• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed we are letting Hannah out there talking to other teams. Never going to be a star, but a nice 3rd TE that made himself a good blocker over the past two seasons. He's gotta be dirt cheap with almost no guaranteed money, no?
Hannah is our best blocking TE and will be resigned.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys could pick up Alfred Morris on a good deal and have him back up McFadden....
Morris is a decent change of pace RB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to run the ball 25 to 30 times a game to protect Romo and to Protect this defense.
Trade a 2nd round pick to Green Bay for Eddie Lacy. The guy can pound it if he is 20 lbs lighter.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't know if this would be an equal trade or not. Is hter3e a chance the Cowboys could trade their two 3rd round picks and a 6th to get back in the First round say a team like Minnesota who's picking late, but maybe not too late for us to snag Elliot.
We walk away with Ramsey and Elliot plus who ever we get in the 2nd, 4th, and the reaming six round picks. I don't know how the trade chart places value, but maybe two earl 3rd and one 6th can get us back into the first. I know that's a lot but, This is a draft we really need to have some success in. Just a Hypo
That would get you back to the top half of round 2

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys could pick up Alfred Morris on a good deal and have him back up McFadden....
For the right price, I wouldn't oppose that at all. Running behind the Cowboys line might revive his career. Didn't hurt McFadden, and Murray sure missed it

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, you in the next Fantasy GM team draft? I am.....did it last year and had fun.....wanna place in top 3-5 and win a little SportsHoopla cash if I'm lucky.....:lol:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't know if this would be an equal trade or not. Is hter3e a chance the Cowboys could trade their two 3rd round picks and a 6th to get back in the First round say a team like Minnesota who's picking late, but maybe not too late for us to snag Elliot.
We walk away with Ramsey and Elliot plus who ever we get in the 2nd, 4th, and the reaming six round picks. I don't know how the trade chart places value, but maybe two earl 3rd and one 6th can get us back into the first. I know that's a lot but, This is a draft we really need to have some success in. Just a Hypo
Elliott probably doesn't make it out of the first, if he the back you want and he's there at the 3rd pick of round you better just pick him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right price, I wouldn't oppose that at all. Running behind the Cowboys line might revive his career. Didn't hurt McFadden, and Murray sure missed it

Not sure how he fell out of favor in DC. He had an amazing rookie season, then a couple decent seasons with 1k yards and he is just 27.....he should be able to revive his career easily. McFadden did play well for Dallas last season but he is always a hammy away from sitting out so you guys need a reliable backup.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved D-Mac when he was with us.....but he was always hurt and inconsistent when he was healthy. Thought it was a decent move for Dallas last season when Murray wanted to get $$$.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a difference maker. I didn't think we were in the running.

I didnt either but here is another one suggesting we could be? Would like this guy at $5 mill a year

Report: Eric Weddle has offers from four teams, will respond by Monday
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

March 12, 2016 1:10 pm ET

Despite being 31 years old, Eric Weddle might just be the best free agent left on the market.

See where Pete Prisco's Top 50 names go

In his career, he's recorded 19 interceptions, he's been voted First-Team All-Pro twice, and he's a three-time Pro Bowler. Entering free agency, CBS Sports' Pete Priscovalued him as the fifth-best player available, while Pro Football Focus rated him as the fourth-best player.

Yet days after most top players signed with their respective new clubs, Weddle remains unsigned. His current status, however, isn't due to a lack of interest.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Weddle has offers from four teams and he'll be responding to those offers on Monday. Here's more from Rapoport:

Rapoport didn't say which four teams offered Weddle a contract, but we may be able to piece that together. As CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported, the Ravens, Cowboys, and Steelers are all interested in Weddle's services.

Here's the fourth team that could be interested: the Raiders.

Bruce Irvin is certainly doing his best to recruit him. Though, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, Smith is on the Raiders' "back-burner."

So, Weddle clearly has options. And, as La Canfora reported earlier this week, he'll take his time deciding on his next team. At this point in his career, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that Weddle is just looking for the situation that has the best chance to lead to a Super Bowl. But, as Rapoport included in his report, Weddle will be taking his family into consideration as well.

Given his age, negotiations might prove to be tricky, as teams probably won't want to overextend and tie themselves to an aging player for the long-term. On the other hand, if any of those four teams feel as if they're on the cusp of playoff success, they also might feel like the addition of a piece like Weddle will put them over the top. La Canfora also reports that those interested view the safety in the range of $5 million per year.

Buckle in. The hunt for free agency's best remaining player is just getting started.

USATSI_weddle_31216.jpg
Eric Weddle reportedly has offers from four teams. (USATSI)

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I don't see that, he carried the ball 395 times, how many 3rd downs did Bama run?
I'm pretty sure Bama had 3rd downs. I know watching the national championship game I didn't see anything that would suggest he's not a 3 down back.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Bama had 3rd downs. I know watching the national championship game I didn't see anything that would suggest he's not a 3 down back.
I miss read your post, I thought you were saying he's a THIRD DOWN back. I agree he can play all downs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how he fell out of favor in DC. He had an amazing rookie season, then a couple decent seasons with 1k yards and he is just 27.....he should be able to revive his career easily. McFadden did play well for Dallas last season but he is always a hammy away from sitting out so you guys need a reliable backup.
I think there's a good chance the Cowboys draft a back in the first 3 rounds if they don't sign a veteran. I'd like to see Elliott or a hammer like Henry behind our OL. I think Elliott becomes a candidate if we trade back, and Henry is a strong candidate if he's there at the top of the 2nd round. Maybe an Alex Collins in the 3rd

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a good chance the Cowboys draft a back in the first 3 rounds if they don't sign a veteran. I'd like to see Elliott or a hammer like Henry behind our OL. I think Elliott becomes a candidate if we trade back, and Henry is a strong candidate if he's there at the top of the 2nd round. Maybe an Alex Collins in the 3rd

I hear you and respect that but personally I'd prefer a 1-2 punch of McFadden and Morris.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus staying in Denver

Jeff Legwold of ESPN (via Adam Schefter) is reporting that the Broncos have agreed to a restructured deal with OLB DeMarcus Ware that will keep him in Denver for the 2016 season.

Ware, 33, has one year remaining on his three-year, $30 million contract that included $20 million guaranteed and was set to make a base salary of $7 million for the 2016 season.

In 2015, Ware appeared in 11 games and recorded 25 tackles, 7.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and a recovery. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 20 outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense out of 53 qualifying players.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know how a rookie will perform in the NFL. And I don't think either one of the RB's you mentioned is a can't miss prospect.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know how a rookie will perform in the NFL. And I don't think either one of the RB's you mentioned is a can't miss prospect.
It's possible you're right, as the Cowboys have already kicked the tires on Powell from the Jets. I do know tyeyvwere reported to have been very high on Elliott coming out of the combine. For me, I like drafting RB's because of their short career shelf life. You get their better years, for 1st contract dollars.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and respect that but personally I'd prefer a 1-2 punch of McFadden and Morris.
On a side note, I like your Raiders to be a 9-10 win team for the next several years. I like their direction

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I like your Raiders to be a 9-10 win team for the next several years. I like their direction

Thanks a lot. Super excited about our free agency so far.....Eric Weddle would be perfect for our safety position.

With Denver lacking a legit starting QB.....I think it'll be between us and KC for 1st place unless Denver adds somebody then it could be a 3 way race for 1st.