• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So Heat brothers...what is our Plan B? Sounds like no Lebron means no Bosh. What do the Heat do at that point? I can respect a free agent for leaving and for leaving to his hometown. However, why would he not just have told Riley early on in free agency that he was bolting, so that the team could have a shot at retooling. Right now, with these players, we are in a real bind. We have potentially Wade, McRoberts, Grainger, Haslem, Cole, Napier, Ennis and Hamilton under contract and that is it. What is plan B? Do the Heat go over Deng and Monroe if they can't get Bosh to reup?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the clowns on this board may call it an over-reaction since they have a tendency of being apologist for this teams shortcomings and makes excuses for them - But, the fact that LB has not yet made a decision to this point has to be alarming. If the guy was really considering coming back to the Heat, I think he would’ve/couldve and shouldve done it rather quickly - The fact that it is already gone on this long gives the impression he is seriously considering going elsewhere and that he eventually will.

That is why I have been saying all along that I wouldnt be surprised if he is gone. This circus needs to end.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, why would he not just have told Riley early on in free agency that he was bolting, so that the team could have a shot at retooling.

Like I have said before and been criticized for, I understand they took less money for the sake of winning titles, and that is commendable but that doesnt mean he/they arent divas - This guy is the ultimate diva, they mave have taken less money but they posses other qualities that make them a diva - the way Lebron is going about this makes him just that - I am sure the other two guys want to return to the Heat but they have to wait on this circus to make their announcement.

At this point, it is better for him to just leave. I am sure that if he does return it will be on a short deal so we can have this circus again soon. He loves the spotlight and refuses to let anyone else have it.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Heat brothers...what is our Plan B? Sounds like no Lebron means no Bosh. What do the Heat do at that point? I can respect a free agent for leaving and for leaving to his hometown. However, why would he not just have told Riley early on in free agency that he was bolting, so that the team could have a shot at retooling. Right now, with these players, we are in a real bind. We have potentially Wade, McRoberts, Grainger, Haslem, Cole, Napier, Ennis and Hamilton under contract and that is it. What is plan B? Do the Heat go over Deng and Monroe if they can't get Bosh to reup?

im not convinced we don't get LeBron. but if we don't, then bosh is gone to. youre right about that. we still have money. we probably land lance Stephenson. maybe Pau too. then you got a solid a team. the east is weak. we likely still make the playoffs or at least contend for it. we have money. Miami is still attractive. we wont be going to the finals.. but we just save money and try to land big name free agent next year or trade for one that gets unhappy whenever that happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is a Plan B - There shouldnt be one. There should only be a Plan A and that should simply consist of doing WHATEVER it takes to make our organization better whether Diva James is on board or not, that should be our biggest concern - not some attention hungry clown.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron leaves I would never speak to him again if I'm D-Wade. It would be such a bitch move to leave Miami after Wade/CB opted out to give the team more flexibility only to have you leave the team.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know bk. LeBron may have been straight up honest with them and they did this other stuff on their own. Miami will take care of DWade. He will get 4 year 50 million. Bosh has max offer out there. Now if LeBron promised to come back and doesn't, then you got a point. But we have no idea what has been said.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron James leaves the Miami Heat, Chris Bosh is headed to the Houston Rockets, per ESPN.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I am just going to say this. I think McRoberts is overrated. I know LeBron wants him and he is regarded as one of the best passing bigs in the league and he can run some point. But he is still 8 points a game at 30 minutes. just not overly impressed. hope I am wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a role player. Better than the garbage we had before and younger

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I am just going to say this. I think McRoberts is overrated. I know LeBron wants him and he is regarded as one of the best passing bigs in the league and he can run some point. But he is still 8 points a game at 30 minutes. just not overly impressed. hope I am wrong.

He is far better than scrub battier - that is for sure

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't a role player if Bosh leaves. he is a starter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't a role player if Bosh leaves. he is a starter.

Pat will make another move. You gotta remember there's only 2-3 players under contract. Pat will have a lot of moves to make either way

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust in Pat. I have no doubts we will be a playoff caliber team next year possibly vying for home court. We got money to spend. Miami is a nice place to live. I just like being a title contender. We aren't without LeBron and Bosh. But if they leave, what can you do?

Just buy your time and try to pull a trade for a star who gets upset with his current situation. Pat has built and rebuilt this team 3 times in his time here. I don't doubt he can do it again.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSSports.com APP

Diva James dictates everyone's destiny it seems and seems like only he can win in this situation

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I trust in Pat. I have no doubts we will be a playoff caliber team next year possibly vying for home court. We got money to spend. Miami is a nice place to live. I just like being a title contender. We aren't without LeBron and Bosh. But if they leave, what can you do?

Just buy your time and try to pull a trade for a star who gets upset with his current situation. Pat has built and rebuilt this team 3 times in his time here. I don't doubt he can do it again.
I don't think Bosh leaves. He likes it here, his wife does to, and he said he was staying. The only one of the big 3 to actually say he would stay. Why would he not stay in Miami with close to a max deal? Posted on the other board, but what do you guys think about Wade, Bosh, McRoberts, Grainger, Monroe, Deng, Cole, etc. Perhaps, this is our plan B. Also, if I were the Heat, then Wade's 4 year deal would be something like this... $17 million in year one, $15 million in year two, $12 million in year three and $10 million in year 4....could make it worth his while and pay him commensurate with his skills.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andre.. I was thinking about the Wade contract. I think it would be wise if Lebron bolts to front load the contract. his knee is missing part of the meniscus. it will not get better with time. I remember late last year posting something about the fact I wasn't buying the heat excuses of a bone bruise or whatever BS they were selling. front load it. make his contract reasonable 2-3 years out so if we do need money because some big name player is a free agent or trade bait we can do it without killing the cap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: