• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless we make some roster moves or restructure some existing deals, we only have approximately 5M left in cap space after re-signing Rolando

Dallas can create a fair amount of cap room fairly easily, without hamstringing the team in future years. Restructure Smith, cut Carr and Church, along with a few other minor transactions and Dallas will have money to spend.

i just hope they do spend some money, because this team has more holes than the draft can fill. Stephen's comments about not being players in FA concerns me, I just don't see the need to hold onto the money. I'm not advocating throwing a mega deal at one of the big names, but one or two mid-level signings (like Eric Weddle for example) would really help this team out. And for goodness sake, can we move on from Church?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is jerruh a grudge holder? very few times has he brought back a former player that took more money elsewhere. the only one I remember was Alvin harper,but he rarely saw the field and was cut. I could live with bringing DWARE back,buy that is the exception

we are talking to Matt Moore, too

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Weddle gave his agent a list of teams he would play for and Dallas wasn't on it.

Of course money and those teams not wanting him can change his mind.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can create a fair amount of cap room fairly easily, without hamstringing the team in future years. Restructure Smith, cut Carr and Church, along with a few other minor transactions and Dallas will have money to spend.

Supposedly the boys are concerned about having money available next off-season to spend on Frederick and Martin. That means a very limited FA action this off-season.

i just hope they do spend some money, because this team has more holes than the draft can fill. Stephen's comments about not being players in FA concerns me, I just don't see the need to hold onto the money. I'm not advocating throwing a mega deal at one of the big names, but one or two mid-level signings (like Eric Weddle for example) would really help this team out. And for goodness sake, can we move on from Church?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could also restructure Romo's contract.

:whistle:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Weddle stays on the Market the better it is for the Cowboys. Let the big spenders spend, and after the smoke settles hopefully the Cowboys can sign 1 or 2 players who will be both affordable and obvious upgrades. Don't open money on lateral moves. Would like to have Prince over Mo though. Cruz would look good in Dallas to.
Agree. Not sure about Cruz though. I'd have to see the contract $'s versus injury report on him. I think he could be done. A guy like him without his quickness isn't really playable. I remember hearing patella injuries take longer than an ACL to come back from. So maybe he is back this year, but not sure I'd be looking there

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is my #1 target this off season. Put him next to Jones at Safety, and draft Ramsey or Hargreaves to play CB with Scandrick, and this secondary will be light years better than it has been in a long time.

After that we would just need to find Dline help, another LBer, backup QB, Rb and a competent #2 WR.
Perfectly sums up my thoughts on the secondary. Even if we don't go corner in the 1st round we should be going there relatively early and should be looking to add talent. I would love to have Weddle and think a guy like him next to Jones would help to bring Jones along too. I'll add one think. If Prince sits out there for a while I wouldn't mind bringing him in either. Just can't give him a huge contract, but I think he could be a good starter for us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless we make some roster moves or restructure some existing deals, we only have approximately 5M left in cap space after re-signing Rolando
Is that true? I would have thought it would be a little more. Smith will be redone no doubt and it seems the team will redo Crawford even though I wouldn't rush into doing that one. Plus Carr must be cut and that wil help too. We know where the restructures have gotten us in the past (just look at the NYG offseason versus ours)...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Weddle will be a "mid-level" signing, but I'm not sure how we are defining levels

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true? I would have thought it would be a little more. Smith will be redone no doubt and it seems the team will redo Crawford even though I wouldn't rush into doing that one. Plus Carr must be cut and that wil help too. We know where the restructures have gotten us in the past (just look at the NYG offseason versus ours)...

according to most sites Dallas went into the FA period $10.3M under the cap so subtract McClain's new contract and we have between 5 to 6M available. our rookie cap scale is 6.3M. nothing left without restructuring or cuts

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are talking to Matt Moore, too
I was upset when we tried to sneak moore on practice squad. never was a fan of Brad Johnson to begin with. Moore looked awesome in preseason that year,while Brad Johnson stunk it up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Not sure about Cruz though. I'd have to see the contract $'s versus injury report on him. I think he could be done. A guy like him without his quickness isn't really playable. I remember hearing patella injuries take longer than an ACL to come back from. So maybe he is back this year, but not sure I'd be looking there

Cruz re-signed w the Giants yesterday I heard and took a huge pay cut, so he wasn't released

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the reason we don't have the cap space to sign FA's is past FA signings and contract redo's

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the reason we don't have the cap space to sign FA's is past FA signings and contract redo's
Exactly. Being prudent isn't flashy, but it leads to long term success

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans willing to move Hoyer for modest price? Would he be an upgrade to backup Tony? I probably wouldnt do it but who knows

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans willing to move Hoyer for modest price? Would he be an upgrade to backup Tony? I probably wouldnt do it but who knows

We should have a glut of 6th rounders due to comp picks. Offer up a 6th for Hoyer?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans Willing To Trade QB Brian Hoyer For “Very Modest Price”

I see a 6th as very modest, would the Texans take it?

from article:
In 2015, Hoyer appeared in 11 games and accumulated 2,606 passing yards, 19 touchdowns, one interception and completed 60.7 percent of his passes. Pro Football Focus rated Hoyer as the No. 31 quarterback out of 38 qualifying players.

I didn't realize he did that well...19 TD's and 1 INT? In 11 games? How is that only 31st out of 38? Those are better numbers than anyone we rolled out there had.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from article:

I didn't realize he did that well...19 TD's and 1 INT? In 11 games? How is that only 31st out of 38? Those are better numbers than anyone we rolled out there had.

Certainly better than what Dallas ran out there, and I didnt realize his TD to Int ratio was that good either. 19 TD's in 11 games is pretty good too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hoyer as a backup. He was a good playoff game away from being a very, very hot commodity this offseason...now of course he had a horrible game, so...