• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something not being discussed about LeBron and Gilbert situation ... Gilbert put up a picture of Delonte West on the team's main page immediately following LeBron's decision in 2010. We all know the rumors.. true or not, I just don't get how a guy could go play for someone who does that. But he did. No ill will from me. Just really want Miami to beat the Cavs in the playoffs. I want LeBron's season to end in Miami. 2010 full circle.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen James season will end after 82 games.... no worries.
true or not, I just don't get how a guy could go play for someone who does that. But he did. No ill will from me.

The guy is a confused soul - this and prior decisions he has made on and off the court prove it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI is reporting the Cavs are interested in adding Kevin Love now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several contenders pursuing Chris "Birdman" Andersen, front office sources tell Yahoo. Heat want to keep him, but suitors coming hard.

Via @WojYahooNBA

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing on Queen James - many are saying the return home shows how much he has “grown” what it shows is how much of a coward he truly is. Thats the truth

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really glad Bosh decided to come back. Thought it was a foregone conclusion that he would go to Houston after they had traded Lin.

I'm hearing that Miami is going to give Wade the max. While I think he deserves it as Mr. Miami, I would prefer him getting 15 mil just so Miami can have flexibility to bring in some guys in Lebron's absence.

Maybe with all the cap space opened up we can aim our targets at getting a big prize like Eric Bledsoe or Greg Monroe.

That or land Ariza/Deng and some shooters like Morrow.

I think Miami is still a top 4 or 5 team in the East with this roster.

I think with Lebron gone now Bosh can truly blossom and show us that what kind of player he really is. I'm confident that he can average 21-23 + pts a game now. I'm also a believer in Wade still having enough in the tank to be a very good player. Lebron leaving is only going to give Wade that much more motivation to play at a high level.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logicallylethal, the Heat gave Bosh a max contract earlier today, dont think they will do that for another player again during this FA period, at least definetly not Wade. Props to him for staying and seeing this through, but I just dont think his reward will be/or should be a max contract - I agree he has something left in the tank, but not enough to warrant a max contract at this point - especially now that Queen James is gone, we have to be more careful about how we spend our money so we can continue to add pieces.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade doesn't deserve max... But 5 years 55 million? that's good. Leaves enough money for other free agents.. Monroe from Detroit?

I know this has been said.. but damn it.. I will say it here again.. I hope Riley has talked to Carmelo. Who knows. New Big 3?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wade doesn't deserve max... But 5 years 55 million? that's good. Leaves enough money for other free agents.. Monroe from Detroit?

I know this has been said.. but damn it.. I will say it here again.. I hope Riley has talked to Carmelo. Who knows. New Big 3?
Not sure we can sign him with McRoberts and Grainger deals. Interested to see who we get. May still be fun.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we can sign him with McRoberts and Grainger deals. Interested to see who we get. May still be fun.

why not? we were going to sign him with those deals if LeBron took max

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be really disappointed in miller and allen if they follow lbj to Cleveland. Dont follow him like a lost puppy dog. Fuck lebron. Glad to see Bosh show some character.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ill be really disappointed in miller and allen if they follow lbj to Cleveland. Dont follow him like a lost puppy dog. Fuck lebron. Glad to see Bosh show some character.
Miller will follow him no doubt. Sold him on the possibility of bringing a championship to Cleveland. Ray Allen should go to where he can contend or stay in Miami and be paid his Bird Rights...He has a great home in Miami.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we will be a top 4 seed out East possibly top 3

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we will be a top 4 seed out East possibly top 3

agreed. Bosh/Wade is enough to make the playoffs in the East. Plus now we have LeBron's money to bring in free agents... I think it is likely we land ariza or deng. We will still have enough cash for another guy possibly 2. I would like to see us get either ariza or deng and then get Greg Monroe. the numbers should work for that. Shabazz/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Monroe is a pretty solid team. Haslem/McRobers/Cole/Granger off the bench isn't to bad either. In the East that team is a contender. Especially if Wade's knees hold up.. which they did this year. He played fine all the way up to the finals. even had a really good game 1 in the finals.

we are going to be okay. we aren't going to be the clear favorite to come out of the East.. but we are going to have a shot at it.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see alot of you guys really upset at Lebron James and may hate him now... But basically all we did was rent Lebron for 4 years... Home was always Cleveland to him. So I'll put it this way. If lebron would have said that he would come to miami for 4 years and then head back home after, wouldn't you guys still have taken him???

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
118 million isnt character. :L
Its a better deal than the one Kobe has over the next two..LOL. Bosh is an all star and you will see his numbers go up dramatically without Lebron. Good get by the Heat. Signed the 3rd or 4th best player in free agency. Possibly overpaid but you have to do what you have to do.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see alot of you guys really upset at Lebron James and may hate him now... But basically all we did was rent Lebron for 4 years... Home was always Cleveland to him. So I'll put it this way. If lebron would have said that he would come to miami for 4 years and then head back home after, wouldn't you guys still have taken him???

I don't hate LeBron. 2 titles. 27 game win streak. 4 finals in a row. 2 MVPs. Helluva run. Glad he came here.

I think people are pissed at how he left. If he wanted to go to Cleveland and return home, that's cool. But don't start asking Miami to draft Napier. Don't say you want McRoberts. Don't play this long coy game where you need to talk to everyone. Nothing has changed between Cleveland and Miami in months. Sure Cleveland cleared cap space.. Miami got McRoberts and Granger. But his essay in SI made it clear he wanted to be the guy who came back and showed north east Ohio was a great place. Basically, Miami was out unless the whole city moved to Ohio. Fine, but just say it on July 2nd or 3rd.. and let Riley do what he had to do.