.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate provides this franchise with enough faggotry. Man up queers. Seriously. Im sick of it.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was alerted to the thread where you defended your homosexuality by threatening another poster with violence and bragged about being trained (and raped) in the same gym as GSP and some other MMA guys.

Keep it classy, Sandusky.

Stalking me, huh? Well, if that isn't proof that you're so butthurt over the whipping you took here that it's consuming your life, then nothing is.

gain, princess, just get over your loss. your attempts to brag were really, really, really funny, though. Now that I think of it, though, if I'm only making 4 times what you make I'm underpaid.

Hey, I hear they have free donuts in the garbage behind Tim Horton's! YOu looked like you'd just spent a week in a dumpster and had been on the all-donut diet for a decade when we met, though, so I guess you already knew that!

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- SFNL

OK, I'll ignore you if you ignore me. No problem.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalking me, huh? Well, if that isn't proof that you're so butthurt over the whipping you took here that it's consuming your life, then nothing is.

gain, princess, just get over your loss. your attempts to brag were really, really, really funny, though. Now that I think of it, though, if I'm only making 4 times what you make I'm underpaid.

Hey, I hear they have free donuts in the garbage behind Tim Horton's! YOu looked like you'd just spent a week in a dumpster and had been on the all-donut diet for a decade when we met, though, so I guess you already knew that!

For the best of the board, let's drop it. Week 1 we fight.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll ignore you if you ignore me. No problem.

Agree. At some point this shit has to stop. I ran out of shit to say a long time ago anyways. Until Week 1.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be really pissed off it they trade Fairely. I'm shocked by fans ready to throw this guy away. I look around the NFL and don't see too many play making DT's like him. If we lose him, I'm afraid it will take forever to replace him. Who were our top DT's before Suh and Fairely? Luther Ellis?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- SFNL

Good post Rob. Just understand some of us and damn sure you included were bad for business. Just don't take the moral high ground. New posters coming to Hammer's site need not see this BS. I could give two shits who attacked who. Had this post been truly sincere, you would of posted say before making 3 rebuttal statements. Have you been down the Sandusky road? I have, people get accused of being soft or sensitive. Walk in my childhood shoes Rob. Just maybe a new poster has and doesn't choose to stay seeing it used as punch line. Yep some of us are bad for business.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So back to football. TPaul gets to be Roary and try to take out opposing running backs. We have a few other nominations. Who gets to be Ford Jr? I have the business acumen and chops, but not the pedigree.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So back to football. TPaul gets to be Roary and try to take out opposing running backs. We have a few other nominations. Who gets to be Ford Jr? I have the business acumen and chops, but not the pedigree.

Dude tpaul is follett, oldlion is roary. Are you cutthroat enough to be a ford?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude tpaul is follett, oldlion is roary. Are you cutthroat enough to be a ford?

Definitely. I'd be much more of a hardass when it came to firing underperforming general managers. Honestly gathered data has no agenda other than the truth and that'd be my motto. If we're not drafting and signing well, we're going to make changes. If we're not coaching well, we're going to make changes.

And my first act as owner is to direct Mayhew to get me trade offers for Suh, whom I can't afford.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. I'd be much more of a hardass when it came to firing underperforming general managers. Honestly gathered data has no agenda other than the truth and that'd be my motto. If we're not drafting and signing well, we're going to make changes. If we're not coaching well, we're going to make changes.

And my first act as owner is to direct Mayhew to get me trade offers for Suh, whom I can't afford.

Funny you mentioned trading Suh.

This from Freep writer Drew Sharp. If there ever was a pessimist it would be him as far as pertaining the Lions.... Drew Sharp: Ndamukong Suh no-show sends signal to Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Here's a statement from him;

It’s laughable listening to those suggesting that concerns regarding Suh’s absence are merely a media contrivance, an attempt at creating controversy where none really exists. Jim Caldwell insists he wasn’t “blindsided” by Suh’s actions. But it’s never a good thing when a new coach responsible for articulating a new winning culture must opt for damage control during his first chance to work with his new players.

The correct strategy regarding Suh hasn’t changed. Give him an ultimatum: either there’s a contract extension by month’s end or notify his representatives to find a willing trading partner before the draft. It doesn’t matter how impactful he has performed in four years in Detroit. How many playoff appearances have the Lions made with Suh and how many playoff games have they won with him?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to be Gunther.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct strategy regarding Suh hasn’t changed. Give him an ultimatum: either there’s a contract extension by month’s end or notify his representatives to find a willing trading partner before the draft. It doesn’t matter how impactful he has performed in four years in Detroit. How many playoff appearances have the Lions made with Suh and how many playoff games have they won with him?

It's Suh's fault that the GM has not been able to find any decent talent in the secondary? Delmas was alright but never stayed healthy. Houston had a couple decent seasons. but they have had a bottom dweller secondary the entire time Suh has been on the Lions.

It's Suh's fault that Stafford would throw back breaking INT after back breaking INT the last two seasons? Say what you will about the dude. The guy is an elite player and future hall of famer entering the prime of his career. To say the reason the Lions only made one playoff appearance is because of Suh and we will be "better" or "have a better shot of making the playoffs without him" is a bit extreme.

If anyone should be getting an ultimatum, it should be Millen's protege with his 29-51 record as Lions GM the last 5 seasons.