• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a good one to backup Witten.

Not what you were looking for I know, but......

Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Cowboys and TE James Hanna agreed to terms on a three-year, $8.25 million deal.

Earlier in the day, Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego reported that the Chargers were hosting Hanna for a visit, but it appears as though he felt a return to Dallas was his best move.

Hanna, 26, is a former sixth-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2012. He has played out his rookie contract and is now testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

In 2015, Hanna appeared in 14 games for the Cowboys and recorded nine receptions for 79 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he had no interest in the Cowboys

Maybe he has changed his mind, or at least would consider Dallas, guess we will find out Monday

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that free agent S Eric Weddle has offers from four teams right now.

• According to Rapoport, Weddle plans to evaluate everything including the city, roster, schools, levels of the deal and respond to the interested teams by Monday.
  • Rapoport adds that Weddle, his agent and his family will decide on two teams and negotiations will move forward until a deal is reached.
  • Jason La Canfora specifically mentions the Ravens, Cowboys and Steelers as teams to keep an eye on for Weddle.
Weddle, 31, finished a five-year, $40 million contract that included $19 million guaranteed. The Chargers placed him on the injured reserve after Week 16 because of a lingering groin injury.

Weddle is among the best available players in this year’s free agent class.

In 2015, Weddle appeared in 13 games for 79 total tackles, six pass defenses, one fumble recovery and 0.5 of a sack. Pro Football Focus rated Weddle as the No. 33 overall safety out of 88 qualifiers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he has changed his mind, or at least would consider Dallas, guess we will find out Monday

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that free agent S Eric Weddle has offers from four teams right now.

• According to Rapoport, Weddle plans to evaluate everything including the city, roster, schools, levels of the deal and respond to the interested teams by Monday.
  • Rapoport adds that Weddle, his agent and his family will decide on two teams and negotiations will move forward until a deal is reached.
  • Jason La Canfora specifically mentions the Ravens, Cowboys and Steelers as teams to keep an eye on for Weddle.
Weddle, 31, finished a five-year, $40 million contract that included $19 million guaranteed. The Chargers placed him on the injured reserve after Week 16 because of a lingering groin injury.

In 2015, Weddle appeared in 13 games for 79 total tackles, six pass defenses, one fumble recovery and 0.5 of a sack. Pro Football Focus rated Weddle as the No. 33 overall safety out of 88 qualifiers.
Talk about a perfect fit.... Come on!

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would be a difference maker. I didn't think we were in the running.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely trade a 4th for Glennon at this point. Or see if TB would care to swap him for Carr and a 6th.
Carr??? Carr has negative trade value and the same impact to us whether cut or traded.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that they are following that formula from a few years ago which is good for me. I would hate to see them slide back into cap hell behavior after cleaning things up for a few years. With continuing to get better draft picks things should continue to improve. Sign solid FA to fill some holes or add some depth and build through the draft. I really hope we can keep Durbar. I think they just (finally) started to stratch the surface of how to use him, I would hate to see some other team benefit from his talents.
Great post:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a perfect fit.... Come on!
On the field, I totally agree. But he is getting up there in age so need to be careful on the dollars. I'd give him big dollars for two years because I don't know how long he'd play at a high level. So if we could structure something so that he is cuttable after a couple of years I'd be good with a bigger offer. If not, I'm looking at less per year than he probably thinks he can get right now. Best case scenario is he sits for another week or two and maybe a soft market for him makes him a great fit for us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the need for another TE.
I'm a little disappointed we are letting Hannah out there talking to other teams. Never going to be a star, but a nice 3rd TE that made himself a good blocker over the past two seasons. He's gotta be dirt cheap with almost no guaranteed money, no?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't know if this would be an equal trade or not. Is hter3e a chance the Cowboys could trade their two 3rd round picks and a 6th to get back in the First round say a team like Minnesota who's picking late, but maybe not too late for us to snag Elliot.
We walk away with Ramsey and Elliot plus who ever we get in the 2nd, 4th, and the reaming six round picks. I don't know how the trade chart places value, but maybe two earl 3rd and one 6th can get us back into the first. I know that's a lot but, This is a draft we really need to have some success in. Just a Hypo

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what you were looking for I know, but......

Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Cowboys and TE James Hanna agreed to terms on a three-year, $8.25 million deal.

Earlier in the day, Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego reported that the Chargers were hosting Hanna for a visit, but it appears as though he felt a return to Dallas was his best move.

Hanna, 26, is a former sixth-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2012. He has played out his rookie contract and is now testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

In 2015, Hanna appeared in 14 games for the Cowboys and recorded nine receptions for 79 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

Did I miss something looks like we locked him up again. I think they might have over paid a little for a guy who catches about 15 balls a year.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would,t be against Henry in the second. letting him play behind Mc fadden. I can see him getting 15 carries a game until next season being that short yardage and goal line guy. Also being the lead back in the 4th qtr to finish guys off when the DL is tired.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something looks like we locked him up again. I think they might have over paid a little for a guy who catches about 15 balls a year.
I hadn't read that. Glad to have Hanna, but that looks to be a horrible contract. Need to see the details on that one. Hope it's backloaded with little guaranteed $'s

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would,t be against Henry in the second. letting him play behind Mc fadden. I can see him getting 15 carries a game until next season being that short yardage and goal line guy. Also being the lead back in the 4th qtr to finish guys off when the DL is tired.
I was kind of against Henry until I read a report about him looking great as a receiver and in the open field. If he can be a more all around back I'm fine with it. But no way I'm using a second rounder just to be a short yardage and goal line back. Just sign Morris from Wash if that's what you want.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of against Henry until I read a report about him looking great as a receiver and in the open field. If he can be a more all around back I'm fine with it. But no way I'm using a second rounder just to be a short yardage and goal line back. Just sign Morris from Wash if that's what you want.
Morris would be a great signing IMO. No, don't get me wrong Henry is a 3 down back. I was totally against Henry because of his work load, but his combine and his all around ability has changed my mind on him. I'm basicly just suggesting to have these guys split the load for on season to preserve both guys and then in 2017 he's likely the featured back and maybe Dunbar is ready to be a change of pace guy. 15 carries x 16 games 240 carries. If he can average 4.3 yrds a carry that's 1032 yards. If you can get another 100 from Mc Fadden, that's a pretty dynamic duo.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to run the ball 25 to 30 times a game to protect Romo and to Protect this defense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love it if the Raiders picked him up to finish our free agent spending spree....then pick up guys in the draft to fill out the rest of the roster basically.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys could pick up Alfred Morris on a good deal and have him back up McFadden....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris would be a great signing IMO. No, don't get me wrong Henry is a 3 down back. I was totally against Henry because of his work load, but his combine and his all around ability has changed my mind on him. I'm basicly just suggesting to have these guys split the load for on season to preserve both guys and then in 2017 he's likely the featured back and maybe Dunbar is ready to be a change of pace guy. 15 carries x 16 games 240 carries. If he can average 4.3 yrds a carry that's 1032 yards. If you can get another 100 from Mc Fadden, that's a pretty dynamic duo.
:scratch: I don't see that, he carried the ball 395 times, how many 3rd downs did Bama run?