• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait and see what the Titans gave up first before claims of a bailout are made. Murray is a talented back he was just in the wrong system. If Tennessee gave up a 3rd or higher then scream all you want about a bailout, a 4th is probably fair and a 5th or lower is in Tennessee's favor.
I agree, it's all about the pick. As far as on the field, Murray should help them the next couple of years IMO, which is important for their young QB's development

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we could talk to Sanu, but sounds like the Pats have their hooks in him. He is a legit #2 and will do great in their system.

I agree with you about Sanu. He would have been a nice pick up for Dallas.

One would think Mike Wallace could be affordable, after having consecutive down years. I wonder if he would be interested in a short term deal to rebuild his value? Could be a very dangerous receiver to have opposite a healthy Dez Bryant.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just concerned about the number of concussions McClain has racked up the past couple years. Hopefully he is consistently healthy this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he is ready to play this year. Last year did not go well at all for him. If we get the guy from two years ago, I'm more than thrilled. If we get the guy we dealt with last year I'm looking at who else we are adding too...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait and see what the Titans gave up first before claims of a bailout are made. Murray is a talented back he was just in the wrong system. If Tennessee gave up a 3rd or higher then scream all you want about a bailout, a 4th is probably fair and a 5th or lower is in Tennessee's favor.

Geoff Mosher of 97.5 in Philadelphia is reporting that the Titans swapped 4th round picks with the Eagles in exchange for DeMarco Murray. If true, that means the Titans move from pick 97 (2nd pick of 4th round) to pick 110 (15th pick in 4th round). I would say that is a steal, but I don't think steal is a strong enough word. Jon Robinson upgraded the running back position astronomically without even giving up a pick. All he did was move down 13 spots.

The only question I have left is where has Jon Robinson been all of our lives?? This is officially a trade that has no downside. A lot of people are knocking the Titans because Murray didn't look good last year. I believe that was a result of being in the wrong system, but even if it wasn't and Murray truly is done, all Robinson gave up was 13 spots in the 4th round. That is HUGE!!!!1

Murray has also agreed to rework the five-year, $40 million contract with $21 million guaranteed that he signed with Philadelphia last year, The Associated Press reported Monday night, citing a source.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we could talk to Sanu, but sounds like the Pats have their hooks in him. He is a legit #2 and will do great in their system.

Keeping Sanu might be more important to the Bengals after this?

Lions land Marvin Jones to help fill void left by retiring Calvin Johnson

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

March 9, 2016 10:45 am ET

The wide receiver pool in free agency (and, honestly, in the draft) isn't strong. And it just got weaker with Marvin Jones reportedly going to Detroit.

According to Dianna Russini of ESPN, the Lions landed the former Bengals player, snagging the top wide receiver on Pete Prisco's Free Agency Rankings ahead of the new league year starting at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

See where Pete Prisco's Top 50 names go

NFL Network's Ian Rappoport reports the deal will be worth roughly $8 million per year.

It's good to be the top option, even when the options aren't that great.

Unfortunately for Marvin, he's got some big shoes to fill!

Calvin Johnson announced his retirement from the Lions on Tuesday, meaning Golden Tateis the top option along with Jones in Detroit.

Matthew Stafford won't have his security blanket there anymore, but he's got two good options in Jones and Tate, along with tight end Eric Ebron. The Lions play down the stretch under Jim Bob Cooter will keep optimism running high.

So will the cost involved here.

Jones feels good about what he got paid too, though, telling Mike Silver of NFL Network it "wasn't about the money, it was about the opportunity."

Travis Benjamin is the next-highest wideout on Prisco's list and he's expected to land with the Chargers when free agency begins.

After that it falls off a cliff, with Rishard Matthews, Reuben Randle, Jermaine Kearse and Kamar Aiken heading up the list of guys available. Woof, Buzz.

img25510065.jpg
Marvin Jones is going to Detroit. (USATSI)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce carter back in Dallas would not hurt my feelings any. He was a solid player while he was here not great but solid.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is jerruh a grudge holder? very few times has he brought back a former player that took more money elsewhere. the only one I remember was Alvin harper,but he rarely saw the field and was cut. I could live with bringing DWARE back,buy that is the exception

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY SI WIRE

Posted: Wed Mar. 9, 2016

The Washington Redskins will re-sign quarterback Colt McCoy, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

McCoy, 29, will serve as the backup signal caller to Kirk Cousins in 2016, following the departure of Robert Griffin III.

McCoy played in two games last season, registering seven completions in 11 attempts for 128 yards and one touchdown. In his six NFL seasons, McCoy has made 35 appearances with 5,586 passing yards, 26 touchdowns and 23 interceptions.

A third round selection by the Browns in the 2010 draft out of Texas, McCoy spent three seasons in Cleveland before spending one with the San Francisco 49ers, prior to joining the Redskins in 2014.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geoff Mosher of 97.5 in Philadelphia is reporting that the Titans swapped 4th round picks with the Eagles in exchange for DeMarco Murray. If true, that means the Titans move from pick 97 (2nd pick of 4th round) to pick 110 (15th pick in 4th round). I would say that is a steal, but I don't think steal is a strong enough word. Jon Robinson upgraded the running back position astronomically without even giving up a pick. All he did was move down 13 spots.

The only question I have left is where has Jon Robinson been all of our lives?? This is officially a trade that has no downside. A lot of people are knocking the Titans because Murray didn't look good last year. I believe that was a result of being in the wrong system, but even if it wasn't and Murray truly is done, all Robinson gave up was 13 spots in the 4th round. That is HUGE!!!!1

Murray has also agreed to rework the five-year, $40 million contract with $21 million guaranteed that he signed with Philadelphia last year, The Associated Press reported Monday night, citing a source.
Fantastic deal for the Titans. Eagles are DOA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The downside is Murray's contract.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how they reworked that contract
I'd be surprised if it costs Murray even one penny.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is jerruh a grudge holder? very few times has he brought back a former player that took more money elsewhere. the only one I remember was Alvin harper,but he rarely saw the field and was cut. I could live with bringing DWARE back,buy that is the exception
Are you friggin kidding me? After all the stuff you said year after year about Ware being soft and overpaid and overrated and not any good now you want to bring him back!!!:gaah:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Weddle stays on the Market the better it is for the Cowboys. Let the big spenders spend, and after the smoke settles hopefully the Cowboys can sign 1 or 2 players who will be both affordable and obvious upgrades. Don't open money on lateral moves. Would like to have Prince over Mo though. Cruz would look good in Dallas to.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is my #1 target this off season. Put him next to Jones at Safety, and draft Ramsey or Hargreaves to play CB with Scandrick, and this secondary will be light years better than it has been in a long time.

After that we would just need to find Dline help, another LBer, backup QB, Rb and a competent #2 WR.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weddle is my #1 target this off season. Put him next to Jones at Safety, and draft Ramsey or Hargreaves to play CB with Scandrick, and this secondary will be light years better than it has been in a long time.

After that we would just need to find Dline help, another LBer, backup QB, Rb and a competent #2 WR.

unless we make some roster moves or restructure some existing deals, we only have approximately 5M left in cap space after re-signing Rolando