• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 55s

>>> RT @Ravens: #Ravens have a 3-yr agreement in principle with S Michael Huff
Expand

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I believe so..was a projection for us back then too..we needed a guy with experience and cover ability..he played CB/fs this year and at 3yr/ 6M would have been a steal..much better than Dahl for the FS position...maybe even better on ST given his speed ...4.34.40 at combine...ohh well c'est la vie

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 55s

>>> RT @Ravens: #Ravens have a 3-yr agreement in principle with S Michael Huff
Expand

WHAT THE CRAP!!!!!!!! :mad2:

The Ravens are one of the most cap-strapped teams in the NFL, and the Niners' cap situation is great. Yet the friggn' Ravens are making all these great signings!!!

Ozzie Newsome is the greatest GM in football. :(

I'm so mad right now! He was cut, so he fits the comp' pick formula! He could've allowed the Niners to focus on DL in the draft or even trade up for Cooper. I'm REALLY starting to hate the Ravens.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Most of us started Feb 3rd 2013.

I didn't hate the Ravens. I hated the NFL & the referees. I always respected the Ravens (except for Ray Lewis). They're an extremely well-ran franchise.

They're really starting to piss me off by taking all the players I want on the Niners though (Dumervil, Huff). If they sign DHB I'm gonna throw a brick through Ozzie's window.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hate the Ravens. I hated the NFL & the referees. I always respected the Ravens (except for Ray Lewis). They're an extremely well-ran franchise.

They're really starting to piss me off by taking all the players I want on the Niners though (Dumervil, Huff). If they sign DHB I'm gonna throw a brick through Ozzie's window.

I applaud you for being able to separate the feelings. Mine are just a hot little ball of hate with everything that kept away our 6th Lombardi.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have envied the Ravens ever since Ozzie took over. He consistently lands on his feet, regardless of draft position, FA status, etc. I think that Ozzie is THE best GM in sports, bar none. He consistently drafts well top to bottom. He consistently makes the right decisions when letting FA walk. Ed Reed is asking for 6 mil per after a season where he truly showed his age. In comes Huff at 1/3 the price and probably twice the skill at this point in his career. Brilliant. Letting Kruger walk was genius considering the comp pick he will receive vs. the contract he got. He got a draft pick for Boldin, who he said he was going to cut anyways. He got Gaither in the supplemental draft and rode that horse until he knew he started slipping. I can go on and on.

Jealousy is how I have felt for years. The fact that Baalke is pretty good takes some of the sting out of things however.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I applaud you for being able to separate the feelings. Mine are just a hot little ball of hate with everything that kept away our 6th Lombardi.

The Cary Williams thing makes me the most angry. That this guy was not only allowed to remain in the game, but then had the gall to call the Niners dirty - this after punching Anthony Davis in the stomach while he was on the ground, shoving an official, and then trying to go through that same official to get at Bruce Miller - is simply outrageous. I've got no use for that guy at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

don't hate the Ravens either, we could've lost to any AFC team and the pain of losing is the same. for me, it was more (not 100%) focused on what WE did wrong, not how the Ravens beat us?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cary Williams thing makes me the most angry. That this guy was not only allowed to remain in the game, but then had the gall to call the Niners dirty - this after punching Anthony Davis in the stomach while he was on the ground, shoving an official, and then trying to go through that same official to get at Bruce Miller - is simply outrageous. I've got no use for that guy at all.

<-------He's pretty close to the center of hate.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have envied the Ravens ever since Ozzie took over. He consistently lands on his feet, regardless of draft position, FA status, etc. I think that Ozzie is THE best GM in sports, bar none. He consistently drafts well top to bottom. He consistently makes the right decisions when letting FA walk. Ed Reed is asking for 6 mil per after a season where he truly showed his age. In comes Huff at 1/3 the price and probably twice the skill at this point in his career. Brilliant. Letting Kruger walk was genius considering the comp pick he will receive vs. the contract he got. He got a draft pick for Boldin, who he said he was going to cut anyways. He got Gaither in the supplemental draft and rode that horse until he knew he started slipping. I can go on and on.

Jealousy is how I have felt for years. The fact that Baalke is pretty good takes some of the sting out of things however.

while i don't envy the Ravens, agree Ozzie earns respect for his body of work. no doubt some decisions are very hard on the fan base......at the time.

unfortunately for good GM's, the wisdom of those decisions aren't totally clear till later on. some fans live in the moment and will rant about losing top players...or not adding them. but tough decisions are necessary to meet cap rules, now the near future. as just one example, aren't we glad we didn't sign Asoumougha in 2011?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
as just one example, aren't we glad we didn't sign Asoumougha in 2011?

Not only am glad we didn't sign him, I'm glad I wasthe loudest opponent of signing him and that a bunch of people said I was stupid for not wanting him because now I can throw it back in their faces (whoever they were).

Ozzie hasn't lost any of the touch he had 15 years ago.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not only am glad we didn't sign him, I'm glad I wasthe loudest opponent of signing him and that a bunch of people said I was stupid for not wanting him because now I can throw it back in their faces (whoever they were).

Ozzie hasn't lost any of the touch he had 15 years ago.

yep, there was a LOUD crowd for Asomugha, so i believe you were lambasted. :-)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dave Birkett:

DHB on his way home now, said no deal yet.

DHB said he's got a long flight home to think about what he wants to do. Visited the Colts on Monday

DHB said he'd enjoy playing with Stafford, who he's known since 2009 draft (same agents), after 7 dif QBs in Oakland