• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Lebron's letter was genuine, but there were definitely more than just one reason or factor that played into his decision to leave

1) He wants less pressure
- I think the pressure to win a title every year wore down on Lebron. Being a part of the Miami Heat and the big 3, Lebron feels like the expectations are he "has" to win a title each year. In Cleveland, he probably feels like he will ultimately "have to" win one, but he won't be expected to win and go to the finals every year.

2) Youth
- Lebron trusts Riley to build a championship roster for the short term, but he is unsure of the long term future. With Cleveland he sees a young rising star in Kyrie and potential elite player if he develops in Andrew Wiggins. It sucks, but Lebron probably feels concerned about Wade's knees and his future to be a good player. He probably sees Kyrie as someone who is almost near Wade's current productions with the potential to get better, whereas Wade as someone who is on a guaranteed decline.

I personally think Wade still has a few good years in him and if he can reinvent himself and add a 3 pt shot to his repertoire he can play into his mid 30s to late 30s and still be effective like a Vince Carter still is

3) Akron
- Lebron is just someone that needs to be liked and loved, particularly by people from his hometown. He's just not the type to play a villain. He wants to be the good guy and wants to be liked. Which is why 2011 was easily the year he likes least.

Going back to Cleveland helps him patch up the wounds and mend his relationship with his hometown.

With that being said. Now that Riley has worked his magic (Hail Riley) and turned a team that was immediately 60/1 odds to win the title back to one that will be competitive and could potentially challenge for the title if the right things fall into place. A Miami-Cleveland rivalry could develop and overthrow the Miami-Indy rivalry.

It's gonna be great. I can't wait for the season (and football season) to start already. The day the NBA scheduled is released is going to be a big event. Everyone is going to want to know when does Miami play Cleveland in Miami

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Lebron's letter was genuine, but there were definitely more than just one reason or factor that played into his decision to leave

1) He wants less pressure
- I think the pressure to win a title every year wore down on Lebron. Being a part of the Miami Heat and the big 3, Lebron feels like the expectations are he "has" to win a title each year. In Cleveland, he probably feels like he will ultimately "have to" win one, but he won't be expected to win and go to the finals every year.

2) Youth
- Lebron trusts Riley to build a championship roster for the short term, but he is unsure of the long term future. With Cleveland he sees a young rising star in Kyrie and potential elite player if he develops in Andrew Wiggins. It sucks, but Lebron probably feels concerned about Wade's knees and his future to be a good player. He probably sees Kyrie as someone who is almost near Wade's current productions with the potential to get better, whereas Wade as someone who is on a guaranteed decline.

I personally think Wade still has a few good years in him and if he can reinvent himself and add a 3 pt shot to his repertoire he can play into his mid 30s to late 30s and still be effective like a Vince Carter still is

3) Akron
- Lebron is just someone that needs to be liked and loved, particularly by people from his hometown. He's just not the type to play a villain. He wants to be the good guy and wants to be liked. Which is why 2011 was easily the year he likes least.

Going back to Cleveland helps him patch up the wounds and mend his relationship with his hometown.

With that being said. Now that Riley has worked his magic (Hail Riley) and turned a team that was immediately 60/1 odds to win the title back to one that will be competitive and could potentially challenge for the title if the right things fall into place. A Miami-Cleveland rivalry could develop and overthrow the Miami-Indy rivalry.

It's gonna be great. I can't wait for the season (and football season) to start already. The day the NBA scheduled is released is going to be a big event. Everyone is going to want to know when does Miami play Cleveland in Miami

The move was about power. The letter in SI was a PR piece. A brilliant one.. but a PR piece. He wanted more control. He gets it in Cleveland. A opt out after 1 season? Really? Wonder why that is in the contract... Dan Gilbert works for Lebron, not the other way around right now.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Heat are presently constructed, we essentially traded LeBron James for Luol Deng and have upgraded at the role positions. McRoberts and Granger should bring more to the table than Shane Battier and Ray Allen did. We can get to the ECF with this team if things fall into place.

We still have one more move to make if we are to get out of the East. Monroe.. Boozer.. something.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today when I was reading ask ira on the sun sentinel, he said that the heat are trying to get away from those guys who can only shoot 3s as they still have enough players currently who can hit the 3 ball and keep the d honest in Chalmers, cole, bosh, granger, deng, and mcRoberts

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did LeBron James timing sabotage Miami Heat? - Sun Sentinel

Here is the latest ask ira and what bks mentioned. Yes, what Queen James did was sabotage the Heat. Something someone shouldnt do to an organization that helped get to a title - no matter how much of that work was done by you(Lebron). This was classless. But as is the case already, LB will get away with it. The only way we get redemption from this is if we win a title without him as we have done before - or even better, if he never wins one again which is possible in Cleveland

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I for one, am glad we are getting rid of that “strictly 3 point shooters”, type shooters -- It was this, more than a lack of size or lack of anything that hurt us in the rebounding area.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of creativity with Birdman’s contract, Heat can still fit Haslem into space, could possibly use $2.7M exception elsewhere.

Per Ira Winderman

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go away from guys who can only shoot, James Jones is out and Rashard is likely as well. Amnesty day tomorrow. Unless Bulls got a trade up their sleeve or a salary cap death wish.. Boozer could be here. If he does, I think we have to be one of the top 3 favorites in the East. If Cavs land Love, then they are clear favorites to start the season.

Not happy LeBron left, but will make for a more interesting regular season.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we go away from guys who can only shoot, James Jones is out and Rashard is likely as well. Amnesty day tomorrow. Unless Bulls got a trade up their sleeve or a salary cap death wish.. Boozer could be here. If he does, I think we have to be one of the top 3 favorites in the East. If Cavs land Love, then they are clear favorites to start the season.

Not happy LeBron left, but will make for a more interesting regular season.
Don't think we have the cap space based on how we are operating to even but in a mid. Would be curious to know what others have seen, heard or think. We are NOT getting Monroe. He is a max guy and restricted agent so we have no space and Detroit won't let him walk.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hope his body can hold up, DWADE just tweeted. Home is Where the Heart Is...My Home, My City, My House. Has him and the 3 NBA banners behind him. Seems like he is moving on through the stages of grief and is now at anger/resolve. Let's Go.....Heat! Could be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade makes it official and there seems to be no truth to the Bledsoe-Heat rumors according to Ira

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can confirm report -- 1st by AP -- that Wade's deal is 1 year plus option. Heat wanted flexibility in 2016. Got it. And he sacrificed again.

Via Ethan Skolnick

Nice to see 2 of the big 3 willing to sacrifice for the better of the team.

I will say this to all those who say and who have ever said, LB is the most under-paid athlete in the history of sports - I love the Heat, all my cities teams and every sport out there - But lets be real, atheletes are not under-paid at all, if anything highly over-paid. They are just playing a fucking game. There are more people out there doing bigger and better jobs, constantly sacrificing more in life than any of these guys would ever be willing to sacrifice. I understand the high risk of injury and all that - but still highly overpaid individuals. This is why I hope the NBA increases the age limit which will make guys stay in school longer and increase their chances of having an education in case sports doesnt work out.

That said, there was a story out today about the #1 HS prospect going oversees to avoid the NCAA - Hopefully, there is a way to close that loophole that guys are eligible after a certain amount of years out of HS or playing oversees. Make these kids go to school and get education.

Ok im done with what I am sure you will think is an unnecessary and incoherent rant. Just sick and tired of the sense of entitlement by some people. Tired of it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ByTimReynolds: With Dwyane Wade, sources say it's a two-year deal with a player option for next season. Expect about $16-17M this season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Udonis Haslem’s Miami Heat return being finalized at the moment.

Per Ira Winderman.

I think with the signings of UD and Wade, we have brought back just about every guy from last season that will comeback, so I think we can now focus on going back out there and filling the roster spot with outside options - though there is a chance JJ returns and I think some of us, though few, are hoping for that?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can confirm report -- 1st by AP -- that Wade's deal is 1 year plus option. Heat wanted flexibility in 2016. Got it. And he sacrificed again.

Via Ethan Skolnick

Nice to see 2 of the big 3 willing to sacrifice for the better of the team.

I will say this to all those who say and who have ever said, LB is the most under-paid athlete in the history of sports - I love the Heat, all my cities teams and every sport out there - But lets be real, atheletes are not under-paid at all, if anything highly over-paid. They are just playing a fucking game. There are more people out there doing bigger and better jobs, constantly sacrificing more in life than any of these guys would ever be willing to sacrifice. I understand the high risk of injury and all that - but still highly overpaid individuals. This is why I hope the NBA increases the age limit which will make guys stay in school longer and increase their chances of having an education in case sports doesnt work out.

That said, there was a story out today about the #1 HS prospect going oversees to avoid the NCAA - Hopefully, there is a way to close that loophole that guys are eligible after a certain amount of years out of HS or playing oversees. Make these kids go to school and get education.

Ok im done with what I am sure you will think is an unnecessary and incoherent rant. Just sick and tired of the sense of entitlement by some people. Tired of it.
Paolo - disagree with the rant a bit. You are worth whatever the market bears. Folks who put an arbitrary cap on something are doing it for their pockets and not for the demand out there.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ByTimReynolds: With Dwyane Wade, sources say it's a two-year deal with a player option for next season. Expect about $16-17M this season
Wade got screwed out of $6M. Thanks Lebron #Lafamilia

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Wade on course to play full Miami career w/o ever being top-paid player on any Heat team (E.Jones, Shaq, Marion, J.O’Neal, LeBron, Bosh)

Per Michael Wallace

A statue in front of AAArena should not take long at this point, right?