• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a better deal than the one Kobe has over the next two..LOL. Bosh is an all star and you will see his numbers go up dramatically without Lebron. Good get by the Heat. Signed the 3rd or 4th best player in free agency. Possibly overpaid but you have to do what you have to do.

I don't think Miami over paid at all. He was offered max by Houston. Our contract kept him here. If he had left and went to Houston.. how much money does the Heat lose when we go 22-60 next year and don't even sniff the playoffs. Bosh was a huge part of those 2 titles. We keep a 9 time all-star and 2 time champion.. we also have roughly 30 million to fill in the pieces around him.

As fans we have shitted on Chris Bosh at times. I don't think his talents were used right because of how good LeBron and Wade were. He will be a bigger focal point of the offense now obviously. I think Chris Bosh will return to the 20/10 player he was in Toronto with the increase touches.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't hate LeBron. 2 titles. 27 game win streak. 4 finals in a row. 2 MVPs. Helluva run. Glad he came here.

I think people are pissed at how he left. If he wanted to go to Cleveland and return home, that's cool. But don't start asking Miami to draft Napier. Don't say you want McRoberts. Don't play this long coy game where you need to talk to everyone. Nothing has changed between Cleveland and Miami in months. Sure Cleveland cleared cap space.. Miami got McRoberts and Granger. But his essay in SI made it clear he wanted to be the guy who came back and showed north east Ohio was a great place. Basically, Miami was out unless the whole city moved to Ohio. Fine, but just say it on July 2nd or 3rd.. and let Riley do what he had to do.
This...Lebron did us no favors at the end, but if he was leaving then why would he. He became the competition. Oh well, he did get Bosh a max deal and Wade more than he was going to get anyway. The hypocritical thing about the Lebron essay is he stays if we beat the Spurs...for at least one more year. And so we move on...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flauge is right, what pisses me off most is how he left. He could have made this move quicker and earlier and let the Heat continue to move forward. Some may say why would a guy that will now be an opposing team do anything to help his former? Well, just like the Heat organization, fans owe a lot to LB, he also owes a lot, if not more to the heat organization. The Heat gave him a place to play and the pieces he lacked elsewhere to win a title. LB needs little help to help his brand, but being in this city, in this organization, with these players helped that a great deal.

All this talk about is he the best of all time or if he can be mentioned in that conversation, the only reason he can be mentioned in that conversation even more so now than ever before is because of his time with the Heat and the pieces around him that helped him build his legacy.

LB owes as much to the Heat as they do to him - And the Heat have already expressed their gratitude towards him for it - He has yet to do it back and that is a HUGE problem.

Also something pointed out by Flauge, why ask the Heat to get all these guys , go on twitter and publicly praise the pick up as if you are happy and on board with it, then bolt like a pussy? In a sense, he misguided the organization and that is as wrong as anything else he could have done.

I mentioned yesterday that his face was vandalized in the painting in Art District/Wynwood, later some other fans replaced it with one of those Lebron fatheads they once gave at a game. I thought the vandalism was a bit childish, but also a well done and deserved move - I think anyone being critical of Heat fans showing any sense of displeasure towards him leaving is just stupid -- People can express their displeasure in any way they want - you dont have to like it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron essay is he stays if we beat the Spurs...for at least one more year. And so we move on...

So he is a diva and a hyprocite? That is EXACTLY why im glad he is gone. That just not the kind of guy you want to be apart of this organization. We are better than that.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen James move was more about just going home - it was about him walking out on the Heat after a failure of a season and falling short of expectations. It was about trying to get the spotlight back on him in any way he could after he failed to do it in the finals.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph Goodman of the Miami Herald twitted this out:Heat doesn't have LeBron anymore, but a lot of good people both on and off the court remain. Miami will be back.

This is as true as ever. This is what the Heat is about. Quality players, but quality people on and off the court and I think CB1 is the epitome of that along with UD and others on this squad.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully deals get done for Wade and UD today as well as other pick ups to help. Birdman is being pursued by Houston and Dallas. What happens with Parsons will dictate. As you know, Birdman is from Texas, but so is Bosh and he returns to Miami

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have pointed out, much of what Heat do from here comes down to order has to be done, in terms of cap, exceptions, perhaps trades.

Per Ira Winderman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing reports the LA Fakers seem to be out of the running for Lance Stephenson - any interest for him here? I know he isnt liked by many, including me but hey -

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant find it now, so you can correct me on the years but I believe it is 2015 or 16 that Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant will be the prized possesions in FA - Think the Heat are in position to pursue them, along with some of the pieces we currently have in place?

I will say this, though - KD would seem difficult to get as he seems loyal to OKC no matter what after he committed to that big contract a few years back. The kid is as humble as you will ever as we saw from his MVP speech. But he would be nice to have and could get us back into title contention.

Anthony Davis would be nice to have but would be good to make sure he isnt injury riddled.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seeing reports the LA Fakers seem to be out of the running for Lance Stephenson - any interest for him here? I know he isnt liked by many, including me but hey -
No thanks..wants too much and a real head case. I would not be surprised if the hold up with Wade and Haslem is to try and make a last minute run at Melo. Otherwise, I think the Heat round out the roster with Beasley and Deng. We will need a center and some 3 point shooters.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks..wants too much and a real head case. I would not be surprised if the hold up with Wade and Haslem is to try and make a last minute run at Melo. Otherwise, I think the Heat round out the roster with Beasley and Deng. We will need a center and some 3 point shooters.

No doubt he is a head case. But, even though the moments were few and far between, we saw what the kid is capable of when he has his mind right. He can carry his team for a decent amount of time until the main men on the team get going.

I would not be surprised if the hold up with Wade and Haslem is to try and make a last minute run at Melo.

I have a strong sense this is in fact the hold up

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid article. Houston was willing to give him the max to be the 3rd option

Very stupid. I dont agree with it. Just brought it in here for you guys to see and discuss.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No interest in Stephenson from me. He is talented. He is fierce. But he is also a freaking cancer. Look at what happened to Indy when he started becoming more of the focus there. Paul George wouldn't even say he wanted to play with him next season when asked in a press conference. He's going to get 9-10 million and he is not a good guy to have in the locker room. I'd rather giver that money to a guy like Deng and have someone who wont be an asshat.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI is now reporting a deal with Pau and the Bulls is close to being finalized so we might as well just scratch him off the wish list

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he is a head case. But, even though the moments were few and far between, we saw what the kid is capable of when he has his mind right. He can carry his team for a decent amount of time until the main men on the team get going.

I have a strong sense this is in fact the hold up

I really really hope you are right. Man, what a coup that would be for Riley to accomplish. I would demand Riley go into the hall of fame next weekend if he did that. I know he is already in, but .. give. it. to. me. again.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he pulls it off, which there is no reason to think he won’t, this city needs to honor him in some fashion.