• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The way Ozzie did it was $1M base salary and $7.5 M signing bonus

AdamSchefter Elvis Dumervil got $1 mil base salary this season, plus $7.5 million signing bonus. He makes $8.5 mil this year, with cap number at $2.5 m.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AdamSchefter Elvis Dumervil got $1 mil base salary this season, plus $7.5 million signing bonus. He makes $8.5 mil this year, with cap number at $2.5 m.

This is how I would have wanted to structure a deal with him. Maybe we cab restructure Bold in in a similar way

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

This is how I would have wanted to structure a deal with him. Maybe we cab restructure Bold in in a similar way

Agreed, that way we can free up cap space

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Free Agent

Free agent Darrius Heyward-Bey will visit the Colts.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Heyward-Bey could visit as early as Monday. It's DHB's first known looksee since getting cut loose by the Raiders. Heyward-Bey wouldn't be signed as a starter, but as a replacement for deep-threat Donnie Avery. DHB was always miscast as a starter in Oakland, but could thrive in a situational role where he's deployed to take the lid off of opposing defenses.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 25 - 8:25 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Osi Umenyiora - DL - Giants

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it appears to be a "foregone conclusion" that free agent Osi Umenyiora will sign with the Falcons.

It's what PFT reported on Saturday, and what remains the case 48 hours later. The sides are probably just putting the finishing touches on what will likely be an incentive-laden contract. Although he's three and a half years younger, Umenyiora isn't a clear upgrade on John Abraham at this stage in their respective careers.
Source: Ohm Youngmisuk on Twitter

Mar 25 - 11:30 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andre Smith - T - Bengals

The Bengals "(hope) to wrap up" contract talks with free agents Andre Smith and Terence Newman this week.
Source: bengals.com

Mar 25 - 12:11 PM

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha is "torn" between signing with the Saints or 49ers.

"The Saints are reportedly "pushing really hard to get him," although returning to the Bay Area might be Asomugha's preference. Asomugha is entering his age-32 season. He'd have a better chance to be a Week 1 starter in New Orleans."

-Rotoworld

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Elvis D man. When he played 34OLB he led the league in sacks. You get him and play him over Upshaw. No brainer.

I hear you. It makes a lot of sense, but do they just keep Upshaw as a back up? They have other holes to fill. I wonder if they try to trade him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They still have Courtney Upshaw too. I wonder if this is a sign that they are not pleased with his play, his pass rushing, or if they just wanted to add another pass rusher to what they already have.

Man I didn't like him at all as a prospect last year. I said he was going to end up in the 2nd round, a lot of folks did not agree with me at time. He just doesn't have that explosiveness one craves from a OLB prospect. He just didn't look too comfortable playing in space.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News about the other team across the bay:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Carson Palmer is "highly unlikely" to restructure his contract, which means his two-year Raiders stint is all but over.

"Palmer's unwillingness to restructure means the Raiders would be left with the decision of whether to keep Palmer at his $13 million base salary, or release him outright. Our bet would be on the latter happening. Palmer simply isn't worth his scheduled pay at age 33, and Oakland could free up a small amount of cap space by releasing him. The Raiders have emerged as the favorites to draft West Virginia's Geno Smith next month. Once released, Palmer is expected to draw immediate interest from the Cardinals."

-Rotoworld

To the Cards? Not a fan of that situation, but I'm willing to bet Fitz would be. It was nice watching the niners/cards matchup last year knowing that Fitz was soooo limited by thier QB play.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers

Jermichael Finley announced on his Twitter account Monday that he will return to the Packers in 2013.

Finley thanked his agents in the tweet, indicating some negotiating took place with Packers GM Ted Thompson. Per the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne, Finley's camp came out on top as there will be no restructuring of his contract nor pay cut. Finley will be paid a $3 million roster bonus on Wednesday, in addition to a $4.45 million salary, $300,000 workout bonus, and $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses. The total stands at $8.25 million.
Source: Jermichael Finley on Twitter

Mar 25 - 4:12 PM

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Finley staying with the Packers...getting the suspicion that TE's could slide to us if we are inclined to take one this year. $8.25 mil? Seems a bit steep for his services.

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL

Packers Jermichael Finley will be back with Green Bay in 2013 making $8.25 million this season. (via @AdamSchefter)

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know if this deserved to be in its own thread or not but thought it was pretty funny and felt the Free Agent thread made sense.

Y! SPORTS

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I didn't like him at all as a prospect last year. I said he was going to end up in the 2nd round, a lot of folks did not agree with me at time. He just doesn't have that explosiveness one craves from a OLB prospect. He just didn't look too comfortable playing in space.

I thought they got very good value where they selected him. Pass rushing was never one of his strengths, though. That's something i thought he could improve upon. I guess not.