• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Riles for a second, the guy is getting up there in age - the reloading/rebuilding process has started sooner than expected. Do you think his replacement is already waiting in the wings, or is his replacement someone we have to start looking for?

This organization has remained competitive and relevant because of him, and remains in Miami because of him and our current owner.

Is it time to look for the next Riley or simply the next to replace Riley?

I think Spo's a good coach. He's still a long way from Pop, but who isn't?

I'm glad the Heat didn't cave into Lebron's demands.

I think Zo may be the replacement for Riley. I could be wrong though.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zo may be the replacement for Riley. I could be wrong though.

We will be in great shape if that is the case

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of remaining FAs: Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe, Shawn Marion, Glen Davis, Andray Blatche, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ramon Sessions, Ed Davis...

Best of remaining FAs (cont.):Ray Allen, Mo Williams, Evan Turner, Emeka Okafor, Jameer Nelson, Jordan Crawford, John Salmons, Xavier Henry.

Per Ira Winderman

Any guys you would want to target, outside of Ray ?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised at how many quality players are still available

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crawford who won't sign for what we can offer. He would be perfect...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of remaining FAs: Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe, Shawn Marion, Glen Davis, Andray Blatche, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ramon Sessions, Ed Davis...

Best of remaining FAs (cont.):Ray Allen, Mo Williams, Evan Turner, Emeka Okafor, Jameer Nelson, Jordan Crawford, John Salmons, Xavier Henry.

Per Ira Winderman

Any guys you would want to target, outside of Ray ?

I'd love Greg Monroe. But that's wishful thinking given our limited salary cap space.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this question on the main board, but didnt see many responses from my fellow Heat fans.

Does Lebron get or deserve to get his Jersey hung in in the Miami rafters when he retires? And even Ray Allen when he retires?

Should Miami allow a guy like JJ to come back and retire a Heat? (I would have loved for JJ to retire a Heat, but now that he left us to follow LBJ, I wouldnt take him back)

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I asked this question on the main board, but didnt see many responses from my fellow Heat fans.

Does Lebron get or deserve to get his Jersey hung in in the Miami rafters when he retires? And even Ray Allen when he retires?

Should Miami allow a guy like JJ to come back and retire a Heat? (I would have loved for JJ to retire a Heat, but now that he left us to follow LBJ, I wouldnt take him back)
Ray Allen hit a wonderful shot but being here only 2 years does not constitute a jersey being retired. Otherwise, Gary Payton would be retired. Jones was only here 6 years so no. Lebron perhaps at some point since we have Jordan's and Marion's numbers retired in our house....Wade and Haslem may get a statute...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen hit a wonderful shot but being here only 2 years does not constitute a jersey being retired. Otherwise, Gary Payton would be retired. Jones was only here 6 years so no. Lebron perhaps at some point since we have Jordan's and Marion's numbers retired in our house....Wade and Haslem may get a statute...

I think you mean Dan Marino's jersey, not Sean Marion's. I don't think Lebron will get his jersey retired quite honestly. Shaq helped win a title and he didn't get his jersey retired. Ray Allen hit a great shot that will go down in the vault as one of the most clutch shots in NBA history. But being here for two years doesn't qualify as getting your jersey retired. The only players right now who deserve their jersey retired is UD and Wade. If Bosh retires here then I include him as well, he's already getting there in my book.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Wade getting a statue outside.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Miller and Jones recruiting Ray Allen. Also, Wiggins now on the table to trade for Love. Cleveland trying to become the new big 3. The problem is that their owner shot that down when they were negoitating the last CBA...comical.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Jones recruiting Ray Allen. Also, Wiggins now on the table to trade for Love. Cleveland trying to become the new big 3. The problem is that their owner shot that down when they were negoitating the last CBA...comical.

Miller said they're trying to get Ray Allen to join him and James Jones in Cleveland to become Miami north. I think he doesn't realize that Miami was constituted of three main pieces in Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Not Jones and Miller.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing Riles has been good at is honoring former players who have contributed to the team on the court but also off it. JJ is a home-town hero having played HS, College and in the NBA in Miami for that he deserves to be honored by the Heat in some way - does that mean he gets his jersey retired? I dont know if they will go that far. The two guys we retired were not only great players/people within our organization, and still are , and they had longevity with the Heat despite having played elsewhere. In that regard, I still think JJ gets an honor, not sure about getting a jersey retired though - as for Mike Miller, same as JJ, he will get honored by no jersey retired - despite the good he has done for the team on and off the court, long before he retires he will have played on a couple of other teams.

As for Ray Allen, he has been on multiple teams as well and accomplished a heck of a lot on each team - Again, not sure about a jersey retirement but surely he will get honored.

Wade shouldve had a statue sitting outside AAArena hours after re-signing - I dont know whats taking so long there. CB will get his jersey retired as a Heat, though I am sure the Raptors will do something as they have loved him even after he left.

Queen James accomplished a lot while in Miami, but after the way he left, I dont think he deserves something as big as retiring his jersey. Just honor him with a framed jersey or something of that sort as they have done for a few guys already and move on. Where it gets interesting is when he retires, if he will go in as a Heat or Cavs player. I STRONGLY doubt he will ever win a title with that lousy organization and something tells me his career will last a few years left than it would have had he stayed in Miami or gone to a better team.

As I said, he wont win any titles there, so his only titles will be as a Heat only he bolts to another championship caliber team. I would think you would want to retire and get inducted into the HOF representing the team you were most successful with whether they happen to be your home town team or not.

But, we shall see - Knowing how much of diva Queen James is, he may just want to retire and get into the hall of fame without representing any team

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off... Jordan's jersey being retired is flat out stupid. he never played for us..he didn't break down the color barrier. it's just stupid.

with that said, no Lebron jersey retirement. only 4 seasons. you need more than that for me. Honestly, the only retired jerseys Miami should have is Wade/Zo/Hardaway. Bosh could get there for me if he plays the next 5 season at an all star level. then you have a 9 year player who was an all-star multiple times and at least a 2 time champion. But he isn't there yet. Haslem is a no for me as well. Love the guy. Love everything about him. His basketball skill level is not enough to hang jerseys from rafters over.