• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FUNNY HOW THEY SWITCH IT ON US....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The lions are just mad they lost the game...I hope we meet them again in the NFC championship game..We will destroy them!! 49er faithful...who is better then us Nobody!!!!

+1
Noooboodyyyy!!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, is Jim Schwartz the biggest sore loser in the history of the NFL?:violin:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, is Jim Schwartz the biggest sore loser in the history of the NFL?:violin:

what makes it worse(for me), is that its the Lions' first lost of the season.... if people didn't know any better, they would think he's 1-5 or 0-6.... complete douche...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't see a problem with Schwartz or Lion fans complaining about penalties. we see it here all the time, going back years.

last season, didn't we send questionable calls to the NFL office?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you saw the update but his officiating buddy told him there is actually no penalty on the play by Smith. So then he turns and says another guy is guilty of a block in the back as well. Looks like fishing to me. And the fact that we got the 5 extra yards...why is Schwartz complaining about that?? Its his job to know the spot as well, and he could have told the ref and not let it happen. That is on him as much as the ref.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's ironic here is that "spot of the ball" is a challengeable call. The Lion's booth was not able to pick up this mistake obviously else Schwartz "knowledge" of the rules would have placed the ball back 5 yards

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see a problem with Schwartz or Lion fans complaining about penalties. we see it here all the time, going back years.

last season, didn't we send questionable calls to the NFL office?

What bothers me is that the article is written as though Detroit got the worse end of the bad officiating. They didn't. And that wasn't even a penalty anyway. Even if it was, it doesn't determine the outcome of the game. What determined the outcome of the game? Schwartz said it himself, "They had 4th and 6, and we couldn't stop 'em."

Complaining about calls in a game that wasn't lopsided is ridiculous. Maybe if Detroit's offense had bothered to show up, this topic wouldn't even exist. Maybe they did show up and got beaten by a better defense.

But the way Schwartz reacted after the game, I'm not really surprised that he's crying about officiating now. Does anybody else get the feeling that Detroit is about to get annihilated this week? All of the focus surrounding Detroit has been that of distraction and whining (coach, not the fans). I can totally see this team coming out flat against a hungry Atlanta team and getting abused.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is that the article is written as though Detroit got the worse end of the bad officiating. They didn't. And that wasn't even a penalty anyway. Even if it was, it doesn't determine the outcome of the game. What determined the outcome of the game? Schwartz said it himself, "They had 4th and 6, and we couldn't stop 'em."

Complaining about calls in a game that wasn't lopsided is ridiculous. Maybe if Detroit's offense had bothered to show up, this topic wouldn't even exist. Maybe they did show up and got beaten by a better defense.

But the way Schwartz reacted after the game, I'm not really surprised that he's crying about officiating now. Does anybody else get the feeling that Detroit is about to get annihilated this week? All of the focus surrounding Detroit has been that of distraction and whining (coach, not the fans). I can totally see this team coming out flat against a hungry Atlanta team and getting abused.

The red above...completely agree. The blue, could definitely see happening.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the officials had a bad day in general, but there were a number of calls that went against the Lions in addition to the incorrect spot. The "horse collar" call on Gore was ridiculous, as was the initial non-call of the TD to Burleson. OTOH, the unsportsmanlike conduct on Aldon Smith was a pretty bizarre call too. It was a weird game.

The thing I find most amazing was that on Detroit sports talk radio on Monday, the consensus from the Lion play-by-play guy, one of the DL, and the show host was that the safety was a blown call b/c Smith didn't have the QB before he threw the ball. Patently homeristic and ridiculous b/c even if you don't call it a sack in the end zone (safety), it's intentional grounding in the end zone (safety) since the ball didn't make it to the line of scrimmage and there was no receiver in the area.

That, and Schwartz is a whiny bitch.

Last edited by a moderator: